Page 140 of 276 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 2756

Thread: No Indictment in Chokehold Death [W:1903,2680]

  1. #1391
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Is there any filter for what I can see and hear? NO. The GJ did.
    Could I hear what everyone who examined the body said publicly? Yes. The GJ could not.
    Can I hear what experts of all kinds have publicly said? Yes. The GJ could not.
    Can I hear and see all evidence and information made public by anyone? Yes. Did the GJ? No.

    But I got it, to you, those in the criminal justice system are your God. God knows everything. No one else does, only your God does.

    Here's the fact again:

    "Of about 125,000 adult felony arrests in Manhattan in the last five years, grand juries have only dismissed charges three times."
    Same old nonsense. Yes, your knowledge on the event is filtered, quite a bit. You DO NOT have access to all the evidence the GJ did. Further you don't know that the GJ's access to ANY evidence was withheld. The transcript has not been released. Yet another thing you are filtered from.

    And that last further demonstrates you don't understand why or how cases are brought before a grand jury.

  2. #1392
    Sage
    gdgyva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Twinsburg Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    5,961

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    No, if there was a fair trial with cross examination, then I'd abide by whatever outcome, because it would be heard in a fair trial.

    So, a man's life isn't worth the cost of a trial?

    How Soviet of you.

    why dont all you who want a trial pay for one

    i am sure NYC will gladly put these cops on trial if you guys want to put your money up

    But when the cops are acquitted, and your money is spent, dont come back crying

    I'm serious....pool your money, and get your friends......3 million maybe a tad more.......

    As you say, the price of justice......you can even hire your own prosecutor since you apparently think this one is tainted

    better make it 4 million just to be safe........someone start a fund......i am sure there are thousands willing to throw good money down the drain
    “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.”

    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  3. #1393
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    My understanding was when the police came up to the man they said they weren't going to arrest him. IF that is the case why then cuff the man? There wouldn't have been any resistance. I think the resistance came about because they said one thing and did another. But what do I know.
    Well for one, they may have been just talking about on the selling illegal goods charge. We don't hear a lot of the conversation from the police side, nor have we heard what the conversation was before the video. However he was asked to leave the area and refused.

  4. #1394
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,728

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Actually that is precisely what he died of.
    Well...I SUSPECT it is...but I havent seen the coroners report.

  5. #1395
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Lmao - What minute:second did he say that? You do realize it's not illegal to argue with a police officer about moving if you feel you have a right to be in that particular area, correct? However, I'll indulge your weak attempts at irrelevance.
    It's not against the law to argue, it is against the law to not move on when the police tell you to do so. If you want to debate whether they were in the right to ask you to move along the only legal way to do so is after the fact. That's what attorneys and lawsuits are for.

  6. #1396
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Well...I SUSPECT it is...but I havent seen the coroners report.
    Sorry, just going from what has been reported in the press.

  7. #1397
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Taking the ill informed side of it: then why weren't they put on trial since they obviously contributed to his death? No Justice, No Peace!
    Desperation is setting in for the side with no arguments. Courts have already ruled that not even cops have a duty to protect someone. So what makes you think EMTs have a constitutional duty to save people's lives? The EMTs at the scene were hired by one of the local hospitals and the FDNY. The most that can be done against them is administrative measures.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #1398
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    It's not against the law to argue, it is against the law to not move on when the police tell you to do so. If you want to debate whether they were in the right to ask you to move along the only legal way to do so is after the fact. That's what attorneys and lawsuits are for.
    Please tell us during what minute:second the cops asked him to leave.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #1399
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Desperation is setting in for the side with no arguments. Courts have already ruled that not even cops have a duty to protect someone. So what makes you think EMTs have a constitutional duty to save people's lives? The EMTs at the scene were hired by one of the local hospitals and the FDNY. The most that can be done against them is administrative measures.
    Not following along with your own side's arguments very well are you?

  10. #1400
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,205

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Reading through this thread and dealing with the other threads related to police involvement with suspects and the prosecution of such events I've come to very much appreciate the Canadian justice system. There's lots to love about America and your culture and government, etc., but your justice system is far too political for my liking. We have civilian oversight of police here - in any situation where a suspect is seriously injured or dies, that civilian oversight automatically investigates the matter and that civilian oversight determines whether or not charges will be laid. Seems in your system, all these parties that provide oversight and prosecution are elected officials beholden to those who elected them and those who funded them and they interfere severely with the pursuit of justice. To me, that's a terrible system.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •