Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 306

Thread: Utah man gets maximum sentence in hate crime case

  1. #111
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: Utah man gets maximum sentence in hate crime case

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertie76 View Post
    Ok no example given nice question dodge
    translation: you are incapable of understanding the answer and definitions given so you are deflection. Nobody honest, educated and objective will buy it though

    the definition and my answer proves you wrong, I even bolded the parts you should focus on lol
    let me know when that fact changes
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 04:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    Re: Utah man gets maximum sentence in hate crime case

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) which doesnt change the fact that the answer to YOUR question is yes
    2.) this is nothing more than you opinion that you cant back up with any facts and that many other laws are based on
    3.) theres no argument for that what so ever, if you disagree simply show me the link, law, rights, court cases that support it
    4.) not me. Law, rights, facts and the definition of those laws prove you wrong . . . remind us what you have supporting your claims besides "nu-huh and yeah-huh"

    good luck and let us know when you can prove, using facts its a thought crime and magically different lol
    1) ok it's a yes without any example to support your claim just because you say yes. You can commit a hate crime without any bias towards the victim identity, how? No answer just accept it

    2) you suggest it's my opinion but give me no concrete counter argument. Showing that yes it is my opinion but my opinion seems to be the correct opinion.

    3) there is an argument for that and I don't need to waste my time finding you any links simply the fact that I suggested it to you shows there's an argument for that. If you really want to find journalists and political thinkers that agree with me I will but your counter accusation doesn't counter my thesis it just simply says " you're wrong because I never heard of that before" it shows your childish behavior in understanding cause and affect of policy making

    4) so according to your response you can charge someone with a hate crime without having to prove that individual has a predisposed bias towards the victim. Then can you tell me what the point of hate crime legislation is?

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 04:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    Re: Utah man gets maximum sentence in hate crime case

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    translation: you are incapable of understanding the answer and definitions given so you are deflection. Nobody honest, educated and objective will buy it though

    the definition and my answer proves you wrong, I even bolded the parts you should focus on lol
    let me know when that fact changes
    My question remains unanswered by your lack of response. How can you charge someone with a hate crime without the person being motivated by a bias towards the victims identity. I read your response and I'd like either a hypothetical explanation or an actual case please explain to me how you can effectively do this.

  4. #114
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: Utah man gets maximum sentence in hate crime case

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertie76 View Post
    1) ok it's a yes without any example to support your claim just because you say yes.
    You can commit a hate crime without any bias towards the victim identity, how? No answer just accept it

    2) you suggest it's my opinion but give me no concrete counter argument. Showing that yes it is my opinion but my opinion seems to be the correct opinion.

    3) there is an argument for that and I don't need to waste my time finding you any links simply the fact that I suggested it to you shows there's an argument for that.
    4.)If you really want to find journalists and political thinkers that agree with me I will but your counter accusation doesn't counter my thesis it just simply says " you're wrong because I never heard of that before"
    5.)it shows your childish behavior in understanding cause and affect of policy making

    6) so according to your response you can charge someone with a hate crime without having to prove that individual has a predisposed bias towards the victim. Then can you tell me what the point of hate crime legislation is?
    1.) no its a yes because the definition makes it that way with the words bolded to help you figure it out lol
    2.) yes its true its only your OPINION if you disagree its YOUR jobe to prove it true. Its your claim, support it, but you cant
    3.) translation: you dont have any facts that supports your claim
    4.) why would i care about others OPINIONS when theres no facts?
    I can show you whole groups of people that think bush planned 9/11 and that Obama isnt a citizen doesnt make it a fact
    5.) boom! and there it is a failed personal insult.
    this is the typical response of a person who has no honest, intellectual and factual path left to support thier failed claims. Very telling.
    6.) wrong again, the answer of yes to your question is according to the law, not me. This fact keeps evading you but it doesnt stop being a fact.

    and again, please let us know when you can prove, using facts, its a thought crime and magically different. thanks
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #115
    Professor

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    06-21-17 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,577

    Re: Utah man gets maximum sentence in hate crime case

    I don't understand the hate crime designation. Isn't threatening to kill people already illegal?

  6. #116
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: Utah man gets maximum sentence in hate crime case

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertie76 View Post
    My question remains unanswered by your lack of response. How can you charge someone with a hate crime without the person being motivated by a bias towards the victims identity. I read your response and I'd like either a hypothetical explanation or an actual case please explain to me how you can effectively do this.
    the desperation and lies in your posts is getting very entertaining. Its not unanswered, you do not understand the answer or definition of the law/crime/ HUGE difference.

    THIS is your question "Can you be charged with a hate crime without a bias towards the victims identity"
    the answer is YES

    the definition of hate crime per the FBI
    Congress has defined a hate crime as a “criminal offense against a person or property motivated in whole or in part by an offender’s bias against A race, religion, disability, ethnic origin or sexual orientation.” Hate itself is not a crime—and the FBI is mindful of protecting freedom of speech and other civil liberties.

    also remember the question you asked yesterday or earlier in post 41 that will help you too

    i will get you to understand the facts sooner or later young padawan
    let me know if you get it yet
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #117
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: Utah man gets maximum sentence in hate crime case

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWanderer View Post
    I don't understand the hate crime designation. Isn't threatening to kill people already illegal?
    correct it is
    so is assault but if its found out you planned to kill but failed then you are charged with assault and attempted murder

    like many many laws there are many levels or additional charges that can be added based on motivated, reasoning and scale of crime
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 04:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    Re: Utah man gets maximum sentence in hate crime case

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) no its a yes because the definition makes it that way with the words bolded to help you figure it out lol
    2.) yes its true its only your OPINION if you disagree its YOUR jobe to prove it true. Its your claim, support it, but you cant
    3.) translation: you dont have any facts that supports your claim
    4.) why would i care about others OPINIONS when theres no facts?
    I can show you whole groups of people that think bush planned 9/11 and that Obama isnt a citizen doesnt make it a fact
    5.) boom! and there it is a failed personal insult.
    this is the typical response of a person who has no honest, intellectual and factual path left to support thier failed claims. Very telling.
    6.) wrong again, the answer of yes to your question is according to the law, not me. This fact keeps evading you but it doesnt stop being a fact.

    and again, please let us know when you can prove, using facts, its a thought crime and magically different. thanks
    And again completely dodging my questions by simply saying your wrong your wrong.

    You made the claim that you can commit a hate crime without having a bias towards the identity of the victim and I simply asked how. You have dodged my question time and time again.

    The definition of bias towards "a" group would be used as if I as a white male am attacked by white supremacists because my wife is Vietnamese. That is still a bias towards my identity as someone who is married to someone Vietnamese. Now let's say I've never married or had any affair with a woman who is Vietnamese and the white supremacists still attack me, how would that be a hate crime?

    I've supported it with an educated argument you have not had any capability of countering.

    Translation, I'm not the only person that has said this. It's even been brought up previously in this thread

    My original post on this topic was about your opinion personally, are you suggesting you have no opinion?

    According to your accusation you have succeeded to many insults in this thread. In fact you've called me un American and a child before I said anything of the sort would you then admit that you have no intellectual response to support your failed claims by your criteria of insults

    I would like to know what fact your referring to, and what your initial interpretation of this fact is

  9. #119
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,677

    Re: Utah man gets maximum sentence in hate crime case

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    "Congress has defined a hate crime as a “criminal offense against a person or property motivated in whole or in part by an offender’s bias against a race, religion, disability, ethnic origin or sexual orientation.” Hate itself is not a crime—and the FBI is mindful of protecting freedom of speech and other civil liberties."
    That law should be ruled unconstitutional because of the bolded above. Can a simple burglary or car theft become a hate crime if the perp (as far as anyone can determine) only selects victims of a single race or religion? I notice that they purposefully omitted gender, which is very curious indeed, perhaps to prevent rape (or domestic violence?) from becoming elevated to a hate crime.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 04:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    Re: Utah man gets maximum sentence in hate crime case

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    the desperation and lies in your posts is getting very entertaining. Its not unanswered, you do not understand the answer or definition of the law/crime/ HUGE difference.

    THIS is your question "Can you be charged with a hate crime without a bias towards the victims identity"
    the answer is YES

    the definition of hate crime per the FBI
    Congress has defined a hate crime as a “criminal offense against a person or property motivated in whole or in part by an offender’s bias against A race, religion, disability, ethnic origin or sexual orientation.” Hate itself is not a crime—and the FBI is mindful of protecting freedom of speech and other civil liberties.

    also remember the question you asked yesterday or earlier in post 41 that will help you too

    i will get you to understand the facts sooner or later young padawan
    let me know if you get it yet
    Victim isn't only in regards towards violence. If someone vandalized my car I'm a victim of vandalization however it's a crime against my property. Try again

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •