Page 193 of 276 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 2756

Thread: No Indictment in Chokehold Death [W:1903,2680]

  1. #1921
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    didn't have a chance. officer choke hold had him rather quickly.
    Nope, not before he started resisting. Btw, the chokehold wasn't immediate. Look at the stills, in the first part the officer has one arm under Eric's left arm and one around his neck, later he moves into a chokehold as Eric is still struggling against being cuffed.

  2. #1922
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    You tell me. I am not claiming to know.



    Apparently because sometime in the past he sold loosies. I find it a bit of an over reaction.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #1923
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Because he wouldn't go peacefully. This was his choice.


    so we throw out diplomacy in favor of choke holds and violence.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #1924
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,066

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Who Is Daniel Pantaleo? NYPD Officer Who Killed Eric Garner Was Accused Of Misconduct Before Chokehold Death

    Pantaleo was sued twice in the past for alleged racially motivated misconduct while on the job. Two black men accused him in 2012 of subjecting them to an illegal strip search in broad daylight. Pantaleo purportedly “tapped” each man’s testicles during the search, which he claimed was a bid to discover any contraband, the Daily News reported. The suit was settled last January.

    In a second lawsuit, a man named Rylawn Walker accused a group of NYPD officers that included Pantaleo of arresting him despite the fact that he was “committing no crime at the time and was not acting in a suspicious manner” and of including misleading data on a police report to justify the arrest, the Staten Island Advance reported. Charges against the man were ultimately dismissed.
    This just gets better and better. There are 5-6 posters who have tried so hard to make these cops look justified because of those 31 priors and yet here we have a cop who gets off by getting on other people. He has two lawsuits people, not for selling cigarettes, he has them for abusing suspects. He settled one, and in the other his actions are correlated to the dismissal of charges. Lmao, this is the righteous cop people are rallying behind?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #1925
    Sage
    Visbek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:38 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,017

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    You have access to the sealed Grand Jury testimony?
    No one -- NO ONE -- has accused Garner of attempting to flee, or using force on anyone. There is absolutely no reason why such information would be restricted to the grand jury. If he had acted that way, there is NO QUESTION the NYPD would have released that information.

  6. #1926
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Nope, not before he started resisting. Btw, the chokehold wasn't immediate. Look at the stills, in the first part the officer has one arm under Eric's left arm and one around his neck, later he moves into a chokehold as Eric is still struggling against being cuffed.

    That's called a no-gi rear lapel choke, or a modified Mata le„o, the under-hook ads as an anchor point to apply the choke.



    Lapel Choke


    Obviously tyrone has better technuique
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #1927
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Keep telling yourself that. You've had your arguments destroyed and now you're reduced to saying you didn't base your argument on what if when your entire argument is based on the possibility, that maybe, peut-Ítre, quizas, quizas, quizas, there will be more to this that we don't know and saves your ridiculous support of police brutality.
    False, Hatuey. You can't know the specifics of something you don't have access to, namely the missing part of the encounter before the decision to subdue Garner was made. That is it. The whole of my argue is nothing more than a purely logical conclusion: you can't know information with certainty what you don't have access to. No what ifs. Just logically pointing out your unsupported claims.

    Telling you that your assumptive narrative is baseless is not a "What if" argument.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  8. #1928
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    To make it even more insane. This is Chief of Police Phillip Banks III. He is the one that issued the order to crackdown on the sale of loosies.


    Banks gets his marching orders from the Police commissioner William J. Bratton, who was appointed by Mayor Bill de Blasio and took office on January 1, 2014.

    Bratton gets his marching orders from Mayor de Blasio.



    de Blasio threw his police department under the bus, and implied they were untrustworthy and racist. After his divisive speech. Obama personally called and thanked him.


    Police fury at mayor’s racial smear | New York Post
    Isn't the electorate who voted in this mayor the same people who made up the Grand Jury? I can't see how their decision, in either case, was infallible.

  9. #1929
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Apparently because sometime in the past he sold loosies. I find it a bit of an over reaction.
    Depends entirely on what transpired that changed the police officers demeanor from standing back with arms folder to surrounding garner and jointly taking him to the pavement. None of us know what happened in that moment because that footage was either cut from his friends video, or his friend didn't film it.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  10. #1930
    Sage
    Visbek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:38 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,017

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    You may want to hold off on that "chokehold" ban business. Apparently the Chief of Police Bratton, is backing away from it.
    The medical examiner didn't back away from it.

    Bratton basically has to support the rank and file, or else he is screwed. Oh, and the NYPD barely enforces the ban on choke holds. The use has reduced since 1993, but it definitely hasn't stopped.

    And again, if you actually watch the video, it's pretty hard to deny it.


    And from the same article it states that "A judge granted Staten Island DA Dan Donovanís request to unseal information about the grand jury proceedings, including that the panel heard from 50 witnesses, watched four videos and was told how much force cops can legally use in arrests."
    They have released very little information so far. It's nothing compared to the Ferguson release.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •