Page 124 of 276 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 2756

Thread: No Indictment in Chokehold Death [W:1903,2680]

  1. #1231
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,649

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Not all of them. The one who jumped him by surprise from behind with a chock hold. That was an outright violent illegal assault.
    Was it? I'd love to see the trial transcripts where it was determined that the officer is guilty of an outright violent illegal assault. Can you provide that? Or...wait....that was your OPINION...right?

  2. #1232
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,249

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    It feels like from watching the news America is ready to boil over.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  3. #1233
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,332

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Tresspassing? On a city sidewalk?

    Keep reaching for reasons to be for cops killing unarmed people selling cigarettes.
    He was peddling blackmarket cigarrettes in front of a convenience store. The store manager called in a complaint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #1234
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,666

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Ummm you are stating what if. Your argument is basically: What if he had been health!? Then he would have been dangerous! That's why they needed to act like they did. Ummm - you don't know what he would have been like if he'd been healthy. He could have reacted in the same way as he did and police action would still be seen as excessive.
    NO, that is NOT my argument. My argument is that subduing a 6'3" 360LB man requires a gang approach when, as is evidenced in the video, the police on site are more like 5'8" and 170 lbs. It also happened to be that Garner was so frail that that method contributed to his death.

    I saw the video 3 months ago. Move along with that ****.
    You miss the point. The video you saw doesn't actually show what it claims to show. Was Garner choked to death? No. He was put in a sleeper hold for 13 seconds and was very much alive afterward. Does it show that Garner did nothing to justify the arrest? No. The video cuts out for an indeterminate amount of time and comes back at the point of the arrest. Something in that period of time changed the police demeanor from standing cross armed to attempting to subdue him.

    Maybe he used the f-word and that's the smoking gun evidence that putting him in a chokehold was required.
    You and a lot of other folks here are putting all of your argument on what is seen in that video of the altercation and ignoring that the video is missing the crucial piece to substantiate your argument. That is, it's missing what happened just before the police chose to subdue Garner.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  5. #1235
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,019

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Get back to the topic of the thread which doesn't require making up scenarios or playing it's like this games.
    Lmao - your lack of arguments is so ridiculously see through it's almost funny. Here are the ridiculous arguments you've made/agreed with so far:

    1. People have a right to defend themselves if they perceive police to be a threat to their lives but you don't get to actually determine whether it was a threat or not .....
    2. If this guy had been healthier he'd be threatening but the only way of knowing that is to assume that he would have reacted differently in a different scenario. (agreed with)
    3. Nobody can bring up what if scenarios unless those scenarios are meant to make Eric Garner look like a criminal.
    4. Police don't have to tell you you're under arrest.... but if you defend yourself against a perceived threat, the acceptable reason is that you didn't want to be arrested (agreed with).

    Please... stop this. You're defending the indefensible.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #1236
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    So? It is a stupid thing for 5 cops to gang up on a guy for. Is NYC safer because they killed this master criminal?

    You just keep excusing cops breaking their own rules.

    Who calls the cops on the cops?
    The community, and guess what, internal affairs responds. Do you really not know this?

  7. #1237
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Heya Joko. Didn't they lay off the Cop who put the chokehold on and assign the other to desk duty? Those reprimands took place before it went to the GJ.

    I could see for excessive force for mashing the guys face into the sidewalk, while on his back.

    Civil Rights Violation.....no way!
    Candidly I don't know about that. It will be months before we really know, because if they do any reprimand then the police union will involve.

    I do not see Obama/Holder willing to take on the NYPD. Maybe a little noise about it, but nothing done in the end. If this was in Phoenix and the dead man Latino? Definitely.

  8. #1238
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,649

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Act normal and balanced to the situation. However, we do understand your view that they are to immediately attack and totally beat the person down.

    Once again, you have no proof whatsoever he was ever told he was under arrest.
    There was no 'beat down' and the grand jury did not indict him. Forget about a court trial...they cant even get an indictment based on the evidence at hand.

    You keep refusing to answer questions (even ones not posed to you that you feel the need to jump in on). Do cops get to arrest people? What do cops do when those people refuse to be detained ('resist arrest')?

  9. #1239
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    I hope Sharpton and the other race hustlers stay out of this one. They tend to de-legitimize everything they open their mouths about.
    Too late.

  10. #1240
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,019

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    The coroners report has to have a cause of death.
    Yes, it also has a cause of death for every killing, that has zero relevance to whether they're homicides or not. Thanks for not answering VanceMack.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •