Page 61 of 276 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 2756

Thread: No Indictment in Chokehold Death [W:1903,2680]

  1. #601
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,674

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You need to understand that to some people it's the law and you have to do what the law says is a very powerful argument. Therefore, if the law says you did something wrong and you don't act like a submissive little sheep you're being out of line and force is called for to get you to behave. It's the circle of logic that is necessary to really believe in any of this stuff really and it's one of the reasons I no longer do.
    If a cop is in the process of arresting you...feel free to choose to decline to comply with his guidance and direction. God bless America.

  2. #602
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,008

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Dood, get real.

    He is dead because he was unhealthy as hell, resisted arrest, and had a heart attack. You claim he wasnt resisting arrest. WTF? In the same paragraph you state he was arguing that there was no reason for the arrest and he didnt like people grabbing his arms. You then later say besides..I dont care if he was resisting. What the hell do you think they were doing grabbing his arms if not attempting to arrest. NOT resisting arrest would be, OK...fine, hands behind my back, book me, and I'll beat your trumped up charges. He DID resist arrest and a cop grabbed him from behind. In 8 seconds he was on the ground and the officer that took him down was no longer choking him but was on his shoulders holding him down.

    Tell me what you think the cops options are in that situation. They saw what they believed to be a criminal offense...selling unlicensed cigarettes, something he was found guilty of in the past. He didnt want to be arrested. Now what? Cops just walk away saying "ok....dangit!" Next time they pull over someone under suspicion of DUI should they just not arrest the guy if the guy says I dont want to be arrested!?

    I dont know if he was guilty of the crime or not. I do know that when you have a system of laws and a society that requires 'order', then when law enforcement officials make the decision to arrest you, you dont get to say 'no' and walk away.
    Well you definitely dont choke the guy who never once tried to hurt you. Not even for 1 second.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  3. #603
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,008

    Re: NYPD officer in Eric Garner chokehold death not indicted by Staten Island grand j

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    The same person that grabbed him from behind is the same person that moved to his shoulders and held his head down 8 seconds after he hit the ground. The entire time he was saying "I CANT BREATHE! I CANT BREATHE!" guess what he was doing. BREATHING. He was overweight, out of shape, and had asthma. He wasnt being choked out. He died because he over exerted himself resisting arrest, hence the factors acute and chronic bronchial asthma, obesity and hypertensive cardiovascular disease

    I feel bad that he is dead. I feel bad for his family. I really dont know what you and people like you expect law enforcement to do in situations where people are clearly and obviously resisting arrest. He wasnt beaten. He wasnt tazed. They didnt try to attack joints to take him down. No one intended to hurt or harm him. If he werent 400 pounds and a cheeseburger away from a heart attack, he wouldnt be dead today.
    What do you expect him to say? "I'm sorry officer but the blood you just denied my brain has got me in a state of shock and it just so happens that Im having trouble drawing breath. I seem to have a tax upon my respiratory and circulatory system which is endangering my life. If you could please ask all these fine gentleman to get off me perhaps my body will funcion in a more livable manner"
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  4. #604
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,674

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Well you definitely dont choke the guy who never once tried to hurt you. Not even for 1 second.
    Great. Now tell me what you do.

  5. #605
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: NYPD officer in Eric Garner chokehold death not indicted by Staten Island grand j

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    The same person that grabbed him from behind is the same person that moved to his shoulders and held his head down 8 seconds after he hit the ground. The entire time he was saying "I CANT BREATHE! I CANT BREATHE!" guess what he was doing. BREATHING. He was overweight, out of shape, and had asthma. He wasnt being choked out. He died because he over exerted himself resisting arrest, hence the factors acute and chronic bronchial asthma, obesity and hypertensive cardiovascular disease

    I feel bad that he is dead. I feel bad for his family. I really dont know what you and people like you expect law enforcement to do in situations where people are clearly and obviously resisting arrest. He wasnt beaten. He wasnt tazed. They didnt try to attack joints to take him down. No one intended to hurt or harm him. If he werent 400 pounds and a cheeseburger away from a heart attack, he wouldnt be dead today.
    Really? How was he resisting when he was on the ground?

    I suppose one thing the officers could have done is told him that he should turn around and put his hands behind his back because they were arresting him and spent a few more minutes talking to him. Apparently 31 times before he had been taken in - and not one instance of assaulting an officer or resisting arrest.

    Given he was poising no threat of violence nor any attempt to escape, there is no justification for jumping up on his back by surprise from behind with a choke hold. And with that OUTRAGEOUS action - the other officers went on the attack too.

    What do I think the officers should have done? OK, get ready for this. It's very complex...

    WROTE HIM A TICKET. Wished him a good day. And walked away. If not a ticket offense, take his name and address, his ID number, given him a case number, and then have a summons sent to him to appear in court.

    The hatred of people who are overweight on this thread is stunning.
    Last edited by joko104; 12-04-14 at 03:44 AM.

  6. #606
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,674

    Re: NYPD officer in Eric Garner chokehold death not indicted by Staten Island grand j

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    What do you expect him to say? "I'm sorry officer but the blood you just denied my brain has got me in a state of shock and it just so happens that Im having trouble drawing breath. I seem to have a tax upon my respiratory and circulatory system which is endangering my life. If you could please ask all these fine gentleman to get off me perhaps my body will funcion in a more livable manner"
    You know what you cant do when you are being choked? Shout "I cant breathe! I cant breathe!"

    He wasnt being choked. He may have been in cardiac arrest because of his lack of conditioning and physical exertion but he wasnt being choked.

    You know how NONE of this happens? He doesnt resist arrest. I know you dont like to hear it, but when a cop has observed what they believe to be a criminal act that warrants arrest, you are going to be arrested.

  7. #607
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    If a cop is in the process of arresting you...feel free to choose to decline to comply with his guidance and direction. God bless America.
    You're not impressing me right now.

  8. #608
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,674

    Re: NYPD officer in Eric Garner chokehold death not indicted by Staten Island grand j

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Really? How was he resisting when he was on the ground?

    I suppose one thing the officers could have done is told him that he should turn around and put his hands behind his back because they were arresting him and spent a few more minutes talking to him. Apparently 31 times before he had been taken in - and not one instance of assaulting an officer or resisting arrest.

    Given he was poising no threat of violence nor any attempt to escape, there is no justification for jumping up on his back from behind with a choke hold. And with that OUTRAGEOUS action - the other officers went on the attack too.

    I never resisted anything by police - ever - but one time an officer among a group of officers shoved me by surprise from behind. It was a half a second of my realizing from the startle it was an officer that kept him from having a broken wrist and collar bone. The officer was testing me - and my instant violent response was way he (the senior officer) decided my account of what happened was true. But that's another matter.

    What do I think the officers should have done? OK, get ready for this. It's very complex...

    WROTE HIM A TICKET. Wished him a good day. And walked away.

    The hatred of people who are overweight on this thread is stunning.


    Thats pathetic. Why was he on the ground?

    If the offense he was being charged with was a ticket offense, fine...happy days. Was it? If not, then is your problem with the cop or with the people that write the statutes cops enforce?

    "Hatred"

    Like I said....pathetic.

  9. #609
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,674

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You're not impressing me right now.
    Not even remotely trying to impress you. Hell...you were the one spewing your mock bravado. I want you to make sure if you ever are in a situation where you are going to resist arrest, please make sure you have someone film it and post it for us...okay?

  10. #610
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,008

    Re: NYPD officer in Eric Garner chokehold death not indicted by Staten Island grand j

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    You know what you cant do when you are being choked? Shout "I cant breathe! I cant breathe!"

    He wasnt being choked. He may have been in cardiac arrest because of his lack of conditioning and physical exertion but he wasnt being choked.

    You know how NONE of this happens? He doesnt resist arrest. I know you dont like to hear it, but when a cop has observed what they believe to be a criminal act that warrants arrest, you are going to be arrested.
    Actually it is possible to still use your vocal cords if someone is applying a blood constricting choke. But the fact that the cop choked him is undeniable. Its very clear because his arm was around his neck and squeezing.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •