Page 188 of 276 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 2756

Thread: No Indictment in Chokehold Death [W:1903,2680]

  1. #1871
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,728

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Ya right. Squeezing the neck is definately the most taxing on a heart. Its literally like pinching off a hose and accutely increasing the pressure. Back pressure that is supposed to be flowing OUT of the heart at a defined rate. He probably would have lived if not for the neck choke.


    Or had a much higher chance of living. Significantly higher. Just like if he got medical attention. But like i said these cops thought he was scum.
    Exerting ANY pressure causes the same concern. But as the video you posted indicates..I get that you think they should have beat his ass with collapsible batons and that you also believe that would not have contributed to a cardiac arrest. Now for the money question...

    What was the ONE behavior that would have GUARANTEED he not be choked, beaten or anything else?

  2. #1872
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,205

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Thanks for the interesting discussion - time to take the dog for a walk and get some fresh air - I'll check back in later to see all those with changed minds and views.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  3. #1873
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    While I'm sure there are several videos about this very obvious display of police brutality, I think people should watch this version of what transpired between the NYPD & Eric Garner. But first. ...

    Per eyewitness account, the man wasn't selling cigarettes. He had just broke up a fight before police arrived on the scene and was subsequently harassed under the suspension of selling single cigarettes, a crime in NYC.

    The indie DJ makes some very valid points at the end of the video. Watch. ... No arrest pronouncement. No warning. Just straight up assault on a private citizen who did a good thing but ends up dead due to the actions of over zealous cops.

    Watch. ...

    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Njrs5ns8nbI


    .
    It's just the same video we've all seen with a new commentator. None of his info has been vetted. Brings nothing new to the table.

  4. #1874
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Exerting ANY pressure causes the same concern. But as the video you posted indicates..I get that you think they should have beat his ass with collapsible batons and that you also believe that would not have contributed to a cardiac arrest. Now for the money question...

    What was the ONE behavior that would have GUARANTEED he not be choked, beaten or anything else?


    I.E. Submit to authorities at all times, even if unjustified.


    How did that fare for the jews in germany? (yeah I godwinned this ****!)
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #1875
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,728

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    In the videos i posted last page back i wonder why a cop can take the time to flush out the eyes of a kung fu guy charging at them and make sure hes ok. But the cops cant attempt to resuscitate the fat guy after using greater force than in the kung fu situation? Do people really hate fat people that much? Its because some of these ****in cops walk around thinking that these people are scum. And they dont care.
    Ah..so its the resuscitation point. OK...I can see that. I dont know paramedics were not given better access to and care of the individual EXCEPT that if he is still breathing and his heart is still beating, there isnt MUCH they could have done.

  6. #1876
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,728

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I.E. Submit to authorities at all times, even if unjustified.


    How did that fare for the jews in germany? (yeah I godwinned this ****!)
    Yeah, man. Submit to the autrhorites when you know you are about to be arrested. Especially if you have 30 priors.

    You DO know how silly your Nazi/Jew comparison is...right?

  7. #1877
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    Again, the response of other people is totally irrelevant. And that's not what was was decided. This was not a trial, it was a grand jury.

    What is your standard for an indictment? If the police officer pistol whipped the guy, would that have been okay too? Or if they shot him point blank? Would that be okay? Do you really think that that officer should be free to patrol the streets again?
    Pretty sure he's been fired or will be soon. And there's no need to venture into hyperbole. Standard for indictment is evidence you did something illegal.

  8. #1878
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 02:51 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    While I'm sure there are several videos about this very obvious display of police brutality, I think people should watch this version of what transpired between the NYPD & Eric Garner. But first. ...

    Per eyewitness account, the man wasn't selling cigarettes. He had just broke up a fight before police arrived on the scene and was subsequently harassed under the suspension of selling single cigarettes, a crime in NYC.

    The indie DJ makes some very valid points at the end of the video. Watch. ... No arrest pronouncement. No warning. Just straight up assault on a private citizen who did a good thing but ends up dead due to the actions of over zealous cops.

    Watch. ...

    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Njrs5ns8nbI


    .
    But realistically, what happened before shouldn't matter. Garner wasn't being violent, yet the police officers reacted violently. He could have been a drug dealing human trafficker, it doesn't matter. The police don't have the right to be violent against anyone unless the situation warrants it. The fact that Garner didn't do anything only makes this more of a tragedy and a travesty of justice.

  9. #1879
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 02:51 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Pretty sure he's been fired or will be soon. And there's no need to venture into hyperbole. Standard for indictment is evidence you did something illegal.
    Like a video showing you killing an unarmed non-violent person?

    Why is it so hard to admit that there are bad cops that do bad things? We all know it, cops most of all. That doesn't mean we don't support the police. It's just a fact of life.
    Last edited by Mithros; 12-05-14 at 03:01 PM.

  10. #1880
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I.E. Submit to authorities at all times, even if unjustified.


    How did that fare for the jews in germany? (yeah I godwinned this ****!)
    Yes, and then take them to court later and own their asses. That's how it works, and it does work if you're smarter than Eric here, he was kinda a dumb bunny.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •