Page 170 of 276 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 2756

Thread: No Indictment in Chokehold Death [W:1903,2680]

  1. #1691
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Posting falsehoods is now your specialty, isn't it? Grand jurors aren't your neighbors. There will not be ONE grand juror that lived in Gardener's neighborhood. Gardener is poor. Being a grand juror us generally a treat given to older political supporters and social types for the experience of having done so.
    Yeah. They are your neighbors. They usually are citizens called from property tax records and voter registration rolls from the court district where the potential crime took place. In my case it is the entire county. In a big city with more than one court district you might have many grand juries going on at the same time.

    Don't be cute or snotty. You are not that good at it.

  2. #1692
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,327

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    This is one of the ugliest statements I have seen here. I think this deserves flagging.
    Your entire posting history on this thread deserves flagging.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  3. #1693
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreetVixen View Post
    I'm optimistic, but I'm going to play devils advocate and assume that the officer refuses to articulate the reasonable suspicion for detailing said suspect. What do you think should be done in response?
    Keep the camera rolling. Given that he has no reason to detain you politely tell him that you are leaving now. Bid him Adieu.

    :-)

  4. #1694
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: NYPD officer in Eric Garner chokehold death not indicted by Staten Island grand j

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    This is not about better... it's about right and wrong. Anyone with two eyes sees that a lack of indictment in Garners case was injustice. It had nothing to do with racists, it has nothing to do with going along with anyone... it's simple right and wrong. No indictment in Garners case was wrong.
    It is about right and wrong. You have chosen wrong.

  5. #1695
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: NYPD officer in Eric Garner chokehold death not indicted by Staten Island grand j

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    If my views are irrelevant so are yours.
    Except for the one tiny point that I accept the Grand Jury's decision and you do not.

    You have chosen tyranny over justice. I wonder why. It is very odd.

  6. #1696
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by gdgyva View Post
    Do you believe cops should be able to decide which laws they enforce, and which ones they don't?
    Why not. That is what the President does. And his hatchet carrier, the Attorney General. Lawlessness from the top breeds lawlessness at every level.

  7. #1697
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,046

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Yeah. They are your neighbors. They usually are citizens called from property tax records and voter registration rolls from the court district where the potential crime took place. In my case it is the entire county. In a big city with more than one court district you might have many grand juries going on at the same time.

    Don't be cute or snotty. You are not that good at it.
    Staten Island is covered by the Eastern District of New York. All of it. Staten Island population? 470,000. Population over ~21? 70%. That means.... Out of that 470,000 there were ... +300K eligible people for that GJ. That alone makes your neighbors argument a stretch.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #1698
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: NYPD officer in Eric Garner chokehold death not indicted by Staten Island grand j

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Been there done that. The level of evidence needed for a GJ is very low and the video by itself is enough to indict.
    And yet the grand jury did not find sufficient evidence to charge anyone with a crime. So are you now making allegations against the district attorney, the prosecutor or the members of the grand jury? Other than your feelings what is your evidence?

    Now your guessing my motives? Don't insult me.
    This has nothing to do with revenge it has to do with right and wrong. Your mama didn't teach you that when you were little? Mine did.
    She did poorly by you then. Did she actually teach you that citizen control of the justice system is wrong if you disagree with a particular finding? Did she teach you to mistrust your neighbors when they are charged with reviewing evidence you have not seen and yet you disagree with them? Did she teach you to stamp your feet and demand mob rule if you disagree with a finding? Or are you hiding behind her skirt?

    And you talk about tyranny - that's ironic. The police and government who control the police are much more likely to be tyrannical than the citizen under them.
    Tossing out a grand jury's decision and running with the mob is what leads to tyranny. When you believe your emotions should trump evidence and diminish the power of the grand jury to act as a brake on government prosecutions whose hands do you believe you are playing into? It is time for you to grow up and put away childish things.

    I have to start wondering you and other who share your views disbelieve your own eyes. I don't want the cop locked up for murder - it was an obvious accident. I want a jury to review it and give their judgement. Not much to ask in the Garner case.
    A grand jury reviewed the evidence. You reject their decision. You are becoming a tyrant. I wish you would see it and stop.

  9. #1699
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    I wouldn't have.
    Write him a ticket if he's doing something he shouldn't. Selling cigarettes isn't an arrestable offense.
    Is committing a felony an arrestable offense, in your opinion?

  10. #1700
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    You have become a total contradiction now. GJs are no safeguard against anything. 3 no-bills in 5 years out of 250,000 GJ presentations. And you claim GJs are a safeguard against unjustly being taken to trial.

    I've noticed how often you debate yourself - give little mini lectures back and forth at yourself.

    Way back the Perry Mason "examining trials" were a good thing, as were coroner's inquiries. Both were eliminated as they gave citizens a right to some say and defense prior to being put on trial was to costly and bothersome to the government. It is FAR easier to negotiate a plea bargain telling poor people who can't post to plea out or stay in jail a year waiting for trial.

    The ENTIRE criminal justice system is built around forcing people to plea out. Rich people can fight. No one else really can.
    You are so full of yourself. Of course grand juries are a brake on tyranny at the local level. But don't let me stand in the way of your make believe world.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •