Page 255 of 276 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 2756

Thread: No Indictment in Chokehold Death [W:1903,2680]

  1. #2541
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    What crime did he commit?
    Read the thread.

  2. #2542
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,285

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Really, Godwins. really? Have you finally realized you lost your argument that thoroughly?


    You are avoiding my question thoroughly!

    Lol


    What crime was garner observed by the officers committing.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #2543
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,285

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Read the thread.


    I did.



    What crime was he observed committing?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #2544
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Your argument is basically why I hate government licensing. Business licensing serves two purpose, one, grant the government control over business, and two, protect established businesses from competition. The market works best when people are freely able to start their own businesses and trade freely with each other. Not only does it mean lower prices and better selection for consumers, but higher wages for employees and with all of this higher GDP. There is zero benefit to laws that restrict men and women from trading freely with others.
    Also for the purposes of protecting the public. I do indeed want those vendors to follow proper sanitation.

  5. #2545
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death [W:1903]

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Clownboy,


    What crime did the officers observe garner committing?
    Read the thread.

  6. #2546
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,965

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Nobody is changing any question tres borrachos. What came into question is your mantra that confrontations with the police can be avoided if one doesn't break the law. What has been asked for you to do is to have a set standard for whether this applies to all equally or if there are cases where discretion is ever important. Apparently, for you, discretion is not of any relevance and a person should face the harshness of the law no matter the case. Which is why you've been asked numerous times to go on record and support your position. You haven't, as a matter of fact, you've avoided any questions which scrutinize your statement about police and confrontations. It's pretty obvious that your statements do not stand up to any real scrutiny. It's even more obvious that you don't buy that line that not breaking the law won't get you into a confrontation with the police.
    If you don't break the law, the cops tend not to put you in a chokehold for no reason. Life 101. I'm sorry you can't get that, and you are reduced to posting posts that are lies.

    By the way, Eric Garner wasn't a kid and he wasn't operating a lemonade stand or collecting seaweed on the NH coast, so you trying to "set a standard" by lobbing these ridiculous, worthless, unrelated hypotheticals is ridiculous as well.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  7. #2547
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,285

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death [W:1903]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Read the thread.


    I did. Its not here.


    What crime was garner observed committing?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #2548
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Also for the purposes of protecting the public. I do indeed want those vendors to follow proper sanitation.
    Like I said, "one, grant the government control over business".

  9. #2549
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    I know you do, that's why you make them up and then attribute to them others. It's a nonsense tactic that everyone can see through here. The victory you claim as a result just makes your arguments look ever more foolish.
    Won't answer the question though will you?

    Where are the kids selling this lemonade, because you know the law does not cover a child's neighborhood lemonade stand. If they are setting up in an area that requires a license, and they don't have one, I'm all for them being cited. If they continue to do it, let's say 30 times, and have outright said they will continue after that, then yes, an arrest for a later visit to the county courthouse would be appropriate.
    Actually, the law does cover them under HHS regulation as well as state health departments. But that's beside the point. It's good to see you finally shed your small government nonsense and come out in full support of an authoritarian state where common sense/discretion are not as important as laws.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #2550
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Should they all be beaten if they raise their voices?



    I'm on my 2nd. If I was worried about competition, I'd probably be chanting that people who don't have proper accreditations should be arrested. However, I'm not because my business actually is more worried about legally accredited competitors than illegal ones. You want to try again, champ?



    Your avoidance of these questions is pretty relevant. Do you support the police taking whatever measures they must to arrest people? If you do, welcome to the authoritarian club. Population: You, tres borrachos, Tigger and Paleocon.
    Keep dodging and moving the goalposts. I've answered your questions and thus far you gone to ever more ridiculous extremes to render your strawmen to play gotcha. Give it a rest. I clearly answered your questions. You'll just have to live with the fact that I did so without going to your gotcha place.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •