Page 265 of 276 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 2756

Thread: No Indictment in Chokehold Death [W:1903,2680]

  1. #2641
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    C'man tres, your entire response here has been based on nothing more than a belief that the police are justified if a person breaks the law. It doesn't matter what those laws are. That you're now going to try and play the "nuh-uh" card doesn't help you. You spent 4-5 posts avoiding the possibility that your kids could ever break laws, then you decided that you had a crystal ball and they wouldn't ever break the law, then when you finally worked up the courage, you stated you wouldn't have a problem with them being arrested for breaking any laws (no matter how stupid: see. lemonade, seaweed). Your authoritarianism was put on full display and you didn't even realize it. I realized you weren't much of a libertarian after you refused to concede that the militarization of police departments is part of the big government (even though they're largely funded by the federal government and full under the control of the state's executive branch). Then you resorted to the response given to libertarians when they complain about authoritarianism: Don't like it? Move elsewhere!

    This exchange has been more than I could ask for because you've completely devolved into a raging pro-big government Libertarian.
    Every word you posted here is a lie and I can't believe I'm actually posting to you. But to point out more lies from you:

    Show me one post where I avoided the possibility of my kids breaking a law.
    Show me one post where I said my kids would never break a law.

    Hint - you can't, because I never made them. How many times are you going to post lies about things I never said?

    Your trolling posts are getting under my skin, which I'm sure is the point. I don't care what your opinions on Libertarians are, and Libertarians aren't the point of this thread anyway. You keep bringing them up as if they have anything to do with Eric Garner. They don't.

    You hate the police. Yes, that's obvious. Don't drag me into it. I don't hate the police. I have a far greater chance of being raped and murdered by some thug in the bad parts of Lawrence, MA than I do of dying at the hands of a policeman while not breaking any laws. So get your wife or your friends to share your fear of the police. I won't.

    This is the last time I'll acknowledge another of your lying posts here, since you can't produce the requested posts about my kids given that I never made them. So you can have the last word here . For some reason I threaten you and you feel you have to lie to either get my attention, or save your own face since I've made more than a few posts pointing out your lying posts.

    Have a lovely and hopefully police free day.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  2. #2642
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,081

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Every word you posted here is a lie and I can't believe I'm actually posting to you. But to point out more lies from you:

    Show me one post where I avoided the possibility of my kids breaking a law.
    Show me one post where I said my kids would never break a law.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1064072633
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1064072603

    Please stop this. You're becoming predictable. You say things, then backtrack on them.

    Hint - you can't, because I never made them. How many times are you going to post lies about things I never said?

    Your trolling posts are getting under my skin, which I'm sure is the point. I don't care what your opinions on Libertarians are, and Libertarians aren't the point of this thread anyway. You keep bringing them up as if they have anything to do with Eric Garner. They don't.
    Trolling? I showed you why you're an authoritarian and exposed your authoritarian beliefs for all to see. If that gets under your skin, change your label.

    You hate the police.
    Easily proven false, and I don't even need to rely on this thread to do it, here I am defending police action:

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey
    I see this as a no win for the cops. Save the man, people blame you. Let the man die, people blame you. They made the best possible decision by saving at least one life. He can hate them all he wants but they went with the decision that was most
    Want to try this again?

    Yes, that's obvious. Don't drag me into it. I don't hate the police. I have a far greater chance of being raped and murdered by some thug in the bad parts of Lawrence, MA than I do of dying at the hands of a policeman while not breaking any laws. So get your wife or your friends to share your fear of the police. I won't.
    Still making it up as you go?

    This is the last time I'll acknowledge another of your lying posts here, since you can't produce the requested posts about my kids given that I never made them. So you can have the last word here . For some reason I threaten you and you feel you have to lie to either get my attention, or save your own face since I've made more than a few posts pointing out your lying posts.

    Have a lovely and hopefully police free day.
    I just produced them, hell, I even showed you were you stated that your kids wouldn't get in trouble with the police as a response to a hypothetical question about whether you'd support police action in such a case. Are you really engaging in this much bull****ting? C'man tres, you're trying too hard to run away from your words when they're easily posted back. You were asked if you'd support police arresting your kids for violating the law, and then you spent no less than 4 posts avoiding the question and proclaiming that they wouldn't. Then when you finally decided to respond, it was an anemic "Yeah, I'd support it". That's pretty see through and you know it.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 12-09-14 at 08:59 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #2643
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    What was she doing in the worst part of town driving with a suspended license (for whatever reason) in the first place? And you know, the worst places in town are generally the only places that have pay phones these days.

    Sounds more like you need to have a sit down with her about her self-destructive behaviors.
    Going from one side of town from work to home. And her licence was suspended because her debit card was hacked and replaced. Her insurance was paid automatically off the old card. Guess she should be made to walk home because of that and take a chance of rape or worse for that crime against humanity.
    That is the type of cop that needs to be dealt with in the harshest terms. You dont put people in harms way in the middle of the night.
    No reason to not let her get her phone. No reason to not make a call for her. Just a badge happy prick.
    Oh, and seeing as we live here I can attest there are not pay phones on that section of US1 in Melbourne.
    My guess also is that she was not impressed with his shiny badge and gun.
    You can also bet that that POS would be sued had anything happen to her.

  4. #2644
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Going from one side of town from work to home. And her licence was suspended because her debit card was hacked and replaced. Her insurance was paid automatically off the old card. Guess she should be made to walk home because of that and take a chance of rape or worse for that crime against humanity.
    That is the type of cop that needs to be dealt with in the harshest terms. You dont put people in harms way in the middle of the night.
    No reason to not let her get her phone. No reason to not make a call for her. Just a badge happy prick.
    Oh, and seeing as we live here I can attest there are not pay phones on that section of US1 in Melbourne.
    My guess also is that she was not impressed with his shiny badge and gun.
    You can also bet that that POS would be sued had anything happen to her.

    Amazing level of hypocrisy since you brought your family into this.
    SHE WAS BREAKING THE LAW. It was HER job to insure her insurance was current. IN FACT, the insurance WOULD have sent her notice of her insurance lapsing and there is a grace period - UNLESS she also BROKE THE LAW and did not advise of her new address.
    Now we're reading of your apparent insistence that she allow her to CONTINUE TO BREAK THE LAW... and to the possible harm of others - and your implying you want to find the police officer who ENFORCED THE LAW to retaliate.

    So the officer didn't believe her pansy ass lying made up story of "I didn't know my license was suspended."

    It doesn't even work that way. Insurance companies don't advise the license office if insurance runs out UNLESS THE PERSON HAS TO BE FILING AN SR-22 - meaning she was previously breaking the law. What was it? No insurance for some pansy ass excuse that time too? DUI? Even then, she would have been sent a notice from the state - UNLESS SHE ALSO BROKE THE LAW NOT KEEPING HER ACCURATE ADDRESSS ON RECORD. The state doesn't SECRETLY suspend people's driver's license and you know it.

    YET, you cheer the violent chocking and crushing death of Mr. Garner for what? There is no indication that police even saw him breaking any laws. But she was.

    You expect her to be rewarded with a free taxi ride in a police car as a reward for driving on a suspended license and with no insurance?

    I don' believe he wouldn't let her have phone either.

  5. #2645
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Yep, no speeding, no smoking weed, no drinking and driving, no littering, no loitering, no double parking, can you believe the sort of saints we have at DP?
    Amazing.

    It also is amazing anyone would WANT their child arrested for having an illegal lemonaide stand.

    There have been parents who thought they'd teach their children a lesson by calling the police for less than true dangerous situations - and (rare) the result was the police killed the child. Jails aren't exactly the safest place in the world.

    The conviction always on the kid's record. In real terms, that arrest could block that kid from being able to enlist in military service - literally - and would block many types of government and private sector jobs. Have to answer "yes" on any job application under the "ever been arrested/convicted." And never even be allowed an interview to explain. I could block being bonded for other types of employment.

    People get lost in their platitudes - really out in outer space and detached even from themselves.

    How many police there? 8? 10? Yes, highly efficient usage of law enforcement dollars and resources.

    When are police required to arrest anyone? Only if there is a specific court order to arrest a specific person. No law required that officer to arrest anyone.

  6. #2646
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    He resisted.


    That is not resisting. If it is, then "any" action or words by "anyone" confronted by the cops can be construed by the police as resisting arrest and could be killed.

  7. #2647
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1064072633
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1064072603

    Please stop this. You're becoming predictable. You say things, then backtrack on them.



    Trolling? I showed you why you're an authoritarian and exposed your authoritarian beliefs for all to see. If that gets under your skin, change your label.



    Easily proven false, and I don't even need to rely on this thread to do it, here I am defending police action:



    Want to try this again?



    Still making it up as you go?



    I just produced them, hell, I even showed you were you stated that your kids wouldn't get in trouble with the police as a response to a hypothetical question about whether you'd support police action in such a case. Are you really engaging in this much bull****ting? C'man tres, you're trying too hard to run away from your words when they're easily posted back. You were asked if you'd support police arresting your kids for violating the law, and then you spent no less than 4 posts avoiding the question and proclaiming that they wouldn't. Then when you finally decided to respond, it was an anemic "Yeah, I'd support it". That's pretty see through and you know it.
    I have to give you credit. You've cornered the market on idiotic posts.

    Your two links with my posts that supposedly back up your lying post that claimed I said my kids would never ever get arrested?

    Post #1:

    My kids won't get arrested for picking seaweed. You keep asking me a ridiculous question. It isn't going to happen. They don't arrest people in NH for picking up seaweed. They also won't get arrested for walking their unicorns without a leash. I won't get arrested for shooting Brad Pitt while he's wearing my husband's boxer shorts. And I already answered the question about supporting the arrest of my children if they get arrested for breaking a law.


    Post #2:

    My kids won't get arrested for picking up seaweed. My kids would get arrested for selling drugs in school, for breaking into houses, for setting fires to peoples' pets, blowing up our neighbor's house, raping the cheerleaders, murdering the class nerd, and so on. And yup, that's what happens when you break laws.


    I am again wasting my time responding to reading comprehension issues.

    My kids won't get arrested for picking up seaweed in New Hampshire because people don't get arrested for picking up seaweed in New Hampshire.

    My kids would get arrested if they committed crimes for which our police officers arrest people in New Hampshire. I would support the police for arresting my children for these crimes.

    Now go inflict your painfully stupid posts on someone else. I'm tired to educating you. Join an "I hate the police" rally or some other cause that makes you happy.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  8. #2648
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death [W:1903]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You do realize that that is a statement from the police, and if the statement from the coroner's office can be deemed unacceptable because some alleged bias, then the statement representing the people who caused his death is as suspect, correct? You're really not good at this.





    at .38 seconds you see officer D.D. with the web tattoo on his elbow when asked who saw him sheepishly point in a random direction and sheepishly claim "some guy that way" and backing off.


    That was THE ONLY claim of a crime being committed and you can tell the cop is full of it, even the cop knows he is by his demeanor and body language.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #2649
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Cop made my sister in walk home. Wouldnt let her back into the car to get her phone. All because her DL was suspended because the insurance company didnt get notified of the change in auto pay from the new credit card.
    Four miles in the worst part of town, would even give her a ride to a well lit place.
    I cant wait to find that MFer.
    So you can do what?

  10. #2650
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death [W:1903]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    As I thought I didn't expect actual honesty from you. I said I posted it, you said you didn't believe me. I gave you a post number that shows I did, in fact, post it. You took the path of the venerable weasel.

    So, ALL the media reports say he was under arrest. That's the only information we have right now. Can you show any that say he wasn't under arrest? Should be easy for you if they exist because there has been a ton of reporting thus far on the same limited information.



    I just have the video, bro. .38 seconds, that's the cops claim.

    Do you, as an intelligent individual, think that would hold up in court had garner survived?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •