Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 82

Thread: Man dies after being struck by hammers

  1. #71
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,742

    Re: Man dies after being struck by hammers

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    He says he didn't do it.

    that post is completely bankrupt



  2. #72
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,910

    Re: Man dies after being struck by hammers

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    You do not need hammers to peacefully protest, do you? And there certainly isn't any information to suggest they were building something to protest with is there?
    No. This is a group armed with hammers at a time of deliberate unrest. Not carpenters on their way to work and clearly speaks speaks of premeditation to do harm.


    Your assessment is as strange as it is off.
    I specifically addressed intent as in "premeditation". Not motive.
    Matter of fact, in the OP I wondered why motive had not been released, which you know, makes it difficult to speak to any actual motive.


    So even though I never spoke to any motive, more information has come out after the initial report.
    Such as the following as reported on the following blog.

    EXCLUSIVE: Hammers Attack Video From South St Louis | Bob McCarty.
    Warning: A warning of Graphic language is attached to the video which can be found at the above link.
    The language is of the type that would be filtered out here with asterisks.
    A videographer is showing the police response to the attack and notes that the attack came immediately on the heels of individuals in the area running up and down the streets yelling for the death of white people.


    So while no actual motive has been let known, information is available to speculate as to what the motive was.
    Some in the area believed it was the individual's Bosnian heritage. Which may, or may not be the reason the Bosnian community (as noted in the OP) came out in protest.
    Or it could be related to what the people running up and down the streets were yelling.
    But it is hardly a wrong place at the wrong time incident as the police have now tried to assert.
    And even if it was, the intent to harm is still there.
    You were addressing a post regarding motive.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  3. #73
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Man dies after being struck by hammers

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    You were addressing a post regarding motive.
    No Kobie.
    As anybody can see from the emboldened and underlined, I was addressing his comment of "specific intent" not motive.
    That is the reason it was repeated in reply.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    I wonder why the police wont release the motive?
    Motives only matter in specific intent crimes, though I imagine that a jury could infer from the circumstances that the attackers were not trying to hammer nails and missed.
    Specific intent?
    iLOL
    The report said hammers. That is more than one.
    They were armed with hammers for a reason.
    That speaks of premeditation to do harm.
    By that rationale, anyone who has any sort of weapon on them can be judged to have intent and premeditation.

    Your statement has nothing to do with motive.

    You do not need hammers to peacefully protest, do you? And there certainly isn't any information to suggest they were building something to protest with is there?
    No. This is a group armed with hammers at a time of deliberate unrest. Not carpenters on their way to work and clearly speaks speaks of premeditation to do harm.


    Your assessment is as strange as it is off.
    I specifically addressed intent as in "premeditation". Not motive.
    Matter of fact, in the OP I wondered why motive had not been released, which you know, makes it difficult to speak to any actual motive.


    So even though I never spoke to any motive, more information has come out after the initial report.
    Such as the following as reported on the following blog.

    EXCLUSIVE: Hammers Attack Video From South St Louis | Bob McCarty.
    Warning: A warning of Graphic language is attached to the video which can be found at the above link.
    The language is of the type that would be filtered out here with asterisks.
    A videographer is showing the police response to the attack and notes that the attack came immediately on the heels of individuals in the area running up and down the streets yelling for the death of white people.


    So while no actual motive has been let known, information is available to speculate as to what the motive was.
    Some in the area believed it was the individual's Bosnian heritage. Which may, or may not be the reason the Bosnian community (as noted in the OP) came out in protest.
    Or it could be related to what the people running up and down the streets were yelling.
    But it is hardly a wrong place at the wrong time incident as the police have now tried to assert.
    And even if it was, the intent to harm is still there.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #74
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,910

    Re: Man dies after being struck by hammers

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    No Kobie.
    As anybody can see from the emboldened and underlined, I was addressing his comment of "specific intent" not motive.
    That is the reason it was repeated in reply.
    I think you took his "specific intent crimes" line out of context to go off on a tangent.

    It's patently obvious these guys were out to harm something or someone.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  5. #75
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Man dies after being struck by hammers

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I think you took his "specific intent crimes" line out of context to go off on a tangent.
    Think what you want.
    It was still what was being addressed.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    It's patently obvious these guys were out to harm something or someone.
    Now you get it.
    'Nough said.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #76
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,910

    Re: Man dies after being struck by hammers

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Now you get it.
    'Nough said.
    "Now I get it"? When have I stated otherwise?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #77
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Man dies after being struck by hammers

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Man dies after being struck by hammers

    Posted: Nov 30, 2014 2:41 PM CST Updated: Nov 30, 2014 2:41 PM CST

    ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI)-Police are investigating an overnight homicide in south St. Louis. It happened around 1:15am Sunday on Gravois and Itaska, near Bevo Mill. A man, identified as Zemir Begic, 32, was struck on the head, face, mouth, and abdomen. He was taken to a hospital where he died of his injuries.

    An investigation determined that Begic was in his car when several juveniles came up on foot and began to strike the car. Begic got out and the four suspects began yelling at him and hitting him with hammers. After the assault, the four ran away.

    Man dies after being struck by hammers | FOX2now.com


    Twitter is all a flutter with info.
    It was a Bosnian, and they went out and protested.

    I wonder why the police wont release the motive?
    St. Louis police: Man beaten to death with hammers - FOX 35 News Orlando

    Why is it when blacks kill whites its not a racial crime?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #78
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,910

    Re: Man dies after being struck by hammers

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Why is it when blacks kill whites its not a racial crime?
    It's not necessarily a "racial crime" when whites kill blacks, either.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #79
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Man dies after being struck by hammers

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    It's not necessarily a "racial crime" when whites kill blacks, either.
    Exactly, can you say Fergerson?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #80
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Man dies after being struck by hammers

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    "Now I get it"? When have I stated otherwise?
    So now you are not getting what I was responding to? More strangeness indeed.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •