Page 270 of 276 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 2756

Thread: No Indictment in Chokehold Death [W:1903,2680]

  1. #2691
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Murder charges involve intent. Good luck showing that they intended to kill him.
    Involuntary manslaughter is a murder charge and does not require intent.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  2. #2692
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,119

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Involuntary manslaughter is a murder charge and does not require intent.
    It isn't the same charge as Murder.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  3. #2693
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    It isn't the same charge as Murder.
    Murder (United States law) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Either way, I think you're splitting hairs. I'm sure the OP would be fine with involuntary manslaughter.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  4. #2694
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Juanita View Post
    I think that anyone in that position would instinctively pull away and that should be taken into consideration.
    And that "anyone" would be resisting arrest. But I don't agree with your supposition.

  5. #2695
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-27-15 @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,191

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    So now its about tattooed guys.

    No. It's about the fact that a group of "Gang-Esq" looking tattooed up cops who look like on their off hours they beat little people at bars with their blubbery arms and bellies piled on a morbidly obese guy, from the looks of it for pseudo legitimate reasons, the guy clearly refused to obey police orders, that said, from a clean cut persons perspective I'm just saying it looks pretty damn bad.

    It reeks of "Tattooed up goon squad of good 'ol boys kill fat petty black criminal guy". It just looks bad is all.

  6. #2696
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan5 View Post
    No. It's about the fact that a group of "Gang-Esq" looking tattooed up cops who look like on their off hours they beat little people at bars with their blubbery arms and bellies piled on a morbidly obese guy, from the looks of it for pseudo legitimate reasons, the guy clearly refused to obey police orders, that said, from a clean cut persons perspective I'm just saying it looks pretty damn bad.

    It reeks of "Tattooed up goon squad of good 'ol boys kill fat petty black criminal guy". It just looks bad is all.
    Seeing as I live in the land of "good ole boys" I can attest that most are not heavily tatted.
    So you are "clean cut", whooppie. Means nothing because I couldn't care less what you think of tattooed people.
    He was also a many time arrested individual, meaning he knew the drill. He knew the dangers of pushing back and resisting.
    I have no sympathy.

  7. #2697
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-27-15 @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,191

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Seeing as I live in the land of "good ole boys" I can attest that most are not heavily tatted.
    So you are "clean cut", whooppie. Means nothing because I couldn't care less what you think of tattooed people.
    He was also a many time arrested individual, meaning he knew the drill. He knew the dangers of pushing back and resisting.
    I have no sympathy.
    I'm just saying, when the "Cops" look more "Gang-Esq" via tattoos than the bad guy in question, that can't be a good thing for the justice system in this country.

  8. #2698
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan5 View Post
    I'm just saying, when the "Cops" look more "Gang-Esq" via tattoos than the bad guy in question, that can't be a good thing for the justice system in this country.
    Aint the 50s Mayberry any more.

  9. #2699
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-27-15 @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,191

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Aint the 50s Mayberry any more.

    I don't think it's that big of a deal either. All cops are or have ever been are basically the guys that beat people at bars on their off hours. Everyone knows that cops are full of testosterone and probably would be out fighting if it wasn't for them being a cop instead. So no. It's not surprising that the cops are all tattooed up. Many cops are. That's fundamentally why these killings will never stop. The people who become cops are a pretty unstable crowd to begin with and aren't generally your 9-5 guy.

  10. #2700
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan5 View Post
    I don't think it's that big of a deal either. All cops are or have ever been are basically the guys that beat people at bars on their off hours. Everyone knows that cops are full of testosterone and probably would be out fighting if it wasn't for them being a cop instead. So no. It's not surprising that the cops are all tattooed up. Many cops are. That's fundamentally why these killings will never stop. The people who become cops are a pretty unstable crowd to begin with and aren't generally your 9-5 guy.
    Your cop hate runethover. I know more people that are not cops that are vicious bar fighters.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •