Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 256

Thread: Protests in support of Eric Garner erupt in New York and elsewhere

  1. #51
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Protests in support of Eric Garner erupt in New York and elsewhere

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    That political cartoon is racist. Shame on you for posting it without giving it the scorn that it deserves.
    How was it racist, if it's true? I saw the videos of looting going on in Ferguson, there was a lot of blacks there. And keep in mind, there are blacks protesting as well. The message of the cartoon is the stark contrast between the majority (and the majority were protesting) and those few who are using this situation to get free stuff. Do you deny the majority of the looters aren't black? I'd like to see your evidence.

  2. #52
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: "Michael Brown's virus" has already infected the NY city.

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    We never have had Laissez-faire in the US government. We have had plenty of supporters of Laissez-faire, but our track record speaks quite the opposite. Hell even the US Constitution gives power to the federal government to interfere in the markets. So thanx for the propaganda but it didnt work. Oh and racism is racism which has zero to do with capitalism.
    Hilarious. The fed almost never intervenes on the side of the people, only on the side of the corporations.

    We have certainly have been running towards lazze fare over the last fifty years (look where its got us) and in the 1800s and early 1900s we had what may have been the closest to full lazze fare the world has ever seen.

    What country has a fully lazze fare system?

    Racism and classism are built into america and capitalism. That's VERY obvious at this point...

    Haha its not propaganda, just truth. In fact the whole idea of lazze fare is a form of corporate propaganda. Nice try at disguising it though...

  3. #53
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: "Michael Brown's virus" has already infected the NY city.

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I do not see that as a credible message and it reads like rank baiting with an extreme view seeking a reaction for attention.
    I don't care what you think. It's the truth. The pigs are very corrupt and need to be dealt with, along with the systemic greed that is capitalism.

  4. #54
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: Protests in support of Eric Garner erupt in New York and elsewhere

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    How was it racist, if it's true? I saw the videos of looting going on in Ferguson, there was a lot of blacks there. And keep in mind, there are blacks protesting as well. The message of the cartoon is the stark contrast between the majority (and the majority were protesting) and those few who are using this situation to get free stuff. Do you deny the majority of the looters aren't black? I'd like to see your evidence.
    Because its not true. Their were a very small percentage of people looting. Their were much larger amounts of protestors guarding stores to stop looters.

    Furthermore the real looting in Ferguson is what has been done to the black community their from systemic racism. Personally I hope this starts a wider revolution in America. Lord knows we need it.

  5. #55
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Protests in support of Eric Garner erupt in New York and elsewhere

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    Because its not true. Their were a very small percentage of people looting. Their were much larger amounts of protestors guarding stores to stop looters.

    Furthermore the real looting in Ferguson is what has been done to the black community their from systemic racism. Personally I hope this starts a wider revolution in America. Lord knows we need it.
    No way your dream of a communist America will ever come to pass. And further, your views of such only show how our education system along with indulgent parenting has ruined a generation.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #56
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: Protests in support of Eric Garner erupt in New York and elsewhere

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No way your dream of a communist America will ever come to pass. And further, your views of such only show how our education system along with indulgent parenting has ruined a generation.
    Haha indulgent parenting your hilarious. I grew up in a house without a television or working shower. I slept on the floor my entire childhood. Real indulgent parents right? I do agree that allot of american kids are spoiled rotten (more con kids than lib, but certainly some lib kids to) I'm certainly not one of them. Everything I own I bought, trash picked, or got for free off craigslist or free cycle or from a friend. All my close as a child were handmedowns or from a thrift store, and I was hungry allot.

    Communism will not come to pass. Democratic Socialism will. I will make sure of it.

    Communism will not come to pass because it would take hundreds of years to achieve.

    Fyi communism (by marx's definition) means their is no more government. Their are Stalinist governments that claim to have achieved communism, and a very few actual socialist governments that have or had communism set as their endgame, and people that call themselves communist that say socialism is the best way to achieve communism, but communism has never happened and certainly never will in our lifetime...

  7. #57
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Protests in support of Eric Garner erupt in New York and elsewhere

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    Haha indulgent parenting your hilarious. I grew up in a house without a television or working shower. I slept on the floor my entire childhood. Real indulgent parents right? I do agree that allot of american kids are spoiled rotten (more con kids than lib, but certainly some lib kids to) I'm certainly not one of them. Everything I own I bought, trash picked, or got for free off craigslist or free cycle or from a friend. All my close as a child were handmedowns or from a thrift store, and I was hungry allot.

    Communism will not come to pass. Democratic Socialism will. I will make sure of it.

    Communism will not come to pass because it would take hundreds of years to achieve.

    Fyi communism (by marx's definition) means their is no more government. Their are Stalinist governments that claim to have achieved communism, and a very few actual socialist governments that have or had communism set as their endgame, and people that call themselves communist that say socialism is the best way to achieve communism, but communism has never happened and certainly never will in our lifetime...
    Indulgence comes in many forms other than material comforts. And "you" will make sure of it eh? Color me shaking in my boots... The problem with snotty little socialist memes like this is that nothing you say is new. In fact, it is quite boring. Regardless of the long string of failure regarding your line of thought, you and those like continue to refuse to see the failure, only to repeat that you haven't been able to do enough of it.

    Wake up man.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #58
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Protests in support of Eric Garner erupt in New York and elsewhere

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    Because its not true. Their were a very small percentage of people looting. Their were much larger amounts of protesters guarding stores to stop looters.

    Furthermore the real looting in Ferguson is what has been done to the black community their from systemic racism. Personally I hope this starts a wider revolution in America. Lord knows we need it.
    First off, a revolutions denotes violence, especially in this context. I don't know why any thinking man would ever want something that was going to lead to that massive a loss of life. Also, like I said, the cartoon showed more people on the protest side than the looting side. Look you can't deny the fact there was looting that happened, or that 17 buildings have been destroyed or severely damaged from arson. Maybe you need a reminder:

    140816114147-01-ferguson-0816-horizontal-gallery.jpg

    I saw these images live, which is why I showed this particular image. By the way, you know I find it hilarious how stupid the comment was about "the systemic racism that has been done". You know someone who lost her businesses due the blacks who were rioting and committing violence? This woman:

    Ferguson_Nationwide_Protests-02da0-233x300.jpg

    Her name is Natalie DuBose, and she runs a small bakery in Ferguson. I'm guessing she's one of those that's inflicting that systemic racism, is that what you are saying? The same people you are defending, broke the glass of her storefront along with some damaged baking equipment and setting her back terribly. A friend of hers I believe put up her story to gofundme to help her save her store. The goal was at 20,000 dollars and they've managed to raise over 250,000 dollars for her! This story clearly demonstrates that 1) this rioters aren't doing this in some heroic definance of white society who is impressing them, but act like thugs and hoodlums. 2) That systems are in place to help those who need it, even blacks. And guess what, a lot of whites donated to that campaign as well, so you need to check yourself.
    Last edited by Hamster Buddha; 12-08-14 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Wanted to Include Dubose Story

  9. #59
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,441

    Re: Protests in support of Eric Garner erupt in New York and elsewhere

    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Polish View Post
    Protests in support of Eric Garner erupt in New York and elsewhere - The Washington Post
    It seems that black protests are covering the whole country. We see how every negative gesture towards the minority of color will exacerbate this conflict. While plans of our administration are not clear protesters are flooding the streets of the largest city in the country. Will Obama send his militarized police forces with newly bought body-cameras to the "Big Apple". It is worth to shoot a new blockbuster.

    Attachment 67176817

    There was no looting in NY that I'm aware of. Just lots of peaceful protests with few arrests. Oh and probably half of the protesters were/are white.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  10. #60
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: Protests in support of Eric Garner erupt in New York and elsewhere

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Indulgence comes in many forms other than material comforts. And "you" will make sure of it eh? Color me shaking in my boots... The problem with snotty little socialist memes like this is that nothing you say is new. In fact, it is quite boring. Regardless of the long string of failure regarding your line of thought, you and those like continue to refuse to see the failure, only to repeat that you haven't been able to do enough of it.

    Wake up man.
    Yea because i am a socialist, I must be "indulgent" oh no wait that would be the capitalists that are obviously indulgent! Look at that...

    My parents were very strict to... Swing n a miss their...

    So in order for a political philosophy to be good or not snotty it must be new? That is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have ever heard someone say on dp! Congrats man I have heard some really dumb ish on here...

    Explain this long string of failure. Their have not been many truly socialist governments. To be truly socialist the people must control the means of production.

    China is Stalinist. Russia was Stalinist and then turned to oligarchy (like america according to Princeton, that's where capitalism always leads, oligarchy) the only socialist country's i know of are lil tiny ones in Europe and ones america overthrew long ago in south america.

    So let's have this list of "socialist" failures... What a joke...

    Capitalism is a massive failure. Look st the state of the world dude. That's proof enough of that...

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •