Page 174 of 276 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 2756

Thread: No Indictment in Chokehold Death [W:1903,2680]

  1. #1731
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,186

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I love the judgment of his supposed smoking habit and weight on this thread. I'm sure the people doing the judging are the picture of perfect health, too! Daily exercise, bi-yearly check ups, good diet...LOL
    The posters on here aren't dead and their lifestyle choices didn't appear on an autopsy report for a death that's being debated.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  2. #1732
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,186

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Thanks Tres In some places on the internet it was being reported it was banned in NYC others said illegal. And in some places where it was being reported that way have since removed it.
    Glad to help Vesper. I noticed that I said my BIL was 17 years with the NYPD. That was supposed to be 27 years. Slip of the finger...I trust him more about NYPD matters than I do a bunch of posters who let Al Sharpton do their thinking for them.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  3. #1733
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: NYPD officer in Eric Garner chokehold death not indicted by Staten Island grand j

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    It is about right and wrong. You have chosen wrong.
    Just the opposite. I choose the believe my eyes and believe the police are fallible just like everyone else. A jury trial would have been a crucible of change. Now it's a cause celeb to be incorrectly added to Trayvon and Brown and that allows those who DO have racist views and want "revenge" more credibility. That's not something I want.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #1734
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: NYPD officer in Eric Garner chokehold death not indicted by Staten Island grand j

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Except for the one tiny point that I accept the Grand Jury's decision and you do not.

    You have chosen tyranny over justice. I wonder why. It is very odd.
    I have chose the people over tyranny. What is odd that you cannot tell the difference.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #1735
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,186

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Soooo.. You are arguing choking someone (a inherently lethal move) isnt illegal? So if I put someone under citizens arrest for a crime (like jay walking or something) and choke them till they die then I wont be proscecuted? I mean.. you are saying that choking someone isnt illegal... so it must not be or what?
    I don't "argue" anything. I posted a fact. An NYPD officer putting a suspect in a chokehold is not illegal. It was banned by the NYPD years ago. That doesn't mean it's "illegal". If the NYPD banned beards on their officers, you don't draw the conclusion that beards are now illegal in NY. Pay attention to the posts.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  6. #1736
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: NYPD officer in Eric Garner chokehold death not indicted by Staten Island grand j

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    And yet the grand jury did not find sufficient evidence to charge anyone with a crime. So are you now making allegations against the district attorney, the prosecutor or the members of the grand jury? Other than your feelings what is your evidence?
    I'm questioning the process taken in NY yes. It should be reviewed.


    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    She did poorly by you then. Did she actually teach you that citizen control of the justice system is wrong if you disagree with a particular finding?
    She taught me to identify right and wrong. Apparently yours taught you that everything and anything the government does is "right". You work under the assumption that if the cops did it, if the GJ system says it, it must be true. How different are those views than from any others who blindly follow others without question throughout history? Or those who do the same who you criticize here on this forum? It's no different....

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Did she teach you to mistrust your neighbors when they are charged with reviewing evidence you have not seen and yet you disagree with them?
    She taught me people must earn trust, it's not given freely. If a neighbor provided cause to mistrust then yes I would not trust them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Did she teach you to stamp your feet and demand mob rule if you disagree with a finding? Or are you hiding behind her skirt?
    She taught me to stand up and speak the truth no matter how inconvenient. The truth is, the death of Garner was wrong - and no one will have to answer for it. Those who share your views are fine with authority killing people as long as a few others agree with them.


    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Tossing out a grand jury's decision and running with the mob is what leads to tyranny.
    That's a very nice strawman congratulations. I'm have not asked for that ANYWHERE on this forum.


    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    When you believe your emotions should trump evidence and diminish the power of the grand jury to act as a brake on government prosecutions whose hands do you believe you are playing into? It is time for you to grow up and put away childish things.
    Again you are incorrect - this has nothing to do with emotion it has to do with facts and right / wrong.


    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    A grand jury reviewed the evidence. You reject their decision. You are becoming a tyrant. I wish you would see it and stop.
    The GJ was wrong. You are the tyrant here. Will you see mass killings in the future as also OK if a jury says so? How about assassinations? The "people" aren't the tyranny here - it's unfortunate you cannot see that.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #1737
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,186

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    When I lived in Saddle River, the gas stations would line up with NY interlopers on weekends, hell they even drove thier kids into our neighborhood on halloween for trick or treating, (which I never got)
    Did you live close to Nixon?
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  8. #1738
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,186

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    What if ....
    they treated tax evaders in the board room as harshly as they do some guy selling untaxed cigarettes?
    What if....
    they treated tax evaders in Congress or tax evaders who are "activists" as harshly as they do some guy selling untaxed cigarettes?
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  9. #1739
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    What if....
    they treated tax evaders in Congress or tax evaders who are "activists" as harshly as they do some guy selling untaxed cigarettes?
    Somehow I'm doubting Charlie Rangel would be tackled by 5 Capital police and administered a choke hold until he's handcuffed. Just guess tho....
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #1740
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,655

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Did you live close to Nixon?

    He was long gone by the time we moved there. his house sold for 3 million only to be torn down I believe.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •