Page 125 of 276 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 2756

Thread: No Indictment in Chokehold Death [W:1903,2680]

  1. #1241
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,685

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Chocking someone from behind while others take him to the ground and weight placed on the person's back or chest will "subdue" someone. The MOST effectively subdued people are dead people for sure.
    None of those officers intended to kill Eric Garner.

    Did they tell him he was arrested after he was unconscious or dead? Or never?
    What is in the missing video just before they began to subdue him? Likely the GJ knows and that is a big part of why there was no indictment.

    At least, then, it should be on his tombstone "You are under arrest."
    Or "you should have gone quietly", maybe.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  2. #1242
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,312

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    He was peddling blackmarket cigarrettes in front of a convenience store. The store manager called in a complaint.
    Is that trespassing?

    Is trespassing a death penalty offense?

    Do trespassers deserve illegal chokeholds?
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  3. #1243
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    NO, that is NOT my argument. My argument is that subduing a 6'3" 360LB man requires a gang approach when, as is evidenced in the video, the police on site are more like 5'8" and 170 lbs. It also happened to be that Garner was so frail that that method contributed to his death.



    You miss the point. The video you saw doesn't actually show what it claims to show. Was Garner choked to death? No. He was put in a sleeper hold for 13 seconds and was very much alive afterward. Does it show that Garner did nothing to justify the arrest? No. The video cuts out for an indeterminate amount of time and comes back at the point of the arrest. Something in that period of time changed the police demeanor from standing cross armed to attempting to subdue him.



    You and a lot of other folks here are putting all of your argument on what is seen in that video of the altercation and ignoring that the video is missing the crucial piece to substantiate your argument. That is, it's missing what happened just before the police chose to subdue Garner.
    "Subdue" is such a nice word.

    Defense attorneys should use that in defending assault cases. "My client didn't assault her, he subdued her before taking her wallet from. There is no law against subduing a person."

    Thus, Michael Brown did NOT assault that officer, he only attempted to subdue the officer. You'd agree with that, right?

  4. #1244
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,685

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    "Subdue" is such a nice word.

    Defense attorneys should use that in defending assault cases. "My client didn't assault her, he only subdued her before taking her wallet from."
    Guess what, the GJ doesn't agree with your ignorant assessment. Deal with it.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  5. #1245
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,312

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    The community, and guess what, internal affairs responds. Do you really not know this?
    So, cops are who you call when a cop does something wrong.

    Nice setup.

    Keep apologizing for thugs.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  6. #1246
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,024

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    NO, that is NOT my argument. My argument is that subduing a 6'3" 360LB man requires a gang approach when, as is evidenced in the video, the police on site are more like 5'8" and 170 lbs. It also happened to be that Garner was so frail that that method contributed to his death.
    Still lying? Here you are:

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Had he been a relatively healthy then a combative 6'3" 360LB Gardener would probably be more than the officers could handle.
    You made the what if argument based on a scenario only you seem to control. He wasn't combative at any point so there is no reason to suggest that if he'd be healthy, he would have been. Or do you know something we don't?

    You miss the point. The video you saw doesn't actually show what it claims to show. Was Garner choked to death?
    Didn't argue that. I argued police action led to his death.

    You and a lot of other folks here are putting all of your argument on what is seen in that video of the altercation and ignoring that the video is missing the crucial piece to substantiate your argument. That is, it's missing what happened just before the police chose to subdue Garner.
    There are literally 4 or 5 other videos filling in the blanks of what happened. There is zero evidence he proved to be combative in whatever was omitted. There aren't reports from the police. There isn't testimony from any witness. You're essentially applying the what if argument here again. Nobody is buying it.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #1247
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,685

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Is that trespassing?

    Is trespassing a death penalty offense?

    Do trespassers deserve illegal chokeholds?
    Again, the police intent was not to kill Eric Garner. Your ignorant "death sentence" bulls*** only hurts your already week argument.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  8. #1248
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Lmao - your lack of arguments is so ridiculously see through it's almost funny. Here are the ridiculous arguments you've made/agreed with so far:

    1. People have a right to defend themselves if they perceive police to be a threat to their lives but you don't get to actually determine whether it was a threat or not .....
    2. If this guy had been healthier he'd be threatening but the only way of knowing that is to assume that he would have reacted differently in a different scenario. (agreed with)
    3. Nobody can bring up what if scenarios unless those scenarios are meant to make Eric Garner look like a criminal.
    4. Police don't have to tell you you're under arrest.... but if you defend yourself against a perceived threat, the acceptable reason is that you didn't want to be arrested (agreed with).

    Please... stop this. You're defending the indefensible.
    Please get back to the thread topic instead of wasting time mischaracterizing my arguments, you're just not very good at it.

  9. #1249
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Too late.
    Yeah, Sharptones was standing next to the Wife as they handed NY a 750 Million dollar law suit.

    Which we know Al will be trying to get his hooks into that money. Truly Sharptones isn't anything but a leech and a punk. His been scamning with civil rights from his beginning. Like Jesse Jackson.....they were only along for the Ride.

  10. #1250
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Is that trespassing?

    Is trespassing a death penalty offense?

    Do trespassers deserve illegal chokeholds?
    Wow! Standing on a sidewalk is now "trespassing." The police groupie desperation continues to grow!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •