Page 97 of 276 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 970 of 2756

Thread: No Indictment in Chokehold Death [W:1903,2680]

  1. #961
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,451

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Yes you can, its a crime.


    Please cite the penal code referencing resistance to an illegal detainment is a crime.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #962
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    You pretty much would have to sell to the grand jury that the officers knew this man wasn't guilty of anything but they took him down and arrested him anyway. To me, that's a reach.
    I don't have to sell them anything. It's allegedly - he was never tried or convicted of any crime because he died.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  3. #963
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,451

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Troubles me that one there is a law against selling individual cigs. But two, he there is that law and he broke in many times.
    Dude was not a saint and was well known to the police. Never ends well for anyone.


    Please cite the particular law making it illegal to sell indiviudal cigarettes.



    You all have failed at showing his 31 convictions, so I won't be voluntarily holding my breath,.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #964
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Shoooooooooore...right. So...you should be sure to encourage people you care about to resist arrest. And post the video.
    I see you don't have an argument. The police of an legal exception to assault people, but if their action falls outside of that exception then you can't make the argument their action was in fact legal. I'm sorry that your argument failed, but that is what happens when your argument is wrong.

  5. #965
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,019

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Red-handed doing what? he had a single pack of cigarettes in his pocket. He wasn't caught doing ****.
    The thing is that people are acting as if selling somebody cigarettes is really a crime worthy of arrest. Why not a fine? A stern talking to? I don't know, maybe asking him to hand over the cigarettes? There are about 10 different options a cop could have exercised before deciding this guy needed to be arrested for the horrible crime of selling smokes.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #966
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,855

    Re: NYPD officer in Eric Garner chokehold death not indicted by Staten Island grand j

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Who the **** cares if the guy that made the video is a criminal? Does that somehow change what is in the video somehow? A possessing a weapon illegally is hardly something I give two ****s about.
    As I stated earlier, it is relevant as it shows the reason why there is such a presence of law enforcement in the area. They are not there to harass black people as some like Holder, Obama, and Sharpton claim. They are there because of the volume of criminal activity taking place in that neighborhood.

  7. #967
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,654

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Yes, just take it and hope justice is served. We should tell that to all assault victims. Don't fight back, just let them assault you and fight it later in court. Maybe you should review the definition of assault and tell me exactly how this wasn't assault. Go ahead, tell me how the definition of assault doesn't apply to everything that happened here. It should fun reading that pile of bull****. I imagine you will say, but this was lawful, but oh dear, you see, they didn't have probable cause and they did in fact attack and kill the man. You fail.
    That's just silly. It's not "assault" if you're actively resisting arrest or impeding an official police investigation.

  8. #968
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,878

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Now this is the new thing I guess.

    CNN Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

    These cases - Trayvon, Ferguson, NYC - aren't about race. I know that's the agenda, but that's not what they're about. It's about confrontation between police and uncooperative citizens, and how these situations are handled.

    And anyone here would be uncomfortable if a guy kept walking back and forth in front of your house and staring at you with his hands in his pockets. Of course they called the police, and of course the policeman pulled over on the call to investigate the situation. It wouldn't matter the race of the guy scoping you out in front of your house. You'd want it looked into, as would I.

    Now it's going to be the new thing to set up police officers like this. The end result is nobody is going to want to join the police force anymore. Then what?
    Trayvon had nothing to do with police.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #969
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,019

    Re: NYPD officer in Eric Garner chokehold death not indicted by Staten Island grand j

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    As I stated earlier, it is relevant as it shows the reason why there is such a presence of law enforcement in the area. They are not there to harass black people as some like Holder, Obama, and Sharpton claim. They are there because of the volume of criminal activity taking place in that neighborhood.
    Obama claimed police are in the community to harass people? Holder claimed that? Please show links! I'll wait.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #970
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,529

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    It is at this point I'd like to point out that the black cop who killed the white young man in Utah also got away without any charges.

    So before you make it a racial thing, no, it isn't.
    No, it's more of a police state thing.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •