Page 64 of 276 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 640 of 2756

Thread: No Indictment in Chokehold Death [W:1903,2680]

  1. #631
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,692

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    The chock hold continues, another man put most his body weight pressing his head against the concrete
    Thats fascinating. Please tell us how the same guy that applied the hold to take the man down was simultaneously pressing his head against the concrete. (whaaaaaaaaat? Oops...its the SAME GUY.....)

  2. #632
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,692

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I wasn't the one talking big. Maybe you should review your own posts dude.
    SURE you werent.

  3. #633
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,895

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    You want to justify the killing of someone over something so freaking petty.

    You are using obesity as your cognitive dissonance. You are the one blood dancing here and praising the actions of an overactive police using deadly force for a silly thing that should be no more than a summons.

    Sounds like you are the one licking the jackboots.
    Yet Misterveritis dares brand those who disagree with him "statists."
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #634
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,895

    Re: NYPD officer in Eric Garner chokehold death not indicted by Staten Island grand j

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    What you are saying is that emotion trumps logic.

    EVeryone "feels" that something wrong occurred. So, therefore it must have.

    But the grand jury who reviewed the evidence for a crime found there to be insufficient evidence to charge anyone with a crime. And that is justice.

    To deny that is to invite tyrants into our homes.
    To say that a grand jury reached an erroneous decision that seems to fly in the face of available evidence is to "invite tyranny into our homes"?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  5. #635
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    SURE you werent.
    Lets review.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You need to understand that to some people it's the law and you have to do what the law says is a very powerful argument. Therefore, if the law says you did something wrong and you don't act like a submissive little sheep you're being out of line and force is called for to get you to behave. It's the circle of logic that is necessary to really believe in any of this stuff really and it's one of the reasons I no longer do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You're not impressing me right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Not even remotely trying to impress you. Hell...you were the one spewing your mock bravado. I want you to make sure if you ever are in a situation where you are going to resist arrest, please make sure you have someone film it and post it for us...okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Being part of a gang that is assaulting someone doesn't make you a man. It makes you a thug and an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Alrighty then.

    But hey...I'm serious about that video thing, OK?
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Just call your gang of idiots. Aren't you buddies with them? Oh right, only prison guards that rape dudes are you buddies with. Well, don't call those guys. I just want physically assaulted. Keep your sexual assault prison guard buddies in prison, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post


    Thats hilarious!
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    It's your story dude. I'm just reporting on who your buddies are.

    And yes, it was supposed to be humorous.
    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I do indeed know prison guards. And cops. Its cute you think they are rapists. Or maybe thats where your fantasy mind goes. Either way...just be sure when you exercise your false bravado and resist arrest that someone is filming it. And who knows...maybe hif someone slips you the nightstick, you will have something extra for your private film stash.

    Oh...listen...I know this is all just crazy talk. At the end of the day, I highly doubt you are subject to being arrested any time soon (which is why you can talk BIG ****) and if you were arrested you would go along mewling about your 'rights' but you would go along quietly just the same because while you talk a good game...you arent stupid. We both know that. SO...can we dispense with the tough talk and all the other assorted bull****?

    How many times did you say the cops should assault me for resisting arrest and that I should get this assault on video?

    Again, big boy, joining a gang and assaulting someone doesn't make you a man.
    Last edited by Henrin; 12-04-14 at 04:17 AM.

  6. #636
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,895

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    You know what, I learned something today. I didn't know that resisting arrest under some circumstances and in some states is legal, but upon looking it up, it seems that's the case.

    Reading more about it, though, I also learned that an arrest made in error is not unlawful if the officer's belief that the arrest was lawful was reasonable.

    In this case, the arrest was reasonable, because the man was breaking the law by selling contraband cigarettes.
    He wasn't selling contraband cigarettes at the time of the incident. He had numerous prior arrests/citations for that "crime," but that's not what he was doing when the cops confronted him at that moment.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #637
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,139

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Looking at the video it does look like the cops were in the wrong.

    I'm not going to go through 635+ posts but has anyone pointed out that if this man was being apprehended for not rendering on to Caesar?

    Was killed because Uncle Sam wasn't getting his cut?

    That's what it has come to?

    Really?

    This one people got a reason to kvetch...
    "Oh no no no, you got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. -- Sheriff Chris Mannix

  8. #638
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,895

    No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    It's not "thug stuff" it's reality and pertinent in discerning the truth. And yes Garner resisted arrest. What do you call a person who has been arrested 30 times? St. Francis of Assisi? A "gentle giant"? This guy was no stranger to the cops.
    Garner was arguing with the cops who were there to arrest him after he got busted for selling untaxed (black market) cigarettes by an undercover cop. A crime he was currently on bail awaiting trial, along with driving without a licence, possession of drugs, and false personation. He was in no way co-operating with the police.

    The one that created this video and added all the "commentary" was his friend Ramsey Orta who also has a rap sheet including a couple of felonies. According to court records he was due in court on robbery charges stemming from a May arrest and an assault charge from an arrest that occurred three days prior of him filming this video. A few weeks after the death of Garner he was spotted in a drug prone district under surveillance by undercover cops. He was in possession of a gun. Felons aren't allowed to have guns and he got arrested again. Why is this important? Neither Ramsey Orta nor Garner were/are law abiding citizens. The police had a reason for being there that day. It's not due to racial profiling or mistreating another over the color of their skin. They were there because of criminal activity.
    The criminal record of the person who filmed Garner's death is 100% irrelevant to the question of whether the NYPD used excessive force. Unless he is Magneto and his criminal powers include being able to rearrange video so things are portrayed that didn't ****ing happen, Orta's past and future criminality has no bearing on anything. Guilt by association is a fallacious argument.
    Last edited by Kobie; 12-04-14 at 04:27 AM.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #639
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: NYPD officer in Eric Garner chokehold death not indicted by Staten Island grand j

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post

    Thats pathetic. Why was he on the ground?

    If the offense he was being charged with was a ticket offense, fine...happy days. Was it? If not, then is your problem with the cop or with the people that write the statutes cops enforce?

    "Hatred"

    Like I said....pathetic.
    So I win.

    He was on the ground because he was violently attacked from behind with a chock hold and 2 more men joined in to throw him to the concrete - where upon one of those put his body weight on his back while another shoved his head against the concrete, the initially attacker still with the chock hold.

    Police always have discretion of whether or not to arrest someone if they are who initiate the possible legal action.

  10. #640
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    Looking at the video it does look like the cops were in the wrong.

    I'm not going to go through 635+ posts but has anyone pointed out that if this man was being apprehended for not rendering on to Caesar?

    Was killed because Uncle Sam wasn't getting his cut?

    That's what it has come to?

    Really?

    This one people got a reason to kvetch...
    The government's cut on a single cigarette in NYC is 29 cents. However, if the cigarettes he was selling he had bought the pack for legitimately, the government had it's cut - so really it was then the offense of street peddling without a permit.

    And it wasn't that the police saw him selling a cigarette. One the officers said some unnamed person who hadn't signed anything up the way said he/she saw him sell a cigarette to someone - also unknown. So they were taking him to jail because one officer said someone somewhere told a police officer he had sold a cigarette without a peddler's permit.

    That's how it works you know. The police pull you over and write you a speeding ticket, explaining to you some unnamed person up the road told the officer he saw you speeding.

    This was wrong from the start, and the father of 6 knew exactly what this was, deliberate police harassment of him for whatever reason.
    Last edited by joko104; 12-04-14 at 04:37 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •