Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 234

Thread: NOAA: 2014 is shaping up as hottest year on record[W:199]

  1. #171
    Educator Meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    02-22-15 @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    677

    Re: NOAA: 2014 is shaping up as hottest year on record

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    You mean the ones that have predicted record warming over the last 30 years?

    They worked just fine. You just lived through the warmest October ever recorded.
    I mean linking the cause. Trust me, there have been warmer Octobers.

  2. #172
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: NOAA: 2014 is shaping up as hottest year on record

    I saw someone defending the peer review process in climate papers earlier in the thread. Reminded me of another infamous Jones email:

    In one e-mail, dated July 2004, Jones wrote to Mann: "I can't see either of these papers being in the next IPCC report. Kevin [Trenberth] and I will keep them out somehow — even if we have to redefine what the peer-review literature is!"
    Jones is almost better than Gruber.

  3. #173
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,535

    Re: NOAA: 2014 is shaping up as hottest year on record

    Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    I mean linking the cause. Trust me, there have been warmer Octobers.
    I've read your posts.
    You haven't demonstrated much reason to trust you.

    The guys who are educated and spend their professional careers on this stuff say it was warmest vs. Some anonymous dude on the net that's either too lazy or incompetent to find a link to his claim.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  4. #174
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,258

    Re: NOAA: 2014 is shaping up as hottest year on record

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    LOL. And none of the scientists who use this data daily say anything because they are a part of the Grand Conspiracy.
    I think it's more likely they use it because they don't have anything else. So you have nothing to offer to dispute the claim made in the linked article I take it, or you'd already have mentioned something of substance. You know, something more than LOL.

  5. #175
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,400

    Re: NOAA: 2014 is shaping up as hottest year on record

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post


    This doesn't include the last two years but those records in the 20s and 30s still stand.
    The continuous US constitutes less than 5% of the world's surface, so what is your point??
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  6. #176
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,400

    Re: NOAA: 2014 is shaping up as hottest year on record

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Well, for one, those mountains aren't the same place on the globe as they were 30 years ago. The plates are moving and they may be located in a place where 40 feet to the west or south makes a difference. There's probably a whole lot more blacktop in the area than there was 30 years ago, blacktop collects and reflects heat pushing weather higher up the mountain (that's what happens when warm wind strike a mountain range). Could be your memory isn't what it used to be, Have you checked old Almanacs going back thirty years to see what actually happened?
    Those mountains would have moved a maximum of 29 centimeters over the course of 30 years. You really should brush up on your plate tectonics.

    Snow lines moving up in altitude, as well as tree lines, and the retreat of alpine glaciers is happening in almost all mountain ranges across the globe.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  7. #177
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: NOAA: 2014 is shaping up as hottest year on record

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Just a little something to foster debate on the forum



    Then we have yet one more reason, too many Americans don't believe the science


    "See, I told you warmists - it's not getting any hotter, in fact temperatures have dropped slightly." say far too many clueless folks who for some reason think their personal experience is good for the whole world.
    I call bull****, no way it's been warmer. I know my area it certainly hasn't.

  8. #178
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,353

    Re: NOAA: 2014 is shaping up as hottest year on record

    Quote Originally Posted by KLATTU View Post
    You are argung with one of the few remaining pause deniers in the warmist camp.even the hard core warmists like Trenberth and Schmidy have have given up on that one. LOL
    I wonder if you can see the "trends" in this graph a little more clearly. Warming has not stopped at all.



    The Oceans have continued to warm also....
    Water stores an immense amount of heat compared with air. It takes more than 1000 times as much energy to heat a cubic metre of water by 1 degree Celsius as it does the same volume of air. Since the 1960s, over 90% of the excess heat due to higher greenhouse gas levels has gone into the oceans, and just 3% into warming the atmosphere (see figure 5.4 in the IPCC report (PDF)).

    Globally, this means that if the oceans soak up a bit more heat energy than normal, surface air temperatures can fall even though the total heat content of the planet is rising. Conversely, if the oceans soak up less heat than usual, surface temperatures will rise rapidly.In fact, most of the year-to-year variability in surface temperatures is due to heat sloshing back and forth between the oceans and atmosphere, rather than to the planet as a whole gaining or losing heat.

    The record warmth of 1998 was not due to a sudden spurt in global warming but to a very strong El Niño (see figure, right). In normal years, trade winds keep hot water piled up on the western side of the tropical Pacific.
    Climate myths: Global warming stopped in 1998 - environment - 15 August 2008 - New Scientist

    See how easy it is to learn something?

  9. #179
    Educator Meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    02-22-15 @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    677

    Re: NOAA: 2014 is shaping up as hottest year on record

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    I've read your posts.
    You haven't demonstrated much reason to trust you.

    The guys who are educated and spend their professional careers on this stuff say it was warmest vs. Some anonymous dude on the net that's either too lazy or incompetent to find a link to his claim.
    You only have 130 years to work with, I have thousands.
    Greenland didn't get its name being snowbound. Chew on that awhile.

  10. #180
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,535

    Re: NOAA: 2014 is shaping up as hottest year on record

    Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    You only have 130 years to work with, I have thousands.
    Greenland didn't get its name being snowbound. Chew on that awhile.
    Well, when you look at the long term stuff, it looks worse.

    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417562968.989391.jpg

    Chew on that a while.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •