Page 77 of 276 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 770 of 2756

Thread: No Indictment in Chokehold Death [W:1903,2680]

  1. #761
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,582

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by CMPancake View Post
    Then I will concede you have more personal experience in the field than I do. I'm a few months away from earning my white belt.
    Keep at it, it gets really fun at blue belt. make sure your school promotes based on ability, not time in grade.


    The trachea can still be compressed by a forearm if given enough force. Not as effectively if the elbow is properly placed but still possible none the less. With the position the officer is in and with his right hand locked in he has more than enough pressure to compress the trachea.
    Nope, I'd never tap on that hold. where his elbow creases is, his trach has space. also without hooks in, he's got no leverage.

    If the intent was to disable Garner there were other options than going for his neck. It was sloppy but it is apparent to me that Garner was being choked by the officer.
    I agree. but I see no reason why garner needed to be "disabled" at that point in the video.

    Upon further review, I think you might be right. However it also looks like the grey shirt is pulling out of the hold? I could be wrong and it is a bad picture to use as an example.

    yes, grey shirt is attempting the classic escape from the back.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #762
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,582

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    It comes down to perception, people tend to side who they identify with. In a case like this, right wingers side with the cops because the police are going after black criminal because he's "breaking the law" If law enforcement is going after a white cowboy hat wearing rancher for breaking the law, they side with the rancher because law enforcement is "unjustly harassing" him.


    Even al Sharpton said this isn't about race. perhaps you can join him in not using the black man as a bat against your white devils
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #763
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,045

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    There are indeed abuse instances that are recorded and demand action. Concurrent with this thread there is a thread on a police action in Colorado which I believe is CLEARLY abusive. In that video the officer is seen striking the man suspected of selling heroin 6 times in the face and slamming his head into the ground. His 'reason' is he was trying to prevent him from swallowing a sock full of heroin. The violence in that case was clearly not warranted. Point being...just because some cases are abusive doesnt make all cases abusive.

    In the Garner case, the officers had made the decision to arrest him. Stop. No need to proceed with the argument. Once a law enforcement officer has made the decision to arrest you, you are going to be arrested. That doesnt mean you are guilty, doesnt mean you will be convicted, but it DOES mean you are under arrest. The SECOND you decide Oh hell no...I'm not either and move to prevent the arrest you are resisting arrest. Its truly that simply. Garner was not beaten down by a pack of cops with dogs and rubber hoses. He was brought to the ground because he resisted arrest. He didnt die because they beat him to death, he died because he was morbidly obese and had a number of associated health problems. He wasnt choked to death. He wasnt beaten to death. He didnt DESERVE death. He died because he resisted arrest and was physically ill.

    Not every instance is 'abuse'. Not every instance is NOT abuse.
    Yes we know Vancemack, play the game of real vs. fake. It allows you to avoid discussing what everyone saw happened in this video. However, for all your distractions, they don't detract from the fact that this guy was being arrested for allegedly selling a few cigarettes. Spare me your support for other cases you feel people were really abused. I don't honestly give much of a **** about your ever changing standards for when black men should be and shouldn't be attacked. I'm surprised you haven't brought up a Malcolm X quote about Democrats or complained about how people aren't discussing black on black violence. It must be because this guy was seen by cops breaking up a fight or you would have jumped on that strategy. Now all you have is the fake vs. real game and I'm really not interested in discussing whether someone should be violently brought down for the terrible crime of being angry that police harass him.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #764
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,582

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    There are indeed abuse instances that are recorded and demand action. Concurrent with this thread there is a thread on a police action in Colorado which I believe is CLEARLY abusive. In that video the officer is seen striking the man suspected of selling heroin 6 times in the face and slamming his head into the ground. His 'reason' is he was trying to prevent him from swallowing a sock full of heroin. The violence in that case was clearly not warranted. Point being...just because some cases are abusive doesnt make all cases abusive.

    In the Garner case, the officers had made the decision to arrest him. Stop. No need to proceed with the argument. Once a law enforcement officer has made the decision to arrest you, you are going to be arrested. That doesnt mean you are guilty, doesnt mean you will be convicted, but it DOES mean you are under arrest. The SECOND you decide Oh hell no...I'm not either and move to prevent the arrest you are resisting arrest. Its truly that simply. Garner was not beaten down by a pack of cops with dogs and rubber hoses. He was brought to the ground because he resisted arrest. He didnt die because they beat him to death, he died because he was morbidly obese and had a number of associated health problems. He wasnt choked to death. He wasnt beaten to death. He didnt DESERVE death. He died because he resisted arrest and was physically ill.

    Not every instance is 'abuse'. Not every instance is NOT abuse.


    Was it arrest or detainment.


    I agree with your sentiment, that nor every case is abuse. brown wasn't, this was.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #765
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,582

    Re: NYPD officer in Eric Garner chokehold death not indicted by Staten Island grand j

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    If you are ever involved in an altercation, even as a "peacemaker". And the cops roll up, the first guy that is a problem. Gets hooked up. Period, and if you resist. You get full attention.
    Be cool, and you will probably get cut loose right then and there.



    again, cops were the aggressors, he wasn't the guy with the problem, he was just standing there.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #766
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Even al Sharpton said this isn't about race. perhaps you can join him in not using the black man as a bat against your white devils
    Yeah, whatever. Do you really believe he means it?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  7. #767
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,582

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    the high tax absolutely discourages smoking
    it does not end it
    but that vice/luxury tax is certainly something which serves as a disincentive to existing and prospective smokers

    and just as i fill up in the next state (12 miles away) to save 30c a gallon, those in new york seek out 'discounted' cigarettes, buying them where they were not taxed so significantly (but where gas taxes are among the highest)


    When I lived in Saddle River, the gas stations would line up with NY interlopers on weekends, hell they even drove thier kids into our neighborhood on halloween for trick or treating, (which I never got)
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #768
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,285

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    A bit of exaggeration maybe?
    I don't think so. By the police officers negligent actions, actions possibly against NYPD rules, the man died.

    That's manslaughter or more.

  9. #769
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,582

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Yeah, whatever. Do you really believe he means it?


    it's a shocking statement from the clown, actually.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #770
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,285

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by JumpinJack View Post
    I gotta say I'm surprised by no indictment on this one. This seemed to me definitely out of order. The guy was merely selling ciggies without tax, and although he resisted arrest, he obviously is not a healthy person (obese, breathing heavily), and put him in a chokehold, and the guy says he can't breathe. Oh, my. I find this incident disturbing.
    I think he was also asthmatic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •