Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 256

Thread: Protests in support of Eric Garner erupt in New York and elsewhere

  1. #171
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,592

    Re: Protests in support of Eric Garner erupt in New York and elsewhere

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Utterly stupid, even Garner's wife says it's not about race, as did Akai Gurley's family which is why you don't list him and instead list that store robbing cop robbing thug, brown.


    It's insulting to lump garner who was attacked by a cop with a history of bad behavior to ferguson which was a thug attacking a cop and getting properly shot for it.


    It's a cop/citizen issue, not a black/white one/
    To the protestors it's absolutely about race. If Eric Garner was anything but black, we wouldn't even know who he is and the protestors wouldn't give a rat's ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #172
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Protests in support of Eric Garner erupt in New York and elsewhere

    *sigh* I'm actually going to have to go line by line because your post is do stupid.

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    'Facepalm' you obviously did not read the post. I told you the poverty rate is horrendously flawed because they haven't accounted for cost of living increases since 1964.

    It should be more like 50% for blacks, and higher for all other sections to.

    So whites outnumber Black's 5:1. Their are 197 million whites in America and 45 million blacks. The number of poor blacks is 13.5 mill and whites 19. If America where fair and not racist then their wouldn't only be a 6 million person difference between a group with 1/4 of the population.

    They do not include those near the poverty line, and the poverty line should be much higher. Your willfully ignorant on the matter or just ignorant.
    First off, I do include near the poverty line, and the 30% is it for Blacks, 15% is for Whites. And since this discussion has already devolved to name calling, 15% of Whites is a lot more than 19 million, the numbers I used were accurate and I double checked them to make sure. Perhaps you should do the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    Your the racist and I never said it was. I said it DISPRAPORTIONALITY EFFECTS BLACKS. please don't put words in my mouth bigot.
    You said it just a few lines back.

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    I am open for discussion with those that have a clue what they are talking about.

    How many KKK members are not republican or libertarian? How about peckerwoods? Oh yea none that's right...

    No it all begins and ends with the establishment. Your really good at making things up I didn't say.
    Perhaps you've never lived in the south, so I can forgive your ignorance but the reality is that most everyone in the South is Democrat... they just don't vote a long party lines anymore, even the racist. I had a Grandfather who was actually a politician and he was a Democrat, made everyone else in the family convert. He's dead now, died back in the 80's before I was born, but yeah. Besides, how big do you think the KKK is today? Maybe 10 thousand, and I'm probably be generous. Besides, how many Democrats are also communist? Or member of a radical environmental organization? Both parties has it's bad apples at the fringes.

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    I don't see how blacks ruling themselves in Africa is at all relevant.

    That's the problem people don't work together, and for a large part its because white people don't want to do what's necessary to undue the racism of the last 300 years in this country.
    Well if the problem really were just with whites, you'd think that once they unshackled themselves from the oppression of the White Devil, things would be okie dorie right? Because black people would never harm their fellow man. There is no education gap between blacks and whites. It's all just the white man right?

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    I don't. Bigots like you that want to do nothing to help ALL poor people do. Furthermore my family was quakers (aka abolitionists) and Jews in Russia that came over 100 years ago.

    Your blatant bigotry shows you have nothing to offer, and have immature and generally racist thoughts about the state of the country and world.
    Just can't help yourself can you? Not four lines up you were saying I was putting words in your mouth when you called me a racist, and now you're calling me a bigot. Do you not have any consistency to your arguments?

  3. #173
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Protests in support of Eric Garner erupt in New York and elsewhere

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    And if you would seek out black voices, you would find that they have these very same concerns, both with the way some of their own dress and behave and the way that all of them are systematically treated. That's just the thing: it's not an either-or choice. I don't like sagging pants either, but you know what? Sagging pants don't infringe upon my freedom. I think "ghetto"-looking cars are trashy, but you know what? They don't infringe upon my freedom. But if I were to fall into the trap of letting a few people whose dress and vehicle choice I dislike turn into a degree of hatred, however slight, then at best I am doing nothing to help the bigger situation.
    The issue here that you're not understanding though is that it matters very little what you and I think, when this is standard practice in the international business world. I'm telling you; if you removed the entirety of the black population out of the US and to say Japan or China, their lot wouldn't improve in the slightest because they also demand that same level of professionalism, hell most of the times even higher. Hell, for most of the youth in this country (I'm not just talking about Blacks mind you), I think it'd be quite the culture shock for them to have to humble themselves when they enter into let's say a Chinese business man's office. And trust me, for most of the stupid **** white people do in the States wouldn't fly either. You think someone in China or Japan is going to have anything to do with me if I come into their office looking like I just came out of a rodeo?

    Look the condition of the car doesn't bother me, because you drive what you can afford. I drove a 76 Mustang for my first car, and while that may sound cool, that thing was a piece of junk, but it was all I could afford. What really matters to me, and others like me, if effort. If your come to me looking the best you can manage, then I know that you really want the job. It's as simple as that. And ultimately, I don't see that as racist because I'm judging everyone by the same high standards. What's racist about that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    At least you acknowledge the possibility of systematic racism. But then you fall into the old trap of blaming the victims without recognizing why a disproportionate number of blacks behave in ways that most whites do not approve of. It's like playing a rigged game, and if you get desperate enough, you just might resort to cheating, or worse. That and poverty, I believe, are the main fuels of bad behavior from blacks. Give them true justice and opportunity, let it set in as a fundamental part of our society, and I guarantee you that the situation will change overnight.

    A word about Asian-Americans. They, too, were systematically oppressed as you mentioned, but right around the time that the civil rights movement picked up steam, the powers-that-be suddenly began to patronize them as a "model minority," which really meant that they didn't buck the system to try to overcome their oppression. And all of a sudden, once that was lifted, the fates of Asian-Americans made a change for the better! It was almost like the anti-Latino sentiment in reverse. I specifically remember conservative white Americans' repeatedly patronizing Latinos over a decade ago, but now, the talk has become much nastier.
    The thing with Asian-Americans is that they really don't give a **** what you think of them. They (and this also applies to Asian countries as well like Vietnam, China, and Japan) demand discipline, and do not take failure lightly. This is why I believe youths of Asian decent (or Asians in general actually) have it so much easier making the transition to more difficult arenas because they're ready to make that leap. And you talk about the Latino sentiment, I'm glad you bring that up because like I said before, in many of the statistical categories they are even moving ahead of blacks. That impresses the hell out of me, especially when you consider that a lot of them are first and second generation immigrants.

    Look, you may not like the fact that to achieve in this world you have to conform to some level, but that's just the fact. And like I said previously, this isn't just for blacks to conform to a white country, this is about Americans who want to take that next step to have to conform to a larger world that won't tolerate a lot of stuff that we get away with here.

    Let me ask you something, If black people who don't have the same history with Asians were to be magically transported to say Japan or China, do you think they would succeed there? And do you think it is "racist" for them to hold blacks to the same standards I do?
    Last edited by Hamster Buddha; 12-11-14 at 06:09 AM.

  4. #174
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: Protests in support of Eric Garner erupt in New York and elsewhere

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    "So when I say most of the looters were black it is racist?
    But when you say of course most of the looters were black it is proof that my statement is racist?"


    Do I?


    Would you like a link? Or would you like a quote?

    A caliphate is an Islamic state. It's led by a caliph, who is a political and religious leader who is a successor (caliph) to the Islamic prophet Muhammad. His power and authority is absolute.

    Yes you do. It is racist to state that all the looters are black without stating all the facts with it, and defending a obviously racist cartoon is, well, racist...

    I am beginning to believe the US has become a caliphate.
    Omg Obamas not even Muslim! He never was!! His dad was...

    He is christian (in a vein attempt to appease the insatiable right wing) but really I think he's probably secular in his heart...

    Actually a caliphate is not a state, its a title for a political and religious leader. Technically their is only supposed to be one, and they are supposed to be the defendants of Muhammad, but they have been arguing with each other about it since Muhammad died.

    So your half right...
    Last edited by b_dubz; 12-11-14 at 07:06 AM.

  5. #175
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: Protests in support of Eric Garner erupt in New York and elsewhere

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    *sigh* I'm actually going to have to go line by line because your post is do stupid.



    First off, I do include near the poverty line, and the 30% is it for Blacks, 15% is for Whites. And since this discussion has already devolved to name calling, 15% of Whites is a lot more than 19 million, the numbers I used were accurate and I double checked them to make sure. Perhaps you should do the same.



    You said it just a few lines back.



    Perhaps you've never lived in the south, so I can forgive your ignorance but the reality is that most everyone in the South is Democrat... they just don't vote a long party lines anymore, even the racist. I had a Grandfather who was actually a politician and he was a Democrat, made everyone else in the family convert. He's dead now, died back in the 80's before I was born, but yeah. Besides, how big do you think the KKK is today? Maybe 10 thousand, and I'm probably be generous. Besides, how many Democrats are also communist? Or member of a radical environmental organization? Both parties has it's bad apples at the fringes.



    Well if the problem really were just with whites, you'd think that once they unshackled themselves from the oppression of the White Devil, things would be okie dorie right? Because black people would never harm their fellow man. There is no education gap between blacks and whites. It's all just the white man right?


    Just can't help yourself can you? Not four lines up you were saying I was putting words in your mouth when you called me a racist, and now you're calling me a bigot. Do you not have any consistency to your arguments?
    Near the poverty line still grossly underestimates it, and your using 3% to refer to near poverty line... And my post is stupid? That's hilarious!

    In all actuality the poverty line is a terrible term, and for two its always at least double. That's what your family times lower then it should be. For example the line for a family of 1 parent and three kids to live modestly and securely should be 80k a year here.

    http://www.epi.org/resources/budget/

    So your "math" is comically flawed, and your percentages are horrendously off.


    No the south is full of bigoted republicans. The city's are a bit more mixed. I have been their and that was plenty. It also depends on what state your in allot, and what part of that state your in (just like anywhere else)

    The KKK does not willingly release member lists, so any estimates are far off...

    Ummmmm no dems are communist. In fact the word "liberal" has free market market capitalism and lazze fair built right in to its core beliefs (lazze fair is the dumbest idea ever)

    communism is not a bad thing (its actually a utopia technically) and no one has ever achieved communism. A communist government is a oxymoron because (under Karl Marx's definition) by achieving communism, you would no longer need or have a government. I am a socialist (again not a bad thing, much more humane and moral then capitalism) So have studied these things fairly extensively...

    "Radical environmental organization" so trying to stop our or our children's impending doom is now a "radical" belief? That's possibly the nuttiest thing you said.

    Their is no such thing as a radical environmental group. Their are radicals who deny the science of anthropomorphic climate change, but believing something that 97% of earth scientists and climatologists believe is not radical. Its the opposite.

    I can't believe you just equated communism and environmentalism to racism... That's possible the most ignorant thing I have ever heard... It makes me sad for you, and the state of the world. Ignorance is rampant in America...

    Well if the problem really were just with whites, you'd think that once they unshackled themselves from the oppression of the White Devil, things would be okie dorie right? Because black people would never harm their fellow man. There is no education gap between blacks and whites. It's all just the white man right?
    Not racist eh? That paragraph begs to differ...

    Their is a education gap because schools in the inner city are crap (where the vast majority of blacks live) and public schools in general are worse than privates (mostly because of privates, and because of cons gouging the pubs to build new prisons. Like Corbett did. If rich kids had to go to public school they would be awesome) unfortunately poor youth are worthless in America. Always have been since the founding. This effects whites to, but more blacks. Its part of that vicious cycle I was talking about earlier.

    Ummmmm bigot and racist are synonyms...

    Oh and no I never said anything close to poverty is restricted to black people. Learn to read. It is much more likely to effect them however.
    Last edited by b_dubz; 12-11-14 at 07:53 AM.

  6. #176
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Protests in support of Eric Garner erupt in New York and elsewhere

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    Near the poverty line still grossly underestimates it, and your using 3% to refer to near poverty line... And my post is stupid? That's hilarious!

    In all actuality the poverty line is a terrible term, and for two its always at least double. That's what your family times lower then it should be. For example the line for a family of 1 parent and three kids to live modestly and securely should be 80k a year here.

    http://www.epi.org/resources/budget/

    So your "math" is comically flawed, and your percentages are horrendously off.


    No the south is full of bigoted republicans. The city's are a bit more mixed. I have been their and that was plenty. It also depends on what state your in allot, and what part of that state your in (just like anywhere else)

    The KKK does not willingly release member lists, so any estimates are far off...

    Ummmmm no dems are communist. In fact the word "liberal" has free market market capitalism and lazze fair built right in to its core beliefs (lazze fair is the dumbest idea ever)

    communism is not a bad thing (its actually a utopia technically) and no one has ever achieved communism. A communist government is a oxymoron because (under Karl Marx's definition) by achieving communism, you would no longer need or have a government. I am a socialist (again not a bad thing, much more humane and moral then capitalism) So have studied these things fairly extensively...

    "Radical environmental organization" so trying to stop our or our children's impending doom is now a "radical" belief? That's possibly the nuttiest thing you said.

    Their is no such thing as a radical environmental group. Their are radicals who deny the science of anthropomorphic climate change, but believing something that 97% of earth scientists and climatologists believe is not radical. Its the opposite.

    I can't believe you just equated communism and environmentalism to racism... That's possible the most ignorant thing I have ever heard... It makes me sad for you, and the state of the world. Ignorance is rampant in America...



    Not racist eh? That paragraph begs to differ...

    Their is a education gap because schools in the inner city are crap (where the vast majority of blacks live) and public schools in general are worse than privates (mostly because of privates, and because of cons gouging the pubs to build new prisons. Like Corbett did. If rich kids had to go to public school they would be awesome) unfortunately poor youth are worthless in America. Always have been since the founding. This effects whites to, but more blacks. Its part of that vicious cycle I was talking about earlier.

    Ummmmm bigot and racist are synonyms...

    Oh and no I never said anything close to poverty is restricted to black people. Learn to read. It is much more likely to effect them however.
    From reading your posts it is clear that the protests over Gardner, or Brown is no longer about them.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #177
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Protests in support of Eric Garner erupt in New York and elsewhere

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    Near the poverty line still grossly underestimates it, and your using 3% to refer to near poverty line... And my post is stupid? That's hilarious!

    (snipped for room)
    Man that math is a joke. The idea that a family of four would have to "scrape by" on 80K. I think someone has lived a super privlieged life if you think for three kids and a single parent demands 80K. My mother was disabled, and was able to take care of me, my brother, and another friend of mine who was kicked out by his mom on the disability/social security check and food stamps. And I can guarantee you that it didn't add up to no 80K, or believe me, I think we could of lived off better than generic crap. Also keep in mind this is from the EPI, not exactly the most neutral source your could of reference. I mean, I doubt would take any info from the Heritage or Cato Institutes, so let's not waste each other's time hmm? So as you say,

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    So your "math" is comically flawed, and your percentages are horrendously off.
    Couldn't of said it better myself. 80K... maybe if they live in a mansion and have to find electricity for their ten thousand watt jacuzzi.

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    No the south is full of bigoted republicans. The city's are a bit more mixed. I have been their and that was plenty. It also depends on what state your in allot, and what part of that state your in (just like anywhere else)

    The KKK does not willingly release member lists, so any estimates are far off...
    Come on, I need a good laugh, I'd liked to know what you think the membership is of the KKK. This'll be good.

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    Ummmmm no dems are communist. In fact the word "liberal" has free market market capitalism and lazze fair built right in to its core beliefs (lazze fair is the dumbest idea ever)
    You've obviously not met Van Jones then...

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    communism is not a bad thing (its actually a utopia technically) and no one has ever achieved communism. A communist government is a oxymoron because (under Karl Marx's definition) by achieving communism, you would no longer need or have a government. I am a socialist (again not a bad thing, much more humane and moral then capitalism) So have studied these things fairly extensively...
    Tell that to the Chinese are living vastly superior lives once that chucked that whole communism/socialism crap out an air duct...

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    "Radical environmental organization" so trying to stop our or our children's impending doom is now a "radical" belief? That's possibly the nuttiest thing you said.

    Their is no such thing as a radical environmental group. Their are radicals who deny the science of anthropomorphic climate change, but believing something that 97% of earth scientists and climatologists believe is not radical. Its the opposite.

    I can't believe you just equated communism and environmentalism to racism... That's possible the most ignorant thing I have ever heard... It makes me sad for you, and the state of the world. Ignorance is rampant in America...
    Fun fact, communist governments have killed over 94 million people in the last century. Just how many people do you think Racism killed over the last hundred years? I'll give you a hint, it's far... far... less than that. And as far as radical environmentalist, who are terrorist, it's important to note that since 2003, they've been responsible for over 300 million in property damage.

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    Not racist eh? That paragraph begs to differ...

    Their is a education gap because schools in the inner city are crap (where the vast majority of blacks live) and public schools in general are worse than privates (mostly because of privates, and because of cons gouging the pubs to build new prisons. Like Corbett did. If rich kids had to go to public school they would be awesome) unfortunately poor youth are worthless in America. Always have been since the founding. This effects whites to, but more blacks. Its part of that vicious cycle I was talking about earlier.

    Ummmmm bigot and racist are synonyms...

    Oh and no I never said anything close to poverty is restricted to black people. Learn to read. It is much more likely to effect them however.
    It's a little sad really. All I hear from you at this point is, "You don't think everything that is wrong in the world is because of those mean white republicans! You're a racist!" Well you can continue on your five year old tantrum as I continue discussions with the actual adults in this thread. You can have the last word, for as little worth as it is.

  8. #178
    Sage
    Roadvirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,159

    Re: Protests in support of Eric Garner erupt in New York and elsewhere

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    I saw a pic in my Facebook feed this morning that perfectly answers this.

    .
    What a load of melodramatic crap.

  9. #179
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,787

    Re: Protests in support of Eric Garner erupt in New York and elsewhere

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    The issue here that...(snip for length)
    The thing you're still not getting, and what I'm still trying to communicate somehow, is this: I'm not accusing you of a mistake of commission. I'm accusing you of a mistake of omission. Whether blacks would be systematically treated better in Japan or China is an untested hypothesis at this point, simply because of the very low percentage of blacks who live there. But if we're so concerned that a disproportionate number of blacks (and browns) are "unprofessional"--and that's a real stretch, to put it very mildly--then let's stop blaming the victim and start rebuilding social institutions that give blacks the same opportunities that whites have. Civil rights leaders don't want equality at the finish line: They want equality at the starting line.

    Look the condition of the car...(snip for length)
    Trying to determine whether a specific action against a person of color is racist like trying to determine whether a specific weather event is a direct result of climate change. One has to look at the bigger picture to determine the existence of both, not just specific acts.

    If you seriously wonder whether such an action on your part might be construed as being racist, might I recommend attending some race and racism awareness workshops? At the expense of intense discomfort at times, they can give you the confidence to navigate situations such as the one you mentioned without breaking a sweat.

    The thing with Asian-Americans is that they really don't give a **** what you think of them. They (and this also applies to Asian countries as well like Vietnam, China, and Japan) demand discipline, and do not take failure lightly. This is why I believe youths of Asian decent (or Asians in general actually) have it so much easier making the transition to more difficult arenas because they're ready to make that leap. And you talk about the Latino sentiment, I'm glad you bring that up because like I said before, in many of the statistical categories they are even moving ahead of blacks. That impresses the hell out of me, especially when you consider that a lot of them are first and second generation immigrants.
    Again, systematic discrimination against Asian-Americans has been far, far lesser than against African-Americans for at least the last half-century. Go back and read up on the history of Chinatowns, and the internment of Japanese-Americans in World War II, and the treatment of Chinese migrant workers over a century ago, and you will see that whites did not always treat Asian-Americans so well.

    Look, you may not like the fact that to achieve in this world you have to conform to some level, but that's just the fact. And like I said previously, this isn't just for blacks to conform to a white country, this is about Americans who want to take that next step to have to conform to a larger world that won't tolerate a lot of stuff that we get away with here.

    Let me ask you something, If black people who don't have the same history with Asians were to be magically transported to say Japan or China, do you think they would succeed there? And do you think it is "racist" for them to hold blacks to the same standards I do?
    You seem to want a yes-or-no answer to an essay question. That's just the thing about analyzing power systems, whether those systems involve race, gender, sex, orientation, etc. Something I have learned is that any time I am interacting with a person of color, I must be fully cognizant of all the racial dynamics in play, and I must be fully cognizant that a black or brown person perceives me as being inherently more privileged and empowered. So I can't take it personally when I get told off, or they don't smile at me, or whatever prejudiced action I might receive. And if you're about to jump on that word "prejudice," then you need to stop and try to understand what I am really saying here. Nobody, I repeat, nobody is telling you that you have to hire people of color just because they are nonwhite. All they are asking you to do is to be aware of these power structures and to not contribute to them, however justifiable you may believe your actions to be. What does that look like in practice? I don't know. Only an honest examination of ones thoughts, feelings, and subconscious biases can reveal that.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    From reading your posts it is clear that the protests over Gardner, or Brown is no longer about them.
    Way to address the points in his post. At least Hamster is doing so with me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadvirus View Post
    What a load of melodramatic crap.
    That is probably the best refutation I've ever heard on DP! Well done!
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  10. #180
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: Protests in support of Eric Garner erupt in New York and elsewhere

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    Man that math is a joke. The idea that a family of four would have to "scrape by" on 80K. I think someone has lived a super privlieged life if you think for three kids and a single parent demands 80K. My mother was disabled, and was able to take care of me, my brother, and another friend of mine who was kicked out by his mom on the disability/social security check and food stamps. And I can guarantee you that it didn't add up to no 80K, or believe me, I think we could of lived off better than generic crap. Also keep in mind this is from the EPI, not exactly the most neutral source your could of reference. I mean, I doubt would take any info from the Heritage or Cato Institutes, so let's not waste each other's time hmm? So as you say,



    Couldn't of said it better myself. 80K... maybe if they live in a mansion and have to find electricity for their ten thousand watt jacuzzi.



    Come on, I need a good laugh, I'd liked to know what you think the membership is of the KKK. This'll be good.


    You've obviously not met Van Jones then...



    Tell that to the Chinese are living vastly superior lives once that chucked that whole communism/socialism crap out an air duct...



    Fun fact, communist governments have killed over 94 million people in the last century. Just how many people do you think Racism killed over the last hundred years? I'll give you a hint, it's far... far... less than that. And as far as radical environmentalist, who are terrorist, it's important to note that since 2003, they've been responsible for over 300 million in property damage.



    It's a little sad really. All I hear from you at this point is, "You don't think everything that is wrong in the world is because of those mean white republicans! You're a racist!" Well you can continue on your five year old tantrum as I continue discussions with the actual adults in this thread. You can have the last word, for as little worth as it is.
    Your up to your ears in bs.

    No actually I'm from a pretty poor family. I slept on the floor, never had a functional shower, TV, new anything, etc... Try having a clue what your talking about yes?

    Epi is a good institute. Cato is crap. That's why I can bring it in and you can't.

    I said to live modestly and securely. Thats where the poverty line should be really. Where people can live modestly and securely. Furthermore I set it to Philadelphia. The cost of living here is higher than the rest of the country.

    From the sound of it you were raised below the actual poverty line. Like me.

    The membership of the KKK is reported at 8 to ten grand. I bet its much higher though. I have no idea what, as their lists are closed.

    Van Jones is about to sue fox if they keep calling him a communist. If he were he would admit it. Stop watching beck and fox. Rots your brain and spews false propaganda.

    The Chinese where never communist or socialist contrary to popular opinion. They where Stalinist. Communist governments are oxymorons, and in order to be socialism the people mist control the means of production. Your just spewing more propaganda.

    It would be hard for a oxymoron to kill anybody...

    How have STALINIST country's killed 94 million people over the last hundred years?!?!??! If anything racism has killed closer to that number with genocides like the holocaust... Try having a clue next time yea?

    Haha this is gonna be funny. How have environmentalists caused 300 million in property damage?? By regulation? Or protests? I have no idea what your talking about... And I don't care about private property that much... I think its a right for people, not corporations....

    I made assertions based on what you said and the republican party has done and said. You both are racist.

    So your going to make a bunch of hilariously flawed statments with 0 backing and then not respond? And who is the child here? Oh yes you are that's right...

    I'm going to continue pointing out your lunacy wherever it presents itself... And I don't give a rats hind end about the last word, I care about fact. Something you seem to he allergic to.

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •