Page 128 of 276 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 2756

Thread: No Indictment in Chokehold Death [W:1903,2680]

  1. #1271
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Guess what, "the public" (however you define that) doesn't have the information the GJ had so the public is, by definition, ignorant of the specifics of the case.
    Just like Ferguson however, the public can make this officer's life a living hell, if they so desire. I doubt it comes to this because I imagine the Federal government will file charges and prosecute this police officer.

  2. #1272
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Guess what, "the public" (however you define that) doesn't have the information the GJ had so the public is, by definition, ignorant of the specifics of the case.
    Guess what, the grand jury was picked by the same authority that picked the police that is the same authority and institution of the prosecutor and the grand jury only heard what the prosecutor wanted the same-team grand jury to hear about the same-team police officers.

    Who represented Gardener to the grand jury? NO ONE.

    In fact, the public has MORE access to information than the grand jury did, because there was no prosecutor's filter and censorship.

    But don't let reality get in your way of worship of police and government and your hatred of citizen's rights.

  3. #1273
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by austrianecon View Post
    Past arrest should have no barring on current situations. There is a reason why your Juvie record is "sealed" and being caught selling a cig for whatever amount is PEANUTS in the world of "crime".
    You're wrong. We're not talking about juvie records here. The guy was an adult criminal. And pattern of of crimes, repeat offences, are almost always germane.

  4. #1274
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,008

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Ummm... chances are the man could tell she was a woman before beating them. Sorry, but it is a simple truth that when subduing people you use an entirely different level of force for a 6'3" 360LB man than you do a 5'0" 120LB woman... or a 6' 200LB man, for that matter.
    This would only be relevant if the victim tried to hurt the cops. Just because someone is huge doesnt mean you can use lethal moves on them. Being fat doesnt give you the right to use a lethal move on someone. They have to be posing a threat to you, you know... trying to hurt you and you fear for your life.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  5. #1275
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Guess what, you're wrong. The GJ is made up of the public. The difference between them and the man on the street, the man on the street hasn't seen the evidence. The GJ has.
    This cop has to live with the public, he can't hide out in the Grand Jury room. Karma can be a bitch!

  6. #1276
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,250

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If you resist arrest, do you expect to just walk away?
    If you call that resisting arrest....lame.

    He was just telling the cops that they always are harassing. I didn't hear the cop say he was under arrest or have his rights read.

    But, who needs rights....?
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  7. #1277
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    Just like Ferguson however, the public can make this officer's life a living hell, if they so desire. I doubt it comes to this because I imagine the Federal government will file charges and prosecute this police officer.
    No, NYC is heavily Democratic as is the police union, prosecutors office and government. There will be a little noise, but the Democratic Justice Department isn't going to actually do anything.

    NYC protestors are lazy. They'll forget this within a week. A protest in NYC is just another occasion to have a party at the Central Square. Real protests happen elsewhere. Besides, the NYC PD are absolutely violently brutal against serious protestors.

    There are a few PDs you don't mess with. Top of the list? Chicago. NYC. LA. They'll beat you nearly to death (if your healthy, otherwise you die) just for the joys of doing so if you mess with them. Show any displeasure, any hesitation on submissive and the violence begins. It's always been that way. Nothing has changed. What the video shows is the NYPD doing what it has always done to anything but absolute, instance submissiveness.

  8. #1278
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Quote the statute in Portland.
    No thanks, you can look for it if you want. I live here so I know how they've kept the homeless druggies from coming back to sit in front of businesses. They trespassed them.

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Again you are claiming anyone can run up behind anyone and put them in a chock hold - because they aren't illegal. Obviously then parents and teachers could to that to troublesome children and husband do so to their wives. Someone ticked you off? Just run up behind the person and jump on their back with a chock hold - perfectly legal according to you.

    More absurd claims by the police junkies.
    I made no such claims, that's you trying to make **** up that doesn't at all apply to this event. You can't do most of what you strawman portrays because assault IS against the law, not chokeholds. Duh!

  9. #1279
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,008

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    That's irrelevant to the defense being used. Again, your argument is saying that "what if" is a reasonable defense for acting violently. It isn't.



    Subduing him for what? Responding rudely to the police? What was it that he did that made cops so scared of him? He didn't want to talk to them? He wasn't under any obligation to.
    In Future America it is illegal to get angry or upset (but still nonviolent). All cops will have guns loaded with prozak. Cheery bye!
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  10. #1280
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    The question is did any of the officers illegally assault him? THAT is the legal issue. Whether that then is official oppression, civil rights violation, assault, aggravated assault, manslaughter or murder is then the second question.

    Someone is beating you up. You break away and flee, getting hit by a car and die. Yes, it was criminal assault. No, it likely found that person had not murdered you.

    The REASON the prosecutor and all the police junkies ONLY will bring up whether or not it was murder is to DELIBERATELY avoid the core, fundamental question of was any of the violent actions against him illegal? They do NOT want THAT question asked.


    That's the question that I'd like to hear the answer to.

    I find it hard to believe that New York City is even a little bit safer because Mr Garner is dead and no longer selling loose cigarettes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •