Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 234

Thread: NOAA: 2014 is shaping up as hottest year on record[W:199]

  1. #161
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,644

    Re: NOAA: 2014 is shaping up as hottest year on record

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    It's worse than just manipulation. It's flat out made up in some instances. I keep posting this because this particular data base is the data base for historic temperature that NOAA and various other agencies, including the IPCC, rely on to produce histories and trend lines. Not one of the AGW crowd here seems to want to address it.

    'Botch after botch after botch' | Columnists | Opinion | Toronto Sun

    Yes, it's old news. However, they still use this data base. They just don't want to admit it because it makes the temperature history extremely doubtful, and that's being generous.
    This data base (Hadcrut) correlated very well to other databases, including GISS.

    The chances of both databases being as unreliable as you say, yet mirroring each other for decades suggests that your post is full of BS.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  2. #162
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,644

    Re: NOAA: 2014 is shaping up as hottest year on record

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Ahhh, the infamous Jones study of Chinese station data.... published at Skeptical Science no less... Jones is the star of Climategate, need I say more?

    Jones' co-author of this paper, Wei-Chyung Wang, provided Chinese station data. Jones didn't bother to verify the data and it turns out the stations had moved multiple times negating their usefulness. The paper has been discredited.

    Jones is also the guy that wrote that he "just completed Mike's Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years to hide the decline". In other words, he admitted to scientific fraud.

    By the way, that's the "decline" that some of you refuse to admit has occurred.
    No. Just, no.

    You've gotten so many things wrong in this post, I won't even bother to enumerate them.

    It's like a six year old with a college physics textbook. The language is there, but not much else.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  3. #163
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: NOAA: 2014 is shaping up as hottest year on record

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    It's worse than just manipulation. It's flat out made up in some instances. I keep posting this because this particular data base is the data base for historic temperature that NOAA and various other agencies, including the IPCC, rely on to produce histories and trend lines. Not one of the AGW crowd here seems to want to address it.

    'Botch after botch after botch' | Columnists | Opinion | Toronto Sun

    Yes, it's old news. However, they still use this data base. They just don't want to admit it because it makes the temperature history extremely doubtful, and that's being generous.
    Anyone leading off with the old "trick to hide the decline" nonsense is uninformed on the subject and should not be listened to.

    Bad database software doesn't mean the data is suspect. And, you are aware that all of the data can be verified, right? Like, you weren't really under the impression that a university over in the UK is the proprietor of all the world's temperature data, right? You don't think, like, the US National Weather Service also has that information, maybe?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #164
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,266

    Re: NOAA: 2014 is shaping up as hottest year on record

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    This data base (Hadcrut) correlated very well to other databases, including GISS.

    The chances of both databases being as unreliable as you say, yet mirroring each other for decades suggests that your post is full of BS.
    Actually, the content of the article I linked to demonstrates that the entire data base is BS.

  5. #165
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,644

    Re: NOAA: 2014 is shaping up as hottest year on record

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    Actually, the content of the article I linked to demonstrates that the entire data base is BS.
    Not in the least.

    But we all understand...it's all you've got.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  6. #166
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: NOAA: 2014 is shaping up as hottest year on record

    Quote Originally Posted by Baralis View Post
    Let us assume that GW is real and that man plays a significant role. Why should I care?

    I know that question may seem harsh but I honestly wish to know why I should really be concerned about it. Being on the latter half of my life what changes may happen that will significantly affect me personally?

    If that seems a bit selfish than you would be correct. I have very little sympathy when it comes to humans. We are the most destructive force on the planet that by large could care less what our behavior does to other species or the planet. GW's possible affects personally bothers me more because of what it may mean for other life on the planet that played no part than I am about humans. As far as I am concerned if GW causes mankind great hardship or extinction it would be just what we asked for. We (most) totally disregard other life in our day to day, we do not even consider them we are so self absorbed. Why do we deserve anything better than self annihilation?
    I was going to type something - but your post beat me to it (cannot rep you for it for some reason).

    I agree with every word 100%.

    I would just add that I feel guilt free (practically) in this mess. I try all that conservation stuff (within reason) - so my conscious is clear.

    If human kind is monumentally stupid enough to eradicate themselves because of this - then they got everything they deserved...I am quite sure the universe will not miss humanity one iota.

    Quite frankly, I think humanity is (so far) worse then useless. I do not wish it harm, but if it dies out after I (and everyone I love) is gone...so what?

  7. #167
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,266

    Re: NOAA: 2014 is shaping up as hottest year on record

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Anyone leading off with the old "trick to hide the decline" nonsense is uninformed on the subject and should not be listened to.
    Telling. I didn't mention hiding the decline, anyway. I mentioned a corrupt data base.

    Bad database software doesn't mean the data is suspect. And, you are aware that all of the data can be verified, right? Like, you weren't really under the impression that a university over in the UK is the proprietor of all the world's temperature data, right? You don't think, like, the US National Weather Service also has that information, maybe?
    You didn't read the article. The CRU has the largest and most utilized temperature data base in the world, and a portion of that data is simply made up. The only mention of the software involved is to assert that the data base didn't function properly unless data was provided for every site listed. Nice attempt to deflect and change the subject. And no, the CRU isn't the only source of data - just the source for NOAA, the IPCC, and the global temperature measurements supplied to agencies like the US National Weather Service for global temperature records

  8. #168
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,266

    Re: NOAA: 2014 is shaping up as hottest year on record

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Not in the least.

    But we all understand...it's all you've got.
    No. Unfortunately, it's all you have, and it's basically a corrupt source, as the employee at CRU admits.

  9. #169
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: NOAA: 2014 is shaping up as hottest year on record

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Anyone leading off with the old "trick to hide the decline" nonsense is uninformed on the subject and should not be listened to.
    You're right.... Phil Jones should not be listened to.

  10. #170
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,644

    Re: NOAA: 2014 is shaping up as hottest year on record

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    No. Unfortunately, it's all you have, and it's basically a corrupt source, as the employee at CRU admits.
    LOL. And none of the scientists who use this data daily say anything because they are a part of the Grand Conspiracy.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •