Page 29 of 58 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 579

Thread: Kennesaw City Council rejects mosque proposal

  1. #281
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Kennesaw City Council rejects mosque proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    What a convoluted way to admit you screwed up. You just used the expanding nature of scientific thought to prove a point about which religion was true. Ignoring the fact that science has proved many claims by the bible to be impossible... that's gotta be a pretty big gaffe.



    ... Please tell me you were home schooled....
    I can't help it if you can't follow a simple analogy.

  2. #282
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Kennesaw City Council rejects mosque proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    I can't help it if you can't follow a simple analogy.
    Oh no, I can follow a simple analogy, what I can't follow are your lazy attempts at mental acrobatics.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #283
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,135

    Re: Kennesaw City Council rejects mosque proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    Your flawed assumption is that mosque =danger

    Also yes I can say otherwise due to a little thing called the first amendment
    Actually I'm arguing for their right to live in a secure environment of their choosing. I personally have not argued against a mosque in my neighborhood.

    I secure my environment in other ways.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  4. #284
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Kennesaw City Council rejects mosque proposal

    Has anyone identified who the Muslims behind this mosque request are?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #285
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    suffolk. england
    Last Seen
    12-14-14 @ 08:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    345

    Re: Kennesaw City Council rejects mosque proposal

    Permission to build new mosques are very often refused in the UK..

    Not for any racist reasons, but there are just too many of them..and they want to build them BIG!!

    Four times the size of St Paul's cathedral to be precise..

  6. #286
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Kennesaw City Council rejects mosque proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    They probably will get sued.

    Governments have restrictions on the criteria they can legally use to enforce laws or settle disputes, similar to the way judges are required to follow the laws they are enforcing and the applicable case law. Zoning decisions can not be legally justified if the sect of the religion is the deciding factor rather than the law itself and the observable impact of the new use of the location.
    That's what the courts are for. If they did anything wrong, the courts can sort them out on that.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  7. #287
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Kennesaw City Council rejects mosque proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Actually I'm arguing for their right to live in a secure environment of their choosing. I personally have not argued against a mosque in my neighborhood.

    I secure my environment in other ways.
    Mosque != danger

    So your argument is invalid

  8. #288
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Kennesaw City Council rejects mosque proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    That's what the courts are for. If they did anything wrong, the courts can sort them out on that.
    It is stated in the article by the attorney for the group that they have filed suits in other towns and that they have all been settled out of court. This is a group and their lawyer making a proposal that they know will be unpopular in the most conservative areas they can find, not in the hopes of establishing a place of worship but in the hope that the populace will reject it so they can hide behind rhetoric for profit. It is a passive aggressive plan to extort money and nothing more. There is nothing to prevent these people from celebrating their religion.

  9. #289
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Kennesaw City Council rejects mosque proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    It is stated in the article by the attorney for the group that they have filed suits in other towns and that they have all been settled out of court. This is a group and their lawyer making a proposal that they know will be unpopular in the most conservative areas they can find, not in the hopes of establishing a place of worship but in the hope that the populace will reject it so they can hide behind rhetoric for profit. It is a passive aggressive plan to extort money and nothing more. There is nothing to prevent these people from celebrating their religion.
    It does seem a lot like a scam, but I think the courts can still sort that out.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  10. #290
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Kennesaw City Council rejects mosque proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    That's what the courts are for. If they did anything wrong, the courts can sort them out on that.
    Exactly what they want. It would be interesting to see how the money collected from previously settled cases was spent. Eventually somebody is going to look in to that and the practice will likely end. Quietly of course.

Page 29 of 58 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •