Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: U.S. considers opening new front against Islamic State to create a safe zone in Syria

  1. #11
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: U.S. considers opening new front against Islamic State to create a safe zone in S

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    There is a fourth option but nobody takes it seriously. That is start commissioning letters of marque and reprisal to PMC's and let them go play with ISIS. Also selling weapons and intelligence to the Kurds and let them handle ISIS and establish a Kurdish state. They would be more than amiable and we would stay out of the conflict.
    Libertarians confuse me. They oppose 'dangerous military adventurism' then tell you the answer is to allow corporate militias to go on an unsupervised rampage through the Middle East with official sanction of the United States government.

  2. #12
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,922

    Re: U.S. considers opening new front against Islamic State to create a safe zone in S

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    Libertarians confuse me. They oppose 'dangerous military adventurism' then tell you the answer is to allow corporate militias to go on an unsupervised rampage through the Middle East with official sanction of the United States government.
    Do you know what a letter of marque and reprisal is?
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  3. #13
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: U.S. considers opening new front against Islamic State to create a safe zone in S

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    Do you know what a letter of marque and reprisal is?
    Who doesn't at this point? It's only been the biggest Paulbot foreign policy suggestion other than 'end the war'. Sorry if I think licensing corporate militias to go traipsing after our enemies in reprisal raids and assaults, all in the name of the United States, isn't a great idea.

  4. #14
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,922

    Re: U.S. considers opening new front against Islamic State to create a safe zone in S

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    Who doesn't at this point? It's only been the biggest Paulbot foreign policy suggestion other than 'end the war'. Sorry if I think licensing corporate militias to go traipsing after our enemies in reprisal raids and assaults, all in the name of the United States, isn't a great idea.
    Do you know how they work?
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: U.S. considers opening new front against Islamic State to create a safe zone in S

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    Do you know how they work?
    Oh good grief.

  6. #16
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,922

    Re: U.S. considers opening new front against Islamic State to create a safe zone in S

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    Oh good grief.
    I got t5o go to bed. I will explain how it works later and illustrate it for you. You may be surprised how it really works. I will leave you with this. How does a PMC or privateer with a letter of marque and reprisal, get paid if we are not paying them, and they are paying us?
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  7. #17
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: U.S. considers opening new front against Islamic State to create a safe zone in S

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    I got t5o go to bed. I will explain how it works later and illustrate it for you. You may be surprised how it really works. I will leave you with this. How does a PMC or privateer with a letter of marque and reprisal, get paid if we are not paying them, and they are paying us?
    Your argument cant really boil down "No, no, no, we aren't paying them! We just sold them the license to kill and pillage." We are still obviously responsible for their activities and are sanctioning their behavior.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: U.S. considers opening new front against Islamic State to create a safe zone in S

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    There is a fourth option but nobody takes it seriously. That is start commissioning letters of marque and reprisal to PMC's and let them go play with ISIS. Also selling weapons and intelligence to the Kurds and let them handle ISIS and establish a Kurdish state. They would be more than amiable and we would stay out of the conflict.
    Mornin' Pirate. there is another option and it all involves under the table and off reservation solutions. But it also can give letters of Mark to those that would be willing to put an end to ISIS and any of their likes.

  9. #19
    Black Is Smart
    Van Basten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The New New Frontier
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 07:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,661

    Re: U.S. considers opening new front against Islamic State to create a safe zone in S

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    In the mean time, Iran is launching air stikes in Iraq.
    Link?

    Didn't know that, but it's gotta be anti-ISIS air strikes, so I can't complain.
    "We have more responsibility than power, I think. The newspaper can create great controversies, stir up arguments within the community or discussion, can throw light on injustices....just as it can do the opposite. It can hide things and be a great power for evil." -- Rupert Murdoch, 1968

  10. #20
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: U.S. considers opening new front against Islamic State to create a safe zone in S

    This should work great, I mean we've already turned Afghanistan and Iraq into safe zones.....oh wait
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •