Page 133 of 276 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 2756

Thread: No Indictment in Chokehold Death [W:1903,2680]

  1. #1321
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Nyc is no longer persuing small amounts of mj.
    Still can't smoke a joint outside, they've made it clear they'll still arrest for that. The new policy is about possession, not use.

  2. #1322
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,331

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Please, please, educate yourself before you spout off like this. The grand jury is part of due process. And grand jurors can question witnesses, trial jurors cannot.
    I know...it is broken. Why not a trial? Why not cross examination? Why not a real actual trial? If the cops are innocent, the trial will find that, won't it?

    If a non policeman grabbed him and choke holded him and killed him, there would be a regular trial...but cops...well, that is different....


    Keep licking those boots.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  3. #1323
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,869

    Re: NYPD officer in Eric Garner chokehold death not indicted by Staten Island grand j

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    As I stated earlier, it is relevant as it shows the reason why there is such a presence of law enforcement in the area. They are not there to harass black people as some like Holder, Obama, and Sharpton claim. They are there because of the volume of criminal activity taking place in that neighborhood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I didn't take anything out of context. You stated Obama had claimed something, and I asked you to substantiate it. You substantiated it with your interpretation of the super secret race baiter extremist language called stating fact. That's hardly substantiating your post. That you have trouble realizing this is your problem. Not mine. As for the rest:

    tl/dr.
    Intellectual dishonesty is a failure to apply standards of rational evaluation that one is aware of, usually in a self-serving fashion. If one judges others more critically than oneself, that is intellectually dishonest. If one deflects criticism of a friend or ally simply because they are a friend or ally, that is intellectually dishonest as is political alliances etc..

    You just proved yourself to be such simply because you were not willing to reply to my post in its entirety but only quoted a snippet. Have a nice day.

  4. #1324
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Lets look at this another way you have haymarket, me, hautey, limbaugh and hannity all in agreement this should never have gotten this far.

    To get to this point something has gone terribly wrong.




    Also deblasio orders police to crack down on illegal ciggys, throws police under bus when they do.


    Nyc and ny created the black market that led to sending officers who end up killin someone over loosies.


    Wtf
    You know it's not just the tax. The illegal sellers sell to kids. I'm a smoker who wants to be left alone to smoke and I still think there's a special hell reserved for those who sell drugs, alcohol and smokes to kids.

  5. #1325
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,689

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Guess what, the grand jury was picked by the same authority that picked the police that is the same authority and institution of the prosecutor and the grand jury only heard what the prosecutor wanted the same-team grand jury to hear about the same-team police officers.

    Who represented Gardener to the grand jury? NO ONE.
    Good grief. The grand jury determines whether or not there is enough evidence to indict someone for a crime. If there is not enough evidence it doesn't matter who the victim is.

    In fact, the public has MORE access to information than the grand jury did, because there was no prosecutor's filter and censorship.
    Haha wut.

    What information do you have access to that the Grand Jury doesn't?

    But don't let reality get in your way of worship of police and government and your hatred of citizen's rights.
    You are living in an amazingly ignorant bubble. You don't understand the function of a grand jury or have any possible way of knowing what information was presented to the Grand Jury.. yet still you claim to know more than the Grand Jury and what the outcome should have been.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  6. #1326
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Please, please, educate yourself before you spout off like this. The grand jury is part of due process. And grand jurors can question witnesses, trial jurors cannot.
    Read my link above. Grand Juries do what the DA tells them to do in NY. ALWAYS.

    Educate yourself.

  7. #1327
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: NYPD officer in Eric Garner chokehold death not indicted by Staten Island grand j

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I grew up in nyc and my office is in chelsea, nyc.

    I have an attorney on my payroll.

    You accosted me as if i dont know.

    I do know. I live and work here.




    I research penal code all the time. Its a great way to win debates.



    You made claims but refuse to back them up. Noted.
    Note all you want. I didn't "accost" you and I made no claims of knowledge of NY law. Only how the arrest went, which was how they usually go down.
    You want to fight, yell, struggle, resist. You get what you get. Quote me where I over stated anything.

  8. #1328
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,689

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    This would only be relevant if the victim tried to hurt the cops. Just because someone is huge doesnt mean you can use lethal moves on them. Being fat doesnt give you the right to use a lethal move on someone. They have to be posing a threat to you, you know... trying to hurt you and you fear for your life.
    They aren't normally lethal moves. Garner's frail condition rendered non-lethal moves lethal. So, in that situation the officers had no reason to believe they were using lethal force.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  9. #1329
    Sage
    gdgyva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Twinsburg Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    5,950

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    I know...it is broken. Why not a trial? Why not cross examination? Why not a real actual trial? If the cops are innocent, the trial will find that, won't it?

    If a non policeman grabbed him and choke holded him and killed him, there would be a regular trial...but cops...well, that is different....


    Keep licking those boots.
    do you like throwing money away?

    do you understand what a trial like that would cost?

    you think people are mad now, waste 2-3 million on a trial, and get zero convictions

    yeah....i bet that would go over really well also

    a trial is idiotic if the prosecution doesnt feel that they can win the case
    “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.”

    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  10. #1330
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Good grief. The grand jury determines whether or not there is enough evidence to indict someone for a crime. If there is not enough evidence it doesn't matter who the victim is.



    Haha wut.

    What information do you have access to that the Grand Jury doesn't?

    You are living in an amazingly ignorant bubble. You don't understand the function of a grand jury or have any possible way of knowing what information was presented to the Grand Jury.. yet still you claim to know more than the Grand Jury and what the outcome should have been.
    We have access to everything the DA did not present to the grand jury. Grand juries in NY do what the DA tells them. You message is naïve at best.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •