Page 23 of 58 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 579

Thread: Kennesaw City Council rejects mosque proposal

  1. #221
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Kennesaw City Council rejects mosque proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Don't misunderstand me... I think it's a dumbass move on their part to deny them the lease, but it doesn't violate their constitutional right to worship the god of their choice.

    Like I said, if the town tries to make Islamic beliefs illegal, then get back to me.

    btw, I really love it when socialists like yourself defend Muslims, because it proves true exactly what I have believed for a long time.. That the distain harbored by both socialists and those on the far left isn't toward religion in general, it's a hatred that's focused exclusively on Christianity.
    Re: Bolded Boy oh boy Grim, you're logic really sucks. Please prove socialists and the far left have hatred for Christianity.


  2. #222
    Educator
    Doppelgangirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,050

    Re: Kennesaw City Council rejects mosque proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Yes, I'm guessing you got the memo but just won't accept it.



    No, why would I believe in such a ridiculous idea? Different ways of doing things should only be treated equally if they are in fact equal. The belief in religious freedom proceeds from the implicit idea that they are equal.



    All the more reason for the government to officially recognize the true religion as such, so that local people in error won't be able to do that.



    Then I continue observing the true religion, albeit likely clandestinely.

    Interesting...

    I don't necessarily agree, but to each their own, I reckon...

    Such is the nature of freedom.

    Thanks for the honesty. It explains your responses in the thread well.

  3. #223
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Kennesaw City Council rejects mosque proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Those "rights" you so freely extend to any groups that wants them can get people killed and your children radicalized.

    So yes, I thought about it.
    Anything the government is allowed to do to one particular group of people, it can do to me and my friends later. I choose to keep my freedom and take the minimal risk.* Thanks.

    *Besides, it is oppressed people who most often feel that they need to resort to violence to be heard.

  4. #224
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Kennesaw City Council rejects mosque proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Why did the Kennesaw city council get petitioned if this wasn't their decision to make? And if it was their decision to make, then why all the bitching about them making the decision that was theirs to make? Like with everything else in this country.... if you don't think the government is acting right, sue 'em.
    They probably will get sued.

    Governments have restrictions on the criteria they can legally use to enforce laws or settle disputes, similar to the way judges are required to follow the laws they are enforcing and the applicable case law. Zoning decisions can not be legally justified if the sect of the religion is the deciding factor rather than the law itself and the observable impact of the new use of the location.

  5. #225
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,057

    Re: Kennesaw City Council rejects mosque proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    No. It takes a lawful government to decide to what extent false religions should be repressed.
    That is what I just said... and that being said, no religions may be oppressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  6. #226
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Kennesaw City Council rejects mosque proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by youngturk View Post
    They may stay peaceful but they'll never stop because self-victimization is a part of Islamic culture.

    For example Islamists ****ed my country but they are still making up stories, claming that they can't practice their religion freely.Accusing everybody that opposes mandatory religion classes for 4 yo kids of being intolerant bigots.

    This is the truth about Islam admit it and move on.
    Your argument might work except we have seen fundamentalist Christians do the same things in the USA. In fact they had a lot of success imposing their beliefs on others until the 196O's. That same behavior can be found throughout history and all over the world amongst many political, religious and other groups, it is not unique o Muslims.

  7. #227
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Kennesaw City Council rejects mosque proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    That is what I just said... and that being said, no religions may be oppressed.
    How is that at all the same as what you said?

  8. #228
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,057

    Re: Kennesaw City Council rejects mosque proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    How is that at all the same as what you said?
    Get people together of like mind... Congress. They can then attempt to legalize oppression.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  9. #229
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Kennesaw City Council rejects mosque proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Not allowing them to build a Mosque, is not denying them the right to practice their religion.

    Now if the town tries to make "Islam" illegal, then you would have something.
    If the town is prohibiting the facility use because of the religion of the users it is illegally denying them the right to practice their religion.

  10. #230
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Kennesaw City Council rejects mosque proposal

    I doubt it's some huge conspiracy. Kennesaw is a very conservative town with down to earth people and a very low crime rate. Whether or not the stigma of Islam today means anything to you, there are people who would rather not deal with the potential problems just to satisfy some theoretical equality standard supported by idealistic school kids throwing their morality from an academic high ground paid for by somebody else. Carry out your social experiments in your own back yard. Or move to Kennesaw and work on your neighborhood. Kennesaw is one of the biggest pro gun towns in the south. They have an ordinance that requires every household to have and maintain a firearm. Perhaps they were considering the safety of the Muslims in question.

Page 23 of 58 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •