Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 326

Thread: The St. Louis Rams’ ‘Hands Up, Don’t Shoot’ Protest [W:256]

  1. #241
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    re: The St. Louis Rams’ ‘Hands Up, Don’t Shoot’ Protest [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Does anyone really care what a bunch of football players think?
    Does anyone really care what a MarineTpartier thinks?

  2. #242
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,198

    re: The St. Louis Rams’ ‘Hands Up, Don’t Shoot’ Protest [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    1-you are wrong. I have defended Obama and specifically on the subject being a socialist.
    2-no...they aren't entitled to an 'opinion' about facts. They ARE absolutely entitled to be wrong. They are entitled to ignore facts and make stupid decisions and label them a belief. You are entitled to defend their stupid decisions. But what you are doing is advocating that someone having an 'opinion' that 2+2=5 is their right. And see...that's not an opinion, that's a blatant, willful self deception. That's knowing better and still clinging to their stupidity. But again...you have the right to defend them.
    I didn't say they were right. I said they have a right to their opinion, and they have the right to express it. They did. There you go. They are allowed to have opinions that differ from yours.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #243
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    re: The St. Louis Rams’ ‘Hands Up, Don’t Shoot’ Protest [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    Does anyone really care what a MarineTpartier thinks?
    Jack Nicholson Advice.jpg
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  4. #244
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,198

    re: The St. Louis Rams’ ‘Hands Up, Don’t Shoot’ Protest [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    If we see some Rams players going down for various offenses soon, we'll know why lol
    So you're saying the police will nab someone without reason. And you're OK with that? Police overstepping their bounds is what the whole thing is about when you strip away the race baiting.

    But yeah, "libertarians" are fine with that.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #245
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    re: The St. Louis Rams’ ‘Hands Up, Don’t Shoot’ Protest [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    So you're saying the police will nab someone without reason. And you're OK with that?
    That's not what he's saying Rocket, He is saying that the Rams players get away with stuff because of their status as local celebrities. Now, maybe they won't get said preferential treatment.

  6. #246
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,962
    Blog Entries
    25

    re: The St. Louis Rams’ ‘Hands Up, Don’t Shoot’ Protest [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You're ok with these clowns promoting a lie?
    Free speech includes lies. If it didn't every politician in this country would be behind bars, in jail. As for Brown, I don't know what happened. There has been so many versions told one has lost track of how many. Every eye witnesses to the event tells several different stories. So basically one believes in the story one wants to believe in.

    There is no way anyone knows exactly what went down. There are way too many discrepancies. Am I going to get upset by the actions of 5 St. Louis players, no I am not. I have bigger fish to fry.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  7. #247
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    re: The St. Louis Rams’ ‘Hands Up, Don’t Shoot’ Protest [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    So you're saying the police will nab someone without reason. And you're OK with that? Police overstepping their bounds is what the whole thing is about when you strip away the race baiting.

    But yeah, "libertarians" are fine with that.
    Have you no clue about context? I had literally JUST EXPLAINED in the sentences before about how cops shield players from legal action. I even brought up the 49ers case where a cop a player knew was called to a domestic disturbance before 911 was called. Sorry about your fail.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  8. #248
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,092

    re: The St. Louis Rams’ ‘Hands Up, Don’t Shoot’ Protest [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    because it isn't true. You don't have a right to engage in political speech at your place of employment. If you did, you employers wouldn't be allowed to have those restrictions in the first place.
    Now all you have to do is show us those restrictions were in place.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #249
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    re: The St. Louis Rams’ ‘Hands Up, Don’t Shoot’ Protest [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    That's not what he's saying Rocket, He is saying that the Rams players get away with stuff because of their status as local celebrities. Now, maybe they won't get said preferential treatment.
    Thank you. Someone that actually understands the concept of context and not taking one sentence out of it.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  10. #250
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    re: The St. Louis Rams’ ‘Hands Up, Don’t Shoot’ Protest [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    It's not the same kind of statement, but it is a political statement.
    Anyone doing the "hands up, don't shoot" meme at this point is a conspiracy theory nutjob.

Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •