Page 101 of 276 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2756

Thread: No Indictment in Chokehold Death [W:1903,2680]

  1. #1001
    Rule of Two
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,703

    Re: NYPD officer in Eric Garner chokehold death not indicted by Staten Island grand j

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Didn't Holder say he has been harassed by white police in the past?
    Discussing your experience with racial relations is not saying people of X group are there to harass you. Hell, if they were Condoleezza Rice would probably get thrown into the bunch of people who are racist.
    Peace is a lie. There is only Passion. Through Passion I gain Strength. Through Strength I gain Power. Through Power I gain Victory. Through Victory my chains are Broken. The Force shall free me.

  2. #1002
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rolesville, NC
    Last Seen
    06-22-18 @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    30,324

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Their cause of taking down Garner is dubious at best. They were not called to the scene to address Mr Garner at all! They were there to address a fight. There is no evidence relating to Mr. Garner selling anything illegally.

    So, at the outset, the entire process of arresting the man was not appropriate.

    Is the new standard to automatically submit to police regardless of your rights?
    It is better to submit and fight the court battle than not be allowed to do so at all because you die, especially in a case like this. How successful are you really going to be in this case unless you're batman?

    And we don't know what went on before the video started. I've seen a lot of mixed information. The cops claimed that they saw him sell to someone "in a red shirt", he claimed he didn't. There was also information about an undercover op to catch him selling. Again, we don't know just from the video who is lying, which is enough to say the arrest could have been legit.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #1003
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 02:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: NYPD officer in Eric Garner chokehold death not indicted by Staten Island grand j

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Uh no....he refused to follow through the courts...which is why the LEO's went to his ranch.

    Keep coddling your welfare queen heroes and cheering on cops killing guys for selling a cigarette.
    OK, I will if that is how you see it. Wrong as you are.

  4. #1004
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    06-04-18 @ 07:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Their cause of taking down Garner is dubious at best. They were not called to the scene to address Mr Garner at all! They were there to address a fight. There is no evidence relating to Mr. Garner selling anything illegally.

    So, at the outset, the entire process of arresting the man was not appropriate.

    Is the new standard to automatically submit to police regardless of your rights?
    There are a LOT of sheeple on this forum and in society. MOST people are sheeple, few are leaders and few are independent. These people tend to be police worshippers and armchair pretend they are police, meaning pretending their not sheeple. Others are just haters so always want everyone arrested who does anything different from what they would do. Wannabe cops are the worse at this.

    Curiously, those on the far left far right both have the same trait - only are opposite as to what aspect of government and power they claim people should be totally submissive too. On the right - cops. On the left - regulators.

    There is a lesser percentage of the population that will offer some resistance to being abused - even by those more power. It is ONLY because of such people that we have ANY human, civil and individual rights.

    Today? Some (definitely NOT most) officers they would have tazered Rosa Parks, thrown her to the floor twisting her arm behind her back and shoving her face into the floor - claiming she was "resisting arrest" when she refused to leave her seat. And the police of that city were largely very racist.

  5. #1005
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,949

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I see you don't have an argument. The police of an legal exception to assault people, but if their action falls outside of that exception then you can't make the argument their action was in fact legal. I'm sorry that your argument failed, but that is what happens when your argument is wrong.
    News flash...when an officer is placing you under arrest, that is not an 'assault'. When you resist arrest, it will invariably lead to a physical confrontation, one YOU will have caused by resisting arrest. But PLEASE...do it. And post the video.

  6. #1006
    Rule of Two
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,703

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    He did not die of homicide. What did he die of?
    No, he died because of the actions police took. That's why it was called homicide. Do you disagree? Or are you done claiming it was asthma and weight?
    Peace is a lie. There is only Passion. Through Passion I gain Strength. Through Strength I gain Power. Through Power I gain Victory. Through Victory my chains are Broken. The Force shall free me.

  7. #1007
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    44,150

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Yes it is relevant as it puts things in perspective. What was captured on the tape only tells one part. To deny that would be one with a lynch mob mentality. Lady Justice wears a blindfold that represents objectivity. The scales she holds are symbols for equality and fairness.
    No, it's not relevant. How does anything any "race hustler" has said affect anything we saw on that tape? Save your "Lady Justice" blather for someone easily suckered by platitudes.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  8. #1008
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    06-04-18 @ 07:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    He did not die of homicide. What did he die of?
    They will tell you "resisting arrest."

    It reminds me of an old book I read in which a coroner admitted he recorded every person killed by police in a police shootout as "suicide" - because in his view shooting at the police is an act of suicide - therefore no such person had ever been killed by police.

    Now "resisting arrest" is a biological cause of death to many police groupies, which, of course, is nonsensical.

  9. #1009
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 11:48 AM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    No moving ones hands away is resisting, attempting to prevent from being cuffed with ones hands behind their back. At this stage of an encounter.....the Officer will attempt to take control. That is what he is taught to do.
    So at one point moving your hands away means you just signed your ticket to be killed....


  10. #1010
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: No Indictment in Chokehold Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    That's just silly. It's not "assault" if you're actively resisting arrest or impeding an official police investigation.
    You mean legally it is not assault if you are actively resisting arrest or impeding an official police investigation. What was the probable cause to arrest him again?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •