Page 208 of 276 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2756

Thread: No Indictment in Chokehold Death [W:1903,2680]

  1. #2071
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    No, not on an autopsy report it wouldn't. Here's where you highlight your misunderstanding of what the portion of the report we are privy to says.
    No, your claim is that if a small person, old person, child, person in poor health, die from a violent attack - where a 21 year old athlete would not have - so therefore there was no manslaughter/murder is outrageously absurd.

    You claim you have the perfect defect to child abusers who kill babies and little children - because their lesser health and smaller size was "a contributing factor."

    The reasons that you keep giving are so blatantly and understandably wrong, and so contrary to every application of law in relationship to assaults it seems clear at this point that your messages are using satire to really argue the opposite of what you are posting.

    Here's the fact. If you assault someone you are liable for the consequences of your assault. Your incessant justifications trying to blame the victim does not work. It has never worked. There is no theory of law by which it works.

    Thus, of the many reasons you should not violently assault someone is that the person may have medical conditions you are not aware of, by which your assault may cause more injury and have consequences other than you intended.

    Unlike what your view of "blame the victim, not the assailant!" defense, it doesn't work.

  2. #2072
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    No, your claim is that if a small person, old person, child, person in poor health, die from a violent attack - where a 21 year old athlete would not have - so therefore there was no manslaughter/murder is outrageously absurd.

    You claim you have the perfect defect to child abusers who kill babies and little children - because their lesser health and smaller size was "a contributing factor."

    The reasons that you keep giving are so blatantly and understandably wrong, and so contrary to every application of law in relationship to assaults it seems clear at this point that your messages are using satire to really argue the opposite of what you are posting.

    Here's the fact. If you assault someone you are liable for the consequences of your assault. Your incessant justifications trying to blame the victim does not work. It has never worked. There is no theory of law by which it works.

    Thus, of the many reasons you should not violently assault someone is that the person may have medical conditions you are not aware of, by which your assault may cause more injury and have consequences other than you intended.

    Unlike what your view of "blame the victim, not the assailant!" defense, it doesn't work.
    Post #2067. The rest is just rambling strawmen and mischaracterization because your arguments have all been debunked, many times now in fact.

  3. #2073
    Sage
    Visbek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:45 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,006

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The ME said the police killed him? Link?
    It's all over the place, dude.

    The Medical Examiner’s Office ruled his death a homicide caused by “compression of neck (chokehold), compression of chest and prone positioning during physical restraint by police.”

    Even Breitbart reported this bit. The Actual Facts of The Eric Garner Case

  4. #2074
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,211

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    None of that means he was doing alright physically.
    All of a sudden contributing factors to a death don't mean anything.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  5. #2075
    Sage
    Visbek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:45 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,006

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    No, you are advancing your misunderstanding of what the ME has reported.
    Dude? The ME ruled it a homicide, and explicitly cited compression of the neck, chest and being held in a prone position. How can you not know that?

  6. #2076
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,018

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Of COURSE its relevant. Reasonable force was used to take down an individual that was resisting arrest. The responding officers didnt beat him, taze him, or pepper spray him. The 'choke hold' which was used to take him to the ground was released once he was on the ground. He did not die of being choked to death. He did not die of a loss oxygen due to an applied choke hold. He died of a heart attack caused by the physical exertion from the event. Had he not resisted arrest, he would be here alive today enjoying cheeseburgers and cigarettes. Granted he would still be one time tying his shoes away from a heart attack, but he would most likely be alive today.

    A grand jury decided the cops actions did not meet criteria for trial. So...I guess we are all god then what with the circumstances and all. Right?

    Lesson...dont fight cops. He should have known better...after all, he DID have 30 opportunities to get the memo.
    (please read and imagine this in a southern "country", "matter of fact" tone. Taking time for slight dramatic pauses between periods and increases in volume to the parts of import)
    Choke holds are a lethal move.... They kill people... They are chokes. They directly affect the circulatory system. Fat people are known to have weak hearts!.. This man was choked!!!
    Last edited by dirtpoorchris; 12-05-14 at 06:32 PM.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  7. #2077
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    But realistically, what happened before shouldn't matter. Garner wasn't being violent, yet the police officers reacted violently. He could have been a drug dealing human trafficker, it doesn't matter. The police don't have the right to be violent against anyone unless the situation warrants it. The fact that Garner didn't do anything only makes this more of a tragedy and a travesty of justice.
    Exactly!

    Add to it the fact that the coroner even listed Garner's death as a "homicide"; that alone should have warranted a jury trial.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  8. #2078
    Sage
    Visbek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:45 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,006

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    And the same coroner said that his medical issues were contributing factors in his death.
    You are referring to the ME who ruled it a homicide, yes...?

  9. #2079
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,211

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Visbek View Post
    It's all over the place, dude.

    The Medical Examiner’s Office ruled his death a homicide caused by “compression of neck (chokehold), compression of chest and prone positioning during physical restraint by police.”

    Even Breitbart reported this bit. The Actual Facts of The Eric Garner Case
    But the autopsy further noted that Garner died thanks to acute and chronic bronchial asthma, obesity, and heart disease.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  10. #2080
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,211

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Visbek View Post
    This is the ME who ruled it a homicide, right...?
    Do you know what homicide means when a coroner rules it? It means it wasn't suicide, natural causes, accident or unknown cause. Those are the 5 classifications allowed in a forensic autopsy.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •