Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 256

Thread: Protests in support of Eric Garner erupt in New York and elsewhere

  1. #121
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-16-18 @ 09:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: "Michael Brown's virus" has already infected the NY city.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Nonviolent protests, no. However, there are very few nonviolent protests. The protestors in NYC are blocking streets and trespassing on private property. That's illegal.

    so trespassing and street blocking is violence?


    and therefore, treason?


    You would have them all killed?
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  2. #122
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,590

    Re: Protests in support of Eric Garner erupt in New York and elsewhere

    I guess Mike Browns 15 minutes are over time for them to move on to the next case to exploit.

  3. #123
    Jokes Are a Cry For Help.
    CMPancake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,274
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: "Michael Brown's virus" has already infected the NY city.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    These protests have nothing to do with smaller government. What the protesters and their proponents want, is a judicial system that can be manipulated to create a popular outcome and disregard The Constitution and the facts of the case. They want tyranny. No more, no less.
    Reread this and tell me how any of what you said makes any sense what so ever. Tyranny by definition is the abuse of power over a majority, how would a majority be tyrannical over themselves?

    But all of that is an aside, because that is not what the majority of protesters want, nor what I am saying. What I am stating is that public officials and civil servants like Law Enforcement should be held accountable for their actions. Now if you're truly against big government or Police-States, would you agree that we should reform or change the laws that currently allow officers like the ones who put Garner in a choke hold walk away with a mere slap on the wrists?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Aren't you the one that said cops should be held to a different standard?
    Cops should be held to a higher standard than civilians, yes. If we trust them with firearms, the power to arrest, search homes, personal property, and enforce the law I think we should hold those people up to a higher standard than Jack of Jill. What is your point?

  4. #124
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    84,921

    Re: "Michael Brown's virus" has already infected the NY city.

    Quote Originally Posted by CMPancake View Post
    Reread this and tell me how any of what you said makes any sense what so ever. Tyranny by definition is the abuse of power over a majority, how would a majority be tyrannical over themselves?

    But all of that is an aside, because that is not what the majority of protesters want, nor what I am saying. What I am stating is that public officials and civil servants like Law Enforcement should be held accountable for their actions. Now if you're truly against big government or Police-States, would you agree that we should reform or change the laws that currently allow officers like the ones who put Garner in a choke hold walk away with a mere slap on the wrists?



    Cops should be held to a higher standard than civilians, yes. If we trust them with firearms, the power to arrest, search homes, personal property, and enforce the law I think we should hold those people up to a higher standard than Jack of Jill. What is your point?
    What rights should cops forfeit?
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  5. #125
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,034

    Re: "Michael Brown's virus" has already infected the NY city.

    From what I see of this crap so far is that these incidents have been hijacked in favor of the narrative of the moment...For instance, hustlers like Sharpton, and Jackson want to hijack them for their own aggrandizement and enrichment...the Occupy movement (or American Communist movement) wants to foment chaos, and anarchy to overthrow the system of Capitalism. And now we have those anti establishment types railing against law enforcement in very general terms as if these metro areas would be all better without law enforcement. Ridiculous.

    All of these people are noise as far as I am concerned. NONE of them will live to the day when they see what they think would make things better. And for all of our sake, I hope they never gain popularity in their opinions.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #126
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Protests in support of Eric Garner erupt in New York and elsewhere

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    I guess Mike Browns 15 minutes are over time for them to move on to the next case to exploit.
    Mike who?

  7. #127
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,590

    Re: "Michael Brown's virus" has already infected the NY city.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    From what I see of this crap so far is that these incidents have been hijacked in favor of the narrative of the moment...For instance, hustlers like Sharpton, and Jackson want to hijack them for their own aggrandizement and enrichment...the Occupy movement (or American Communist movement) wants to foment chaos, and anarchy to overthrow the system of Capitalism. And now we have those anti establishment types railing against law enforcement in very general terms as if these metro areas would be all better without law enforcement. Ridiculous.

    All of these people are noise as far as I am concerned. NONE of them will live to the day when they see what they think would make things better. And for all of our sake, I hope they never gain popularity in their opinions.
    Less we forget the lessons of WW2

  8. #128
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: "Michael Brown's virus" has already infected the NY city.

    There was an opportunity for some high comedy with these protests. They could have all lit up loosies in public buildings, I'd suggest in the mayor's offices. At least I could have had a good laugh.

  9. #129
    Rule of Two
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,351

    Re: "Michael Brown's virus" has already infected the NY city.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    so trespassing and street blocking is violence?


    and therefore, treason?


    You would have them all killed?
    The "small government" conservatives are coming out of the woodwork lately.
    Peace is a lie. There is only Passion. Through Passion I gain Strength. Through Strength I gain Power. Through Power I gain Victory. Through Victory my chains are Broken. The Force shall free me.

  10. #130
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: Protests in support of Eric Garner erupt in New York and elsewhere

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    What did you intend to say?
    what a nonsensical statement. Don't just spout nonsensical jiberish.

    Obviously I intended to way exactly what I said. Ie disprove all that bs you wrote, and explain why your statements are VERY racist.

    Because of the ACA? can't be that the ACA was a HUGE windfall for insurance company's, and although it did help people get insured, its corporatism not Marxism. If he were a Marxist he would have outlawed insurance company's and made them public. Then he would have outlawed corporations and made some things public (like food, healthcare, schools, and other things everybody needs) and the rest cooperatively owned. Marxism and socialism means you want the people to control the means of production, not private entity's.

    Do you even know what a Marxist or socialist is? Apparently not...

    The Islamofascists in Iran will have nuclear weapons very soon now.
    Well IF they do l, that's all bushes fault. Bush turned down a deal from them where they would have opened their borders to inspectors and discontinued their nuclear programs except for power distribution. So again, that's on bush 100%

    Furthermore even if they did make a nuke (which I highly doubt they will) they certainly will not be able to make a intercontinental missile or delivery system. So that's really not concerning to us at home anyway...

    Wtf is a islamofascist? Making up words now? Who has English as a second language?

    FYI fascism is akin to corporatism. Socialism/marxism are polar opposites fascism.

    The Caliphate grows in Syria and Iraq. Thanks Obama.
    wow I see you have no idea what your talking about.

    Assad is still in control of Syria. He is Christian.

    The Muslims can't even agree on who the caliphate is, they actually have been fighting over it since Muhammad's death. That's what the whole Sunni v shia thing is about. Its a argument about who should take control since Muhammad died!

    They have been arguing about this for like 1500 years now! Their are multiple people that call themselves caliphate, that all fight with each other!

    Furthermore the caliphate is something like the pope. Its a religious leader and his followers. Saying "the caliphate is growing" in negative context is just putting your xenophobia on display...

    Which caliphate?!?!

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •