Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 50

Thread: Glenn Beck must face Saudi's lawsuit over Boston Marathon bombing

  1. #31
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Glenn Beck must face Saudi's lawsuit over Boston Marathon bombing

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    I don't believe I've ever made an argument against gay marriage based on religion on this forum. I may be forgetting one or two times, but for the most part it's been all natural law. Of course, if a religion is true, it is a valid basis for law.



    I can't help it if you're ignorant.



    It's the predecessor to modern liberalism.
    You need to read up on that, you are WRONG.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Glenn Beck must face Saudi's lawsuit over Boston Marathon bombing

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You need to read up on that, you are WRONG.
    Which is ridiculous. The basic principle of liberalism, that government exists to preserve freedom, is the same. It's just that for the classical liberals, that was freedom from having to pay their workers a decent wage or from having to refrain from blaspheming God, for modern liberals it's freedom to kill children and have their employer pay for their contraception.

  3. #33
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Glenn Beck must face Saudi's lawsuit over Boston Marathon bombing

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Which is ridiculous. The basic principle of liberalism, that government exists to preserve freedom, is the same. It's just that for the classical liberals, that was freedom from having to pay their workers a decent wage or from having to refrain from blaspheming God, for modern liberals it's freedom to kill children and have their employer pay for their contraception.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Glenn Beck must face Saudi's lawsuit over Boston Marathon bombing

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    If you roll your eyes at reality that's your problem.

  5. #35
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Glenn Beck must face Saudi's lawsuit over Boston Marathon bombing

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    If you roll your eyes at reality that's your problem.
    Dude, you're ****ing clueless about classical liberalism. Now once you know something about it, you come talk to me. It is for small limited govt, dude. Get a clue.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Glenn Beck must face Saudi's lawsuit over Boston Marathon bombing

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Dude, you're ****ing clueless about classical liberalism. Now once you know something about it, you come talk to me. It is for small limited govt, dude. Get a clue.
    The Committee on Public Safety sure was the epitome of small government, wasn't it?

  7. #37
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: Glenn Beck must face Saudi's lawsuit over Boston Marathon bombing

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    No, but the raving liberals publishing information about the Ferguson officer's marriage, address, etc? They'd have a party if he was found and murdered.
    How is that defamation?
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  8. #38
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Glenn Beck must face Saudi's lawsuit over Boston Marathon bombing

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    I don't believe I've ever made an argument against gay marriage based on religion on this forum. I may be forgetting one or two times, but for the most part it's been all natural law. Of course, if a religion is true, it is a valid basis for law.
    Natural Law? What? You want to deny someone the same privileges you have because... nature?

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Glenn Beck must face Saudi's lawsuit over Boston Marathon bombing

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    Natural Law? What? You want to deny someone the same privileges you have because... nature?
    1. I don't have the "right" to "marry" a person of the same gender.

    2. "True law is right reason in agreement with nature"

  10. #40
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:53 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,809

    Re: Glenn Beck must face Saudi's lawsuit over Boston Marathon bombing

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    1. I don't have the "right" to "marry" a person of the same gender.

    2. "True law is right reason in agreement with nature"
    Well then -- same sex attraction is "in agreement with nature" -- Same-sex behavior seen in nearly all animals but what does this have to do with the topic of this thread
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •