Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 306

Thread: Utah man gets maximum sentence in hate crime case

  1. #121
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Utah man gets maximum sentence in hate crime case

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    1.)That law should be ruled unconstitutional because of the bolded above.
    2.) Can a simple burglary or car theft become a hate crime if the perp (as far as anyone can determine) only selects victims of a single race or religion?
    3.) I notice that they purposefully omitted gender, which is very curious indeed, perhaps to prevent rape (or domestic violence?) from becoming elevated to a hate crime.
    1.) nothing there thats unconstitutional
    2.) if there are facts and evidence that make it so yes and this has happened
    3.) i agree its weird not to have gender listed but im not sure its actually not taken into account, ive seen a good amount of different verbiage
    if it is actually not taken into account it should be and with it on there all domestic violence and rape would not fall under that you would still need evidence of gender motivation
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #122
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Utah man gets maximum sentence in hate crime case

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertie76 View Post
    Victim isn't only in regards towards violence. If someone vandalized my car I'm a victim of vandalization however it's a crime against my property. Try again
    lol no YOU try again because you still aren't getting it
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 04:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    Re: Utah man gets maximum sentence in hate crime case

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    lol no YOU try again because you still aren't getting it
    You're right explain to me how someone can commit a hate crime without a bias towards the victims identity or stop talking. Don't quote me the definition give me an example because I've refuted your interpretation of the definition

  4. #124
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Utah man gets maximum sentence in hate crime case

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertie76 View Post
    And again completely dodging my questions by simply saying your wrong your wrong.

    You made the claim that you can commit a hate crime without having a bias towards the identity of the victim and I simply asked how. You have dodged my question time and time again.

    The definition of bias towards "a" group would be used as if I as a white male am attacked by white supremacists because my wife is Vietnamese. That is still a bias towards my identity as someone who is married to someone Vietnamese. Now let's say I've never married or had any affair with a woman who is Vietnamese and the white supremacists still attack me, how would that be a hate crime?

    I've supported it with an educated argument you have not had any capability of countering.

    Translation, I'm not the only person that has said this. It's even been brought up previously in this thread

    My original post on this topic was about your opinion personally, are you suggesting you have no opinion?

    According to your accusation you have succeeded to many insults in this thread. In fact you've called me un American and a child before I said anything of the sort would you then admit that you have no intellectual response to support your failed claims by your criteria of insults

    I would like to know what fact your referring to, and what your initial interpretation of this fact is
    still nothing huh? i love the desperations, facts are still winging and your arguments still failing
    let me know when you have ONE fact that supports you . . . ONE
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #125
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Utah man gets maximum sentence in hate crime case

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertie76 View Post
    1.)You're right explain to me how someone can commit a hate crime without a bias towards the victims identity
    2.) or stop talking.
    3.)Don't quote me the definition give me an example because I've refuted your interpretation of the definition
    1.) yes i know facts are right
    2.) sorry you dont make the rules and being angry for being worng is just silly
    3.) no you havent i havent give you any interpretation of the definition only the definition. In fact you have been asking me for an interpretaiton and examples and claiming i didnt do what oyu want, NOW you claim i have given an interpretation and its been refuted?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #126
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,691

    Re: Utah man gets maximum sentence in hate crime case

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) nothing there thats unconstitutional
    2.) if there are facts and evidence that make it so yes and this has happened
    3.) i agree its weird not to have gender listed but im not sure its actually not taken into account, ive seen a good amount of different verbiage
    if it is actually not taken into account it should be and with it on there all domestic violence and rape would not fall under that you would still need evidence of gender motivation
    1) It is overly broad because if the crime was 99% for financial gain yet 1% racially motivated it could still be elevated to a hate crime (or not). Example "Yeah, I robbed that rich cracker".

    3) If gender is taken into account then on what legal basis?
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  7. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 04:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    Re: Utah man gets maximum sentence in hate crime case

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) yes i know facts are right
    2.) sorry you dont make the rules and being angry for being worng is just silly
    3.) no you havent i havent give you any interpretation of the definition only the definition. In fact you have been asking me for an interpretaiton and examples and claiming i didnt do what oyu want, NOW you claim i have given an interpretation and its been refuted?
    By bolding parts of the definition to support your claim that you don't have to be motivated by a bias towards the victims identity for a hate crime to occur and suggesting that because it stipulates property and suggests a bias for a race shows your interpretation of the definition.

    I however state property crime still creates victims and a personal bias towards the victims identity being the motivation is what a hate crime is. You aren't arguing with me your just refusing to be wrong by being willingly ignorant and not giving me any examples that's all

  8. #128
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Utah man gets maximum sentence in hate crime case

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    1) It is overly broad because if the crime was 99% for financial gain yet 1% racially motivated it could still be elevated to a hate crime (or not). Example "Yeah, I robbed that rich cracker".

    2) If gender is taken into account then on what legal basis?
    1.) I dont think that fits, would simply calling somebody a cracker after the fact show factual evidence that the robbery was racially motivated
    2.) i dont understand what you are asking
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #129
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Utah man gets maximum sentence in hate crime case

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertie76 View Post
    1.)By bolding parts of the definition to support your claim that you don't have to be motivated by a bias towards the victims identity for a hate crime to occur and suggesting that because it stipulates property and suggests a bias for a race shows your interpretation of the definition.
    2.) I however state property crime still creates victims and a personal bias towards the victims identity being the motivation is what a hate crime is. You aren't arguing with me your just refusing to be wrong by being willingly ignorant and not giving me any examples that's all
    1.) no thats not an "interpretation" that is highlighting what is FACTUALLY there lol

    if i show you that 2 + 2 = 4 and i bold the + and 4 thats not an interpretation, wow that is silly

    2.) yes i know what YOU said and it has not meaning to the definition and your statement being wrong and the answer being yes. You are arguing for what YOU something is and not what the actual definitions is because you still do not understand it. Again your mistake and your issue.

    facts still win and your claim still fails
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #130
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,691

    Re: Utah man gets maximum sentence in hate crime case

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) I dont think that fits, would simply calling somebody a cracker after the fact show factual evidence that the robbery was racially motivated
    2.) i dont understand what you are asking
    2) The definition (that you cited) of a hate crime does not include gender so how could victim selection based on gender qualify as a hate crime?
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •