Page 254 of 276 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 2756

Thread: No Indictment in Chokehold Death [W:1903,2680]

  1. #2531
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,695

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    No, but surely you are aware of laws that require outdoor vendors to have a license and agree to certain rules of business. The taxes and license fees help pay for the maintenance of said roads.


    One must have zee proper papers. May i see your papers please. Lol
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #2532
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,225

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    So then the police do have restrictions on what they can and can't do? Correct? And breaking the law does not matter in confrontations where the police overstep the boundaries of what they're allowed to do? Yes? Do you realize that makes your statement about "don't like confrontations with the cops" then "don't break the law" argument a crock of ****?
    Now you're changing the questions again. We've gone from lemonade to seaweed laws to cops having restrictions. Pick a subject and stay there.

    And I'm waiting for you to show me the posts that I made which caused you to post that lie that I would support children getting put into a chokehold by a policeman for no good reason.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  3. #2533
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,695

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Proof that he was under arrest was posted a long time ago in this very thread. Resurrecting this broken point, though the point was meaningless to begin with, is right down your alley.


    What crime did he commit?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #2534
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    So a vendor is going to go broke because of a guy selling cigarettes somewhere in NYC? Do you own a business? If your business was threatened by a guy making a 1/10th of a percentage of what your business should be making to stay afloat, your business has much bigger problems than the guy selling smokes. Again, you're either ignorant or completely hyperbolic. Which is it?
    There is more than one guy selling illegal goods. The cumulative impact of ALL those illegal merchants does indeed hurt legal businesses. Never run a business have you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Ah, so you support tasing children who are breaking the law no matter the law - correct?
    You seem to have a problem understanding basic English. Go back and read the post I wrote and you quoted, this time try to read for comprehension.

  5. #2535
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,050

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Now you're changing the questions again. We've gone from lemonade to seaweed laws to cops having restrictions. Pick a subject and stay there.

    And I'm waiting for you to show me the posts that I made which caused you to post that lie that I would support children getting put into a chokehold by a policeman for no good reason.
    Nobody is changing any question tres borrachos. What came into question is your mantra that confrontations with the police can be avoided if one doesn't break the law. What has been asked for you to do is to have a set standard for whether this applies to all equally or if there are cases where discretion is ever important. Apparently, for you, discretion is not of any relevance and a person should face the harshness of the law no matter the case. Which is why you've been asked numerous times to go on record and support your position. You haven't, as a matter of fact, you've avoided any questions which scrutinize your statement about police and confrontations. It's pretty obvious that your statements do not stand up to any real scrutiny. It's even more obvious that you don't buy that line that not breaking the law won't get you into a confrontation with the police.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #2536
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Let me guess... you're also in favor of kids getting arrested for selling lemonade without a license? Please run like tres borrachos. I love to get people on record for ridiculous positions like this.
    I know you do, that's why you make them up and then attribute to them others. It's a nonsense tactic that everyone can see through here. The victory you claim as a result just makes your arguments look ever more foolish.

    Where are the kids selling this lemonade, because you know the law does not cover a child's neighborhood lemonade stand. If they are setting up in an area that requires a license, and they don't have one, I'm all for them being cited. If they continue to do it, let's say 30 times, and have outright said they will continue after that, then yes, an arrest for a later visit to the county courthouse would be appropriate.

  7. #2537
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    No, but surely you are aware of laws that require outdoor vendors to have a license and agree to certain rules of business. The taxes and license fees help pay for the maintenance of said roads.
    Your argument is basically why I hate government licensing. Business licensing serves two purpose, one, grant the government control over business, and two, protect established businesses from competition. The market works best when people are freely able to start their own businesses and trade freely with each other. Not only does it mean lower prices and better selection for consumers, but higher wages for employees and with all of this higher GDP. There is zero benefit to laws that restrict men and women from trading freely with others.

  8. #2538
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,695

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death [W:1903]

    Clownboy,


    What crime did the officers observe garner committing?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #2539
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,050

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    There is more than one guy selling illegal goods.
    Should they all be beaten if they raise their voices?

    The cumulative impact of ALL those illegal merchants does indeed hurt legal businesses. Never run a business have you?
    I'm on my 2nd. If I was worried about competition, I'd probably be chanting that people who don't have proper accreditations should be arrested. However, I'm not because my business actually is more worried about legally accredited competitors than illegal ones. You want to try again, champ?

    You seem to have a problem understanding basic English. Go back and read the post I wrote and you quoted, this time try to read for comprehension.
    Your avoidance of these questions is pretty relevant. Do you support the police taking whatever measures they must to arrest people? If you do, welcome to the authoritarian club. Population: You, tres borrachos, Tigger and Paleocon.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #2540
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    One must have zee proper papers. May i see your papers please. Lol
    Really, Godwins. really? Have you finally realized you lost your argument that thoroughly?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •