Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 393

Thread: Satanic Temple display approved for Florida Capitol

  1. #111
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,785

    Re: Satanic Temple display approved for Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Why did you spell it "Amurrican?" A racist thing against African-Americans?
    Actually it's a racist comment against redneck hillbilly teaparty types who say American in such a way it sounds like "Amurican" to my ears.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  2. #112
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Satanic Temple display approved for Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    And that is what they would say about that Nativity. There are plenty of places to express your religion without using public lands.
    Christmas is a national holiday and throwing a fit over some nativity scene in town square just because it makes you feel all butt-hurt that people have religious beliefs is just childish as hell. And don't worry; I don't think you nor anyone else can cite a single incidence of poor, innocent atheists falling to their knees in a blinding revelation of faith just because they saw a nativity scene. It's not like it's going to turn honest upstanding heathens into horrible born again bible thumpers.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  3. #113
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Satanic Temple display approved for Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    OK here is a list of your errors that lead to your accusation.


    1. I am not an athiest
    2. I have no desire to piss off Christians, except the ones that seek to impose their morality on others, even them I don't want to piss them off, but want to hopefully impart some wisdom that they lack, which is that this is a free country. (Digsbe is a good example of the wisdom they need, he stays reasonable yet nobody is going to doubt his faith)
    3. Religious freedom will always need to be protected so long as people like WCH or paleocon seek to impose their agenda)

    OK now that you have been corrected, please try again
    OK, let me correct your erroneous "corrections".

    1. I didn't say that YOU were an atheist. I don't know whether you are or are not so I made no such assumption.
    2. Since I didn't say that YOU were an atheist #2 doesn't apply at all.
    3. Nothing I said should be construed to mean that religious freedom shouldn't be protected. The constitution and Bill of Rights handles that.
    4. Until I see evidence that WCH or Paelocon are trying to force you to practice their religion, I can only assume that your claims that they are must be the result of some sort of irrational paranoia on your part.

    Nice try, but that was three swings and three misses. You struck out. Better luck next time.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  4. #114
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Satanic Temple display approved for Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    No, they're drawing attention to exactly the sort of thinking we see in this thread:

    There are Christians who really think the first amendment only applies to their religion. For further evidence, hop over to the thread about the rejected mosque.
    Why are you so obsessed with what Christians think? The first amendment applies to everyone and that can't and won't change just because of anything you think they think. So why do you really believe that what you say you think about what they think is such a great big fat hairy deal?
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  5. #115
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,067
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Satanic Temple display approved for Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    The real BS here is that I would bet $1000 those Satanists aren't even real Satanists. They're athiests doing all that they can to stick it to religion. From their M.O. they seem to target Christians more than any other though.
    How are Christians being "targeted?" The mere presence of having a Satanic display in the same presence as a Christian one is "targeting" them? If you excuse the expression but it seems to me that Christians must be the most faithless spoiled brats ever.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  6. #116
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,751

    Re: Satanic Temple display approved for Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Why are you so obsessed with what Christians think? The first amendment applies to everyone and that can't and won't change just because of anything you think they think. So why do you really believe that what you say you think about what they think is such a great big fat hairy deal?
    Hop over to the thread about the mosque that was blocked.

    It matters what Christians think because despite all the phony "war on Christianity" rhetoric in this country, Christians actually manage to stomp on the freedom of others in this country.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #117
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Satanic Temple display approved for Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    OK, let me correct your erroneous "corrections".

    1. I didn't say that YOU were an atheist. I don't know whether you are or are not so I made no such assumption.

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    people like you
    uhh huh, any other lies you want to tell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    2. Since I didn't say that YOU were an atheist #2 doesn't apply at all.
    I guess you do

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    3. Nothing I said should be construed to mean that religious freedom shouldn't be protected. The constitution and Bill of Rights handles that.
    and we have judges in high places like roy moore who prefer a perverted first amendment, so yes its in danger.

    Ala. Chief Justice Roy Moore Says First Amendment Applies to Christians Only?

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    4. Until I see evidence that WCH or Paelocon are trying to force you to practice their religion, I can only assume that your claims that they are must be the result of some sort of irrational paranoia on your part.
    WCH:

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    There are now cartoons and children's books/movies propagandizing homosexual relationships and SSM. It's not about changing the channel any longer. There's no place this filth doesn't exist.

    This is an all out war for our children's souls and morality in general, IMHO.
    and Paleocon:

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    So you would enforce this the same way you would enforce say drinking in public? How would you catch anybody, how would you prove anything?

    It isn't realistic midst people have sex in private. And wasting time outlawing something that you feel is wrong doesn't benefit society at all.
    The same way other laws against private sexual conduct are enforced.
    Care to try again?

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Nice try, but that was three swings and three misses. You struck out. Better luck next time.
    I think the funniest part about this statement is you counted to 4.

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Satanic Temple display approved for Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    What do you think? Has "religious freedom" gone too far? Some people don't think it should happen -- Satanists Win the Right to Place ‘Grossly Offensive’ Holiday Display Next to the Nativity Inside Florida’s Capitol
    Anybody want to bet that some "real Amurrican" will deface or damage the display?
    Jonathan Gruber was right and The Stupids really are taking over the country.

    Idiot America: How Stupidity Became a Virtue in the Land of the Free: Charles P. Pierce: 9780767926157: Amazon.com: Books

  9. #119
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Satanic Temple display approved for Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    uhh huh, any other lies you want to tell?
    Lame stuff there, tacodancer. Here was the quote in context "It's just proof that people like you get your panties in a bunch because other people believe in something you don't and because you're such a control freak, you want to try to stop them."

    You do have your panties in a bunch because of what other people believe. But I didn't call you an atheist. I don't know what you believe. So why don't you quit calling me names, especially since you've got zero basis for it. At this point, you're just engaging in libel.

    If anyone is lying, it's you trying to assert that I said you were an atheist. I did not do that and it's clear to me that you know that since you obviously had to go through and try to find something to support your false claim and found nothing but a snippet to which you have created a false context.

    You need to raise your game.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  10. #120
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Satanic Temple display approved for Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Lame stuff there, tacodancer. Here was the quote in context "It's just proof that people like you get your panties in a bunch because other people believe in something you don't and because you're such a control freak, you want to try to stop them."

    You do have your panties in a bunch because of what other people believe. But I didn't call you an atheist. I don't know what you believe. So why don't you quit calling me names, especially since you've got zero basis for it. At this point, you're just engaging in libel.

    If anyone is lying, it's you trying to assert that I said you were an atheist. I did not do that and it's clear to me that you know that since you obviously had to go through and try to find something to support your false claim and found nothing but a snippet to which you have created a false context.

    You need to raise your game.
    Dude. Its OK, we all make mistakes, but you are making it worse by lying about it. If you had simply ponied up, it would have been no big deal.




    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I think it's a knee-jerk reaction by militant atheists that doesn't actually accomplish anything of real value, including "protecting our religious freedom", which isn't in jeopardy, anyway. They're doing it just to piss off Christians and, I suppose, that's their prerogative, but it's silly to characterize it as anything but childish and petty.


    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    You don't need satanists to win for the constitution to provide that protection and having Jewish or Christian icons of the holiday on display during the holiday season aren't proof the government is sponsoring religion. It's just proof that people like you get your panties in a bunch because other people believe in something you don't and because you're such a control freak, you want to try to stop them.
    Anyway, militant athiests ... People like you. It was indirect, but you made an erroneous assumption that I decided to have some fun with.

    So yeah you are hot and bothered and indignant now, but just be a man and admit to an occasional mistake. I forgive you anyway


Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •