Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 326

Thread: The St. Louis Rams’ ‘Hands Up, Don’t Shoot’ Protest [W:256]

  1. #281
    Guru
    GhostlyJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,712

    Re: The St. Louis Rams’ ‘Hands Up, Don’t Shoot’ Protest [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I have never seen the "libertarian position" of "It's okay to perpetuate a lie". Never. Show me where libertarians support lies.

    The officers issued a statement because the players lied. Their gesture implied - incorrectly - that the SLPD goes around shooting black men who have their hands up in surrender. The SLPD wasn't making a political statement - they were defending themselves against lies. You can't understand that.
    Libertarians can and do lie, but that's irrelevant to this. What happened in Ferguson is still a matter of dispute; there are still conflicting witness testimonies; but that, too, is irrelevant. The "hands up" gesture is a broader political statement protesting the treatment of citizens by police, the abuse of authority, and the double-standard of justice. Ferguson's unrest is a symptom of a much larger social ailment, and that is what these protests are really about.

  2. #282
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,180

    Re: The St. Louis Rams’ ‘Hands Up, Don’t Shoot’ Protest [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Everything that supports his 'beliefs'.

    The 'Rocket' way.
    Rocket-We must have reform because of abuse by police officers! Look! They shot me and I was innocently minding my own business. I even had my hands up and begged for my life and he still gunned me down in broad daylight.
    Mindless protesters-What? Thats outrageous! We must protest and riot until this cop is brought to justice! Hands up, dont shoot! Hands up, dont shoot!
    Rocket-I know, right?
    Mindless protesters-Wait...the grand jury didnt indict him? Riot! Burn this bitch down! How could they not indict him? This only goes to prove the abuse of our young black men!
    Rocket-Ummmmm....well...to be honest...they didnt REALLY kill me like I said.
    Public-Whut?!!!
    Rocket-No...I mean...IM still dead...but see...it turns out that I robbed a guy, tossed him around, walked down the middle of the street, told the responding officer to **** off, then attacked him while he was seated in his car. He warned me to stop while I was hitting him in the head, but I ignored it. He told me he was going to shoot but I told him he was too much of a pussy to shoot. Then he shot me, the asshole. So, you know...I ran a bit...but then decided **** it and charged him at which time he shot me several more times.
    Public-wait...that kinda seems like it was YOUR fault.
    Rocket-No way man...police brutality! End the military weapons!
    Mindless protesters-wait...what military weapons?
    Rocket-Well...you know...after it happened we stirred up a bunch of **** and set buildings on fire and the cops...can you believe it...THEY actually RESPONDED to our rioting, blocking streets, robbing, looting, and destruction.
    Mindless protesters-Those bastards! Attica! Attica!
    Observer speaking truth-Ummm...fellas...the evidence proves everything he said was a lie
    Rocket and Mindless protesters-So what man! Its just like...a belief, you know?
    And it all works as long as you have stupid people going along with your stupid lies.
    Is it all flaming and strawmen with you, or do you actually have something to add to the conversation?
    Last edited by rocket88; 12-02-14 at 12:45 PM.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #283
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,180

    Re: The St. Louis Rams’ ‘Hands Up, Don’t Shoot’ Protest [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Oh but we DO know the facts as presented by several eyewitnesses supported by the actual forensics evidence, dont we? And backed by the autopsies (you know...the ones conducted by the state, the fed, AND by a coroner in the Brown family employ) which also support the officers version as corroborated by several witnesses.

    So...your pathetic dodge aside...Did Mike Brown have his 'hands up'? Was he pleading 'dont shoot'? Did the cop execute him?

    Funny how you refuse to answer the most basic of questions. Hell, Rocket...you can even answer them based on your 'belief'.
    Were you there?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #284
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,714

    Re: The St. Louis Rams’ ‘Hands Up, Don’t Shoot’ Protest [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Were you there?
    Nope. I DO however have a computer and access to the facts. I know for example as a FACT that the people that spread the "hands up dont shoot' lie were in fact lying. I know they have recanted their testimony. I know several have been PROVEN to have been physically incapable to witness what they claim they witnessed. I know several made declarative eyewitness statements, then when told the physical and forensics made it impossible for their statements to be true, later admitted that they reported what they knew then filled in the rest with what they heard or from their own personal bias. I know one of the loudest mouths that said she witnessed the shooting, especially the hands up dont shoot phase was recorded pulling up to the scene 8 minutes after it occurred. Conversely, I know 3 independently conducted autopsies from 3 separate agencies representing the state, the fed, and the family of Mike Brown all corroborate the account as provided by officer wilson. I know that 7 eyewitnesses (that happen to be black) provided testimony prior to the grand jury and the disclosure of forensic evidence that corroborated the officers statement AND were supported by the physical evidence provided.

    No...Rocket. I wasnt there. I have to rely on facts, not bull**** lies that support my own personal bias.

    And why wont you answer those 3 very direct questions?
    Did Mike Brown have his 'hands up'? Was he pleading 'dont shoot'? Did the cop execute him?

  5. #285
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,714

    Re: The St. Louis Rams’ ‘Hands Up, Don’t Shoot’ Protest [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Is it all flaming and strawmen with you, or do you actually have something to add to the conversation?
    The facts speak for themselves, dont they?

    Why wont you answer 3 very direct questions, based on your 'beliefs'?

  6. #286
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,180

    Re: The St. Louis Rams’ ‘Hands Up, Don’t Shoot’ Protest [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Nope. I DO however have a computer and access to the facts. I know for example as a FACT that the people that spread the "hands up dont shoot' lie were in fact lying. I know they have recanted their testimony. I know several have been PROVEN to have been physically incapable to witness what they claim they witnessed. I know several made declarative eyewitness statements, then when told the physical and forensics made it impossible for their statements to be true, later admitted that they reported what they knew then filled in the rest with what they heard or from their own personal bias. I know one of the loudest mouths that said she witnessed the shooting, especially the hands up dont shoot phase was recorded pulling up to the scene 8 minutes after it occurred. Conversely, I know 3 independently conducted autopsies from 3 separate agencies representing the state, the fed, and the family of Mike Brown all corroborate the account as provided by officer wilson. I know that 7 eyewitnesses (that happen to be black) provided testimony prior to the grand jury and the disclosure of forensic evidence that corroborated the officers statement AND were supported by the physical evidence provided.

    No...Rocket. I wasnt there. I have to rely on facts, not bull**** lies that support my own personal bias.

    And why wont you answer those 3 very direct questions?
    Did Mike Brown have his 'hands up'? Was he pleading 'dont shoot'? Did the cop execute him?
    You weren't there, therefore you don't know what happened.

    The answers to your questions are all "I don't know, and neither do you." I guess they're only "facts" when they support what you want to hear. You say you're relying on facts and not lies that support your own bias, but you weren't there, you don't know what happened and you choose to believe these "facts" because they support your bias.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #287
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,206

    Re: The St. Louis Rams’ ‘Hands Up, Don’t Shoot’ Protest [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyJoe View Post
    Libertarians can and do lie, but that's irrelevant to this. What happened in Ferguson is still a matter of dispute; there are still conflicting witness testimonies; but that, too, is irrelevant. The "hands up" gesture is a broader political statement protesting the treatment of citizens by police, the abuse of authority, and the double-standard of justice. Ferguson's unrest is a symptom of a much larger social ailment, and that is what these protests are really about.
    Are they really? Why then do they not say that but instead disrupt vandalize and cry about the lack of an indictment? Does anyone anywhere really believe that as a result of these "protests" somehow the GJ will change its mind and indict officer Willson?

  8. #288
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The St. Louis Rams’ ‘Hands Up, Don’t Shoot’ Protest [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    Are they really? Why then do they not say that but instead disrupt vandalize and cry about the lack of an indictment? Does anyone anywhere really believe that as a result of these "protests" somehow the GJ will change its mind and indict officer Willson?
    I think what they are hoping for is to force the DA to re-open the case, issue new charges based on new evidence with a new GJ, one that will only come up with an indictment. Whether or not that is possible or probable is the next question.... and I don't know.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #289
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,714

    Re: The St. Louis Rams’ ‘Hands Up, Don’t Shoot’ Protest [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    You weren't there, therefore you don't know what happened.

    The answers to your questions are all "I don't know, and neither do you." I guess they're only "facts" when they support what you want to hear. You say you're relying on facts and not lies that support your own bias, but you weren't there, you don't know what happened and you choose to believe these "facts" because they support your bias.
    Yes...I choose to believe witness testimony supported by the facts (forensics and autopsy reports). Your comments are desperate and silly.

  10. #290
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: The St. Louis Rams’ ‘Hands Up, Don’t Shoot’ Protest [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyJoe View Post
    Libertarians can and do lie, but that's irrelevant to this. What happened in Ferguson is still a matter of dispute; there are still conflicting witness testimonies; but that, too, is irrelevant. The "hands up" gesture is a broader political statement protesting the treatment of citizens by police, the abuse of authority, and the double-standard of justice. Ferguson's unrest is a symptom of a much larger social ailment, and that is what these protests are really about.
    Wut? Who said anything about libertarians lying? That isn't what I asked you to show.

    Show me where it's part of the libertarian platform to condone lies.

    "Hands up" is a gesture related to Michael Brown, who didn't have his hands up. You and I both know that.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •