Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 50

Thread: Glenn Beck must face Saudi's lawsuit over Boston Marathon bombing

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Glenn Beck must face Saudi's lawsuit over Boston Marathon bombing

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    Wait, you think states should have official religions? Sodomous civil unions? What the hell Paleo?
    That X is the fundamental truth of humanity logically entails that X should be supported by human authorities.

    Glenn Beck supports gay civil unions.

  2. #22
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Glenn Beck must face Saudi's lawsuit over Boston Marathon bombing

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    That X is the fundamental truth of humanity logically entails that X should be supported by human authorities.

    Glenn Beck supports gay civil unions.
    People can choose where they want to join a faith, you're talking about forcing religious ideas on those who do not believe as you do. That's a bit arrogant, not to mention wrong and absolutely against what what the settlers who came to this country, who by the way fled another oppressive religion.

    And why does it matter to you if gays want to be together? What's with the hate?

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Glenn Beck must face Saudi's lawsuit over Boston Marathon bombing

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    People can choose where they want to join a faith, you're talking about forcing religious ideas on those who do not believe as you do. That's a bit arrogant, not to mention wrong and absolutely against what what the settlers who came to this country, who by the way fled another oppressive religion.

    And why does it matter to you if gays want to be together? What's with the hate?
    1. I find it funny when liberals tell me what I just said, when I in fact said no such thing. Please tell me where I said anything about forcing people to convert.

    2. That the pilgrims did something does not make it right.

    3. Even though it doesn't affect the rightness of it, I'll point out that the pilgrims founded an even more religiously authoritarian state.

    It's immoral.

  4. #24
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Glenn Beck must face Saudi's lawsuit over Boston Marathon bombing

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    1. I find it funny when liberals tell me what I just said, when I in fact said no such thing. Please tell me where I said anything about forcing people to convert.

    2. That the pilgrims did something does not make it right.

    3. Even though it doesn't affect the rightness of it, I'll point out that the pilgrims founded an even more religiously authoritarian state.

    It's immoral.
    I never said you are forcing people to "convert", I said that you a forcing "religious ideas" on those who do not believe. The difference is that, while you may not be forcing them into the pews on Sunday morning, but making it a religious state, what you are doing are forcing them to live by laws that are purely religious in nature. The only reason, someone would pass a law to deny homosexuals the ability to marry is purely on religious grounds. There's no threat to you or your families livelihood there. It's not hurting anyone for two people to say they love you and want to be with each for the rest of their lives.

    Just as it is wrong when some ME country wants to stone women for infidelity, or not having their face covered in public, it's wrong for a Christian nation to deny gays the ability to marry based on nothing but religious dogma.

  5. #25
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,981
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Glenn Beck must face Saudi's lawsuit over Boston Marathon bombing

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    No, but the raving liberals publishing information about the Ferguson officer's marriage, address, etc? They'd have a party if he was found and murdered.
    You understand, of course, what libel is?
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  6. #26
    Formerly ModerateGOP
    NeverTrumpGOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Post-Trump America
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    10,618
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Glenn Beck must face Saudi's lawsuit over Boston Marathon bombing

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Beck has self-identified as a classical liberal.
    Please stop trying to make this a thing. It wasn't and never will be. Just a buzz word for a few people. The rest of the world knows what it means when it says liberal. You and your types are the only ones trying to change it and frankly it's a waste of time.
    There's no greater irony than a Trump supporter pointing out hypocrisy; Unless it's Trump himself.

  7. #27
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Glenn Beck must face Saudi's lawsuit over Boston Marathon bombing

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Beck has self-identified as a classical liberal.
    Dude Classical Liberalism is not modern liberalism.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #28
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Glenn Beck must face Saudi's lawsuit over Boston Marathon bombing

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    I think the guy has a good case against Beck. I expect the settlement would be somewhere in the neighborhood of what Richard Jewell got from NBC when Tom Brokaw went on the air and said that the FBI was close to arresting Jewell for the Atlanta Olympics bombing.
    Richard Jewell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Even though NBC stood by its story, the network agreed to pay Jewell $500,000.[9]
    On July 23, 1997, Jewell sued The New York Post for $15 million in damages, contending that the paper portrayed him in articles, photographs and an editorial cartoon as an "aberrant" person with a "bizarre employment history" who was probably guilty of the bombing.[13] He eventually settled with the newspaper for an undisclosed amount.[14]
    Jewell filed suit against his former employer Piedmont College, Piedmont College President Raymond Cleere and college spokesman Scott Rawles.[9] Jewell's attorneys contended that Cleere called the FBI and spoke to the Atlanta newspapers, providing them with false information on Jewell and his employment there as a security guard. Jewell's lawsuit accused Cleere of describing Jewell as a "badge-wearing zealot" who "would write epic police reports for minor infractions."[1]
    Piedmont College settled for an undisclosed amount.
    [11]
    Although CNN settled with Jewell for an undisclosed monetary amount, CNN maintained its coverage was fair and accurate.[18]
    Seems like he made out with a bit of money. Probably more than he would have earned during what was left of his life. If everything goes right for this kid, he's got his education completely paid for.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #29
    Educator Uncensored2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    06-02-15 @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    655

    Re: Glenn Beck must face Saudi's lawsuit over Boston Marathon bombing

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Beck has self-identified as a classical liberal.
    IF this still goes to court, it will hinge on whether the reports made by Beck were credible based on the available information. It is very unlikely that Alharbi can prevail. My guess is this is push for a settlement.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Glenn Beck must face Saudi's lawsuit over Boston Marathon bombing

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    I never said you are forcing people to "convert", I said that you a forcing "religious ideas" on those who do not believe. The difference is that, while you may not be forcing them into the pews on Sunday morning, but making it a religious state, what you are doing are forcing them to live by laws that are purely religious in nature. The only reason, someone would pass a law to deny homosexuals the ability to marry is purely on religious grounds. There's no threat to you or your families livelihood there. It's not hurting anyone for two people to say they love you and want to be with each for the rest of their lives.

    Just as it is wrong when some ME country wants to stone women for infidelity, or not having their face covered in public, it's wrong for a Christian nation to deny gays the ability to marry based on nothing but religious dogma.
    I don't believe I've ever made an argument against gay marriage based on religion on this forum. I may be forgetting one or two times, but for the most part it's been all natural law. Of course, if a religion is true, it is a valid basis for law.

    Quote Originally Posted by ModerateGOP View Post
    Please stop trying to make this a thing. It wasn't and never will be. Just a buzz word for a few people. The rest of the world knows what it means when it says liberal. You and your types are the only ones trying to change it and frankly it's a waste of time.
    I can't help it if you're ignorant.

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Dude Classical Liberalism is not modern liberalism.
    It's the predecessor to modern liberalism.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •