Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 169

Thread: Ferguson officer who shot Michael Brown resigns

  1. #81
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,878

    Re: Ferguson officer who shot Michael Brown resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Si, you lied. Got it!


    Where did I lie?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  2. #82
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,126
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Ferguson officer who shot Michael Brown resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Of course it does, especially all you have to do is say "well I felt threatened and scared".
    Maybe in the world of a socialist, a criminal who just robbed a store, assaulted the owner of that store, and then proceeded to attack and threaten the life of a law enforcement officer, doesn't justify that officer defending himself with deadly force... But in the real world, it does...

    Thank you for demonstrating the danger those of your ideology pose to the United States, and by all means keep up the good work.

  3. #83
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,126
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Ferguson officer who shot Michael Brown resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Si, you lied. Got it!
    He doesn't lie... He makes up things to prop up his ideological beliefs and when you call him on it, he generally runs away.... Oh wait a second, aren't lying and making things up the same thing?

  4. #84
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,068

    Re: Ferguson officer who shot Michael Brown resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    He did nothing wrong. He most likely will not have to.

    Since when did we start thinking punishing people for doing there job is OK?
    The GJ chose not to charge him. They did not find that he did anything criminally wrong (or, there wasn't enough evidence such).... no determination has ever been made that Wilson did nothing wrong. You can say that he did nothing criminal; but you really have no basis to say he did nothing wrong.

  5. #85
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,068

    Re: Ferguson officer who shot Michael Brown resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Maybe in the world of a socialist, a criminal who just robbed a store, assaulted the owner of that store, and then proceeded to attack and threaten the life of a law enforcement officer, doesn't justify that officer defending himself with deadly force... But in the real world, it does...

    Thank you for demonstrating the danger those of your ideology pose to the United States, and by all means keep up the good work.
    You can not make any determination that Brown was criminal..... you are convicting him without a trial, due process or his ability to defend himself. Its pure speculation on your part. Moreover, that status is completely irrelevant to what took place later. The altercation between Brown and Wilson had nothing to do with the incident in the convenience store.

    People want to label Brown a thug because somehow that makes is life worthless and justifies the killing.

    This is a bad situation with wrongs by almost everyone associated with the events of that day and all of the events since. I have never seen so many people F-Up so many things around one event. It makes me think of Missouri as the "Show Me Just One Element of Competence" State
    Last edited by upsideguy; 12-01-14 at 01:16 AM.

  6. #86
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,126
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Ferguson officer who shot Michael Brown resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    You can not make any determination that Brown was criminal..... you are convicting him without a trial, due process or his ability to defend himself. Its pure speculation on your part.
    The footage from the security camera is clear... He robbed that store and assaulted the person working there when he was confronted by him.

    If you want to play dumb in order to prop up your beliefs, then have at it... I'll stick with the truth.




    Moreover, that status is completely irrelevant to what took place later. The altercation between Brown and Wilson had nothing to do with the incident in the convenience store.
    It had everything to do with the kind of person Brown was... It clearly showed he was a thug.



    People want to label Brown a thug because somehow that makes is life worthless and justifies the killing.
    No, I just labeled him a thug because that's what he demonstrated himself to be in the store he robbed... Whether he deserved to die or not is a judgment call I will not make, but we do know this... The police officer had a right to defend himself from Browns attack, and do so with deadly force.




    This is a bad situation with wrongs by almost everyone associated with the events of that day and all of the events since. I have never seen so many people F-Up so many things around one event. It makes me think of Missouri as the "Show Me Just One Element of Competence" State
    I've had quite enough of this liberal equivalency BS... The one and only person to blame for Brown's death, is Brown himself. He robbed the store... He assaulted the clerk... He attacked the police officer... He refused to stop attacking the police officer and was well aware of the consequences of doing so.

    Officer Wilson did his job and defended his life as he was trained to do. He is not guilty of anything here.
    Mr. Brown's actions are 100% responsible for his death.

    Embrace reality and live with it.

  7. #87
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,008

    Re: Ferguson officer who shot Michael Brown resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    You can not make any determination that Brown was criminal..... you are convicting him without a trial, due process or his ability to defend himself. Its pure speculation on your part. Moreover, that status is completely irrelevant to what took place later. The altercation between Brown and Wilson had nothing to do with the incident in the convenience store.
    So is Browns friend that was with him in the store and the family lawyer lying when they state he did not pay for the cigars. Not a major crime, but it is shoplifting.

    Technically you are correct that Brown has not had his day in court. But neither has Wilson. So why you finding him so guilty when the GJ did not find enough evidence to hold Wilson for trial.

  8. #88
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Ferguson officer who shot Michael Brown resigns

    Unless there's any other indication of wrongdoing that we are unaware of, there is no reason he could not find employment as a police officer somewhere else.

    I imagine a lot of people in Ferguson will be similarly moving after all this mess.

  9. #89
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,068

    Re: Ferguson officer who shot Michael Brown resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    The footage from the security camera is clear... He robbed that store and assaulted the person working there when he was confronted by him.

    If you want to play dumb in order to prop up your beliefs, then have at it... I'll stick with the truth.






    It had everything to do with the kind of person Brown was... It clearly showed he was a thug.





    No, I just labeled him a thug because that's what he demonstrated himself to be in the store he robbed... Whether he deserved to die or not is a judgment call I will not make, but we do know this... The police officer had a right to defend himself from Browns attack, and do so with deadly force.






    I've had quite enough of this liberal equivalency BS... The one and only person to blame for Brown's death, is Brown himself. He robbed the store... He assaulted the clerk... He attacked the police officer... He refused to stop attacking the police officer and was well aware of the consequences of doing so.

    Officer Wilson did his job and defended his life as he was trained to do. He is not guilty of anything here.
    Mr. Brown's actions are 100% responsible for his death.

    Embrace reality and live with it.
    Let's start with the idea that in your mind he committed robbery, which is a felony. Actually, the description of the event is much more of a shoplift, which is a petty offense. How is it that you get to decide it was a felony, by you looking at just one piece of evidence? I bet you or your son or someone else you loved has shoplifted once..... you thug! He never had a day in court to determine what really went on in the store. Fortunately, we have you to stand in judgement. Thank you for helping us shift through the complications.

    You don't know, but you claim to know. These things are all true in your mind because you do stand in judgement, all knowing one. Modesty and humility are not your strong suit, as getting here requires many leaps of faith. Thank you God (who you must be since you seem to know exactly what happened), for posting to DP and straightening us all out.

    That is one way to look at it. The other way to look at it is as complete Conservative BS where people disregard facts (we really don't know the facts, because they really haven't been presented) and just put things in boxes and those boxes labeled as good guys (angels) and bad guys (evil beings). In your world, people that are good are wholesome and people that are bad are pure evil and worthy of death. Sorry, but life really doesn't work that neatly. There is nuance in almost everything; there is good and evil at play in all of us. In this case, there seems to be more evil than anything; there are just a lot of bad actors involved.

    From the Governor to the DA to the Chief of Ferguson Police to the leadership of the St Louis County Police to Officer Wilson to Michael Brown there is enough blame to go around for the killing, the investigation of the events, the "prosecution" and the crowd control. The whole thing is one huge tragedy of incompetence, including all the people that post here thinking this is just all about Brown being "a thug" and therefore his killing is just good riddance.
    Last edited by upsideguy; 12-01-14 at 11:39 AM.

  10. #90
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,068

    Re: Ferguson officer who shot Michael Brown resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    So is Browns friend that was with him in the store and the family lawyer lying when they state he did not pay for the cigars. Not a major crime, but it is shoplifting.

    Technically you are correct that Brown has not had his day in court. But neither has Wilson. So why you finding him so guilty when the GJ did not find enough evidence to hold Wilson for trial.
    Yes, its shoplifting, which is a petty offense. People have escalated it to robbery, which is a felony. Again, there were never charges on this, nor a trial..... Moreover, it was not said to be a factor in the altercation, so its completely irrelevant to the events that occurred after.
    Last edited by upsideguy; 12-01-14 at 11:36 AM.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •