Page 129 of 276 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 2756

Thread: No Indictment in Chokehold Death [W:1903,2680]

  1. #1281
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    This cop has to live with the public, he can't hide out in the Grand Jury room. Karma can be a bitch!
    Which has nothing whatsoever to do with your debunked point.

  2. #1282
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    That's the question that I'd like to hear the answer to.

    I find it hard to believe that New York City is even a little bit safer because Mr Garner is dead and no longer selling loose cigarettes.
    That's entirely unknowable and speculative.

  3. #1283
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,056

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    That isn't a "What if".
    Um... that is a what if. Holy ****, it's the very definition of what if. It's you creating a different scenario that only you seem to be able to control.

    And the police action was in response to what? We don't have that video. If the police had justification to arrest Garner and he resisted do you still call it murder?
    Do you realize that it wouldn't make it any less excessive use of force? They approached him over some f'n cigarettes. He didn't resist. He told them he didn't want to speak to them and they immediately tried to subdue him. Over some f'n cigarettes.

    Show me another video that fills in the blanks.
    Go look them up. Youtube is your friend. Here, I'll even give you what to search for on YouTube: "Unseen Erick Garner videos".
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #1284
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,889

    Re: NYPD officer in Eric Garner chokehold death not indicted by Staten Island grand j

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    As I stated earlier, it is relevant as it shows the reason why there is such a presence of law enforcement in the area. They are not there to harass black people as some like Holder, Obama, and Sharpton claim. They are there because of the volume of criminal activity taking place in that neighborhood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    It's amazing to watch you go from saying: Obama said this....... to... I've interpreted what Obama said to mean this.

    I don't honestly care how you feel about what Obama said, I asked you to show us where he said what you claim he said. You couldn't do it. I hear crow is kind of tough this time of year. How does it taste?
    Please note the original posted above which you have tried to take out of context.
    There are plenty of examples in Obama, Holder and Sharpton's own words that are very divisive and imply a real problem with racist cops and racism in general.
    The very idea that the Obama administration has such a relationship with the biggest race-baiter ever (Al Sharpton) is telling. Visiting logs at the WH prove Sharpton to be a regular visitor. And there are plenty of reports from several news sources of Sharpton claiming to be an unpaid advisor to the administration. Here is a link from Politico tell how that came to be.
    Revved Up - Glenn Thrush - POLITICO Magazine
    His most recent visit to the WH was last Monday, where Obama, Holder, Sharpton and some others got together for a pow wow which resulted in a list of things police forces across the nation needed to change while never once addressing why there is such a need for so many officers in black communities due to their high crime rates. Holder didn't address it but instead making comments of a Federal investigation continuing over Ferguson and now Staten Island from prosecutorial misconduct to racism.
    Someone like Sharpton shouldn't even be allowed near the WH unless they like what he says.
    Here's a video comprised of 314 times Sharpton in interviews, video from his own show on MSNBC, audio from his radio show where he envokes racism into just about everything.

  5. #1285
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,696

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    DUIs never intend to kill anyone either. In your view, they have the PERFECT defense.
    Hah, no, you silly man. A drunk person has all the evidence they need that driving while impaired can lead to death.

    It is 100% certain they ASSAULTED the man - the question only being if it was legal to do so.
    Also false. Legally they are within their right to subdue the man if they believe his actions warrant his arrest and he is resisting. That isn't "assault".

    BUT you continue to claim there is only ONE crime anyone can every commit ' manslaughter/murder." Every other criminal change and conviction of any kind against anyone should be dismissed according to you as there are NO other possible crimes anyone can commit.
    Hah, you guys and your absolutist bulls*** are hilarious. You have failed to make a single argument for any crime that the officers should have been indicted on, much less prove an indictment would be likely. You just have this amazingly childish opinion that they should be indicted on something because the video give you the sads.

    Step away, formulate your thoughts, determine what charge you think should be brought against the officer(s) and argue it. I will stand here and argue why I don't think a crime was committed, and agree with the GJ decision.

    It can not be proven Michael Brown was trying to kill officer Wilson when he slugged him, therefore you stance is that Michael Brown committed no crime.
    You aren't this stupid in real life, are you? Punching a police officer is a crime, idiot, grabbing for his weapon is a crime, resisting arrest is a crime.

    BUT, then, Gardener didn't intend to kill anyone either, so therefore in your logic he had committed no crime.
    He resisted arrest which is a crime. What he did that lead to the decision to arrest Garner wound up on the cutting room floor.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  6. #1286
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Guess what, you're wrong. The GJ is made up of the public. The difference between them and the man on the street, the man on the street hasn't seen the evidence. The GJ has.
    You don't understand how Grand Juries are selected, do you?

    We can see and learn more evidence than that Grand Jury because there is no filter for us and there was for the GJ.

  7. #1287
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,056

    Re: NYPD officer in Eric Garner chokehold death not indicted by Staten Island grand j

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Please note the original posted above which you have tried to take out of context.
    I didn't take anything out of context. You stated Obama had claimed something, and I asked you to substantiate it. You substantiated it with your interpretation of the super secret race baiter extremist language called stating fact. That's hardly substantiating your post. That you have trouble realizing this is your problem. Not mine. As for the rest:

    tl/dr.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #1288
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    oh so now he claims that he didnt know wrapping your arm around a mans neck is a choke hold? bwahahahaha holy ****. He was simply "using the neck as leverage" and misunderstood that it happens to be a chokehold? common man... Hes going to have to lie better than that.
    Heya DPC. Yeah but how do we get around the GJ seeing a video that shows Garner says.....I can't breathe, and then the officer takes off the chokehold. Only after One Time of hearing Garner say this?

  9. #1289
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,023

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    The stupid, stupid claim that the ONLY potential criminal charge was murder is VERY annoying and was a CHEESY tactic of the DA.

    What about "assault?" "Official oppression?" "Abuse?" "Violation of Civil Rights?"

    Oh no, no - only debate and deal in absolutes - either it was or wasn't "manslaughter/murder." Let's not even discuss assault, abuse, oppression, civil rights...

    Nor even think about any employment sanctions, reprimands either. ONLY the question of it was or wasn't murder. EVERY POSSIBLY WAY to eliminate liability for the man's death.
    Right. Its obvious the cop didnt think his chokehold would kill him. But that doesnt really matter because chokeholds are inherently lethal. Im not allowed to be ignorant of the laws and cops shouldt be allowed to be unchastized simply because they are ignorant.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  10. #1290
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,369

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Guess what, the grand jury was picked by the same authority that picked the police that is the same authority and institution of the prosecutor and the grand jury only heard what the prosecutor wanted the same-team grand jury to hear about the same-team police officers.

    Who represented Gardener to the grand jury? NO ONE.

    In fact, the public has MORE access to information than the grand jury did, because there was no prosecutor's filter and censorship.

    But don't let reality get in your way of worship of police and government and your hatred of citizen's rights.
    Yes....no cross examination, which is why it is a joke. Indict and have a trial, that way all the information comes out in a real trial.....what is everyone afraid of? Due process?
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •