Page 91 of 276 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 910 of 2756

Thread: No Indictment in Chokehold Death [W:1903,2680]

  1. #901
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Never had any of my arrests questioned.
    Oh, so now you're a ****ing cop? Well, that explains a lot.

  2. #902
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,903

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    The criminal record of the person who filmed Garner's death is 100% irrelevant to the question of whether the NYPD used excessive force. Unless he is Magneto and his criminal powers include being able to rearrange video so things are portrayed that didn't ****ing happen, Orta's past and future criminality has no bearing on anything. Guilt by association is a fallacious argument.
    Yes it is very relevant. We have Attorney General Eric Holder, Obama and race hustler Al Sharpton who apparently is an advisor to Obama on race related issues, in just a matter of weeks have gone after two Grand Jury decisions as being unjust. They have put a cloud of suspicion over the prosecutors in both cases. They have gone after the cops making claims that white police officers are racists and profilers chipping away at our judicial process.

    Obama, Holder, Sharpton and others had a meeting at the White House over Ferguson and Staten Island and they came up with a list of things officers needed to change. Not once was there mentioned what could be done in these high crime areas to change the behavior. Not once did they address the high unemployment rate among blacks or the 70% of black babies that are born into fatherless families and poverty. They did not address the reason there is a noticeable presence of cops in these neighborhoods is directly due to the large volume of criminal activity in these areas. Instead, the "Three Amigos" Holder, Obama, and Sharpton are making it about race and harassment not holding those who break the law to accountability.

    Though some claim a Grand Jury can indict a ham sandwich, that isn't true. There is a threshold that has to be met in order to indict an individual of the crime he/she is being accused. And if it is sent on to trial, the burden of proof becomes much greater. If a Grand Jury can't indict, then there is no way a court of law could convict. The video clearly shows the officer using a maneuver the NYPD banned. The Grand Jury was given the task to determine if that was enough evidence to indict the officer of the charges leveled against him. After weighing all the evidence, they found it did not. Evidence you nor any of us are privy to. And as mentioned previously, the officer was stripped of his gun and badge over the incident.

    Quite frankly the frenzy over race being instigated by Holder, Obama and Sharpton has led to this lynch mob mentality toward cops and law enforcement. ( especially white cops). And nothing good will come from it.
    Last edited by vesper; 12-04-14 at 12:18 PM.

  3. #903
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,693

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I agree - my point is that I'd rather have a court and a jury, hearing all evidence, determine if they believe the form of arrest was warranted in this case and if not then the officer's contribution to the eventual death would be penalized accordingly. Such a jury would be able to weigh both sides of the argument, in public view, rather than in secret, and it would better serve justice in the eyes of the community.
    What, exactly, are you referring to as "the form of arrest"? It is typical in any arrest that the suspect is handcuffed and takien in for booking. This man had been arrested about 30 times before and was quite "tired of it" and decided to resist. What "other side" of cuffing a suspect placed under arrest is there? Should police simply let folks, that choose to resist arrest, go on their merry way?
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #904
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,729

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Still trying? Homicide means the death of one person was caused by another in every definition posted. I wanted you to post that fact which is why I let you think that I was only relying on the legal definition. So with that said, what homicide means is that the police caused his death. You spent 2+ pages trying to argue that this guy's fatness and illness was to blame. If that had been the case, the coroner's report wouldn't have pointed out his death was a homicide. It also doesn't mean he died from an asthma attack and being fat. Do you have anything you'd like to add?
    What was his actual cause of death? (no...not 'homicide'...what was the condition whereby he ceased to have cardiovascular function)

    The simple fact is that the individual died because he resisted arrest and his morbid obesity and overall miserable health condition could not cash the check his decision wrote. He resisted arrest. He was taken down. He died. What was the cause? If you say 'homicide' it shows how completely inane your argument is. Did he die from being choked to death? Did he die from being beaten to death? Did he die from the officer secretly applying the 5 points of deadly contact? What was the physiological cause of death?

  5. #905
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    Oh, so now you're a ****ing cop? Well, that explains a lot.
    Not now, but previously. And I have been critical of many police actions on here. So 'splains nothing to you.

  6. #906
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,401

    Re: NYPD officer in Eric Garner chokehold death not indicted by Staten Island grand j

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Not a choke hold. One frame of vid is not proof of a choke hold. But hey, you try the job on for size and see how your attitude changes about the poor misunderstood people.
    That is true, policemen's attitude is the culprit here. They know full well they can get away with murder so it is not a worry for them. When was the last time police have been indicted for killing a perp?

    Though Americans commonly believe law enforcement’s role in society is to protect them and ensure peace and stability within the community, the sad reality is that police departments are often more focused on enforcing laws, making arrests and issuing citations. As a result of this as well as an increase in militarized policing techniques, Americans are eight times more likely to be killed by a police officer than by a terrorist, estimates a Washington’s Blog report based on official statistical data.Though the U.S. government does not have a database collecting information about the total number of police involved shootings each year, it’s estimated that between 500 and 1,000 Americans are killed by police officers each year. Since 9/11, about 5,000 Americans have been killed by U.S. police officers, which is almost equivalent to the number of U.S. soldiers who have been killed in the line of duty in Iraq.
    US Police Have Killed Over 5,000 Civilians Since 9/11

  7. #907
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: NYPD officer in Eric Garner chokehold death not indicted by Staten Island grand j

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You're right, a government agency was conducting a legal action and you stood against it because accountability shouldn't be expected of someone claiming nonsensical ancestral rights. Again, more inconsistency.
    So, because I have a different view of each situation you see an issue? Hmm.

  8. #908
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    Utah has a young black male shortage.
    Is that supposed to be witty?

    The problem in the USA is the 0-tolerance fiasco that's been going on for some time now.
    You see in the news about your schools where a kid playing with a toy gun (from a toy) gets detention and is treated like a criminal and has to sign a document attesting that he understands the difference between a toy and a gun. It's insane.
    Anyway, I'm assuming that such a mentality is pervasive in many police stations.

    0 tolerance makes thinking obsolete because everything is treated as either one thing or another.

    The USA has a problem with this 0 tolerance in general and it's spilling over into europe. 0 tolerance in this and that, and many areas of life. And this mentality is because of perverse and pervasive leftist thinking, aka "progressives". they're the ones who push this sort of mentality.

  9. #909
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    This BS smells worse than your usual.
    Your usual way of deflecting.

  10. #910
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Not now, but previously. And I have been critical of many police actions on here. So 'splains nothing to you.
    It takes a long time to get the stench of pig off, some former police officers are never able to completely escape the scent.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •