Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 169

Thread: Ferguson officer who shot Michael Brown resigns

  1. #91
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,008

    Re: Ferguson officer who shot Michael Brown resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Yes, its shoplifting, which is a petty crime. People have escalated it to robbery, which is a felony.
    imo, the shoplifting has little to nothing to do with the incident. Brown was not shot because he shoplifted cigars.

  2. #92
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,135
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Ferguson officer who shot Michael Brown resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    These things are all true in your mind because you do stand in judgement, all knowing one. Modesty and humility are not your strong suit, as getting here requires many leaps of faith. Thank you God (who you must be since you seem to know exactly what happened), for posting to DP and straightening us all out.

    That is one way to look at it. The other way to look at it is as complete Conservative BS where people disregard facts (we really don't know the facts, because they really haven't been presented) and just put things in boxes.you
    My "judgement" is based on the facts... The same facts that led a Grand Jury to determine that Officer Wilson did nothing wrong.

    The witnesses against Wilson were proven liars by the forensic evidence... That is "Science" not my belief.
    The witnesses who corroborated Wilson were supported by the forensic evidence... That is "Science" not my belief.

    Call me anything you like but my judgement is based on facts, not a political ideology that is determined to pit balck people against white people to remain relvant.

  3. #93
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,135
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Ferguson officer who shot Michael Brown resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Yes, its shoplifting, which is a petty offense. People have escalated it to robbery, which is a felony. Again, there were never charges on this, nor a trial..... Moreover, it was not said to be a factor in the altercation, so its completely irrelevant to the events that occurred after.
    There were never charges because he ended up dead due to his violent actions against Officer Wilson.

    The video tape does not lie... It shows exactly who and what Brown was and your continued defense of the man after a Grand Jury determined that Officer Wilson did not do anything that was out of line, is a testiment to why liberalism is so dangerous to our society.

  4. #94
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,095

    Re: Ferguson officer who shot Michael Brown resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    Unless there's any other indication of wrongdoing that we are unaware of, there is no reason he could not find employment as a police officer somewhere else.

    I imagine a lot of people in Ferguson will be similarly moving after all this mess.
    I can't think of any reason why anyone would want to stay in Ferguson.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  5. #95
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,444

    Re: Ferguson officer who shot Michael Brown resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by CMPancake View Post
    Can you name other examples of Police Officers that killed black men and women that had their lives ruined by mobs of angry people?
    He is talking about going forward from here.

    If it worked here, it will work in other places, so watch out now.

  6. #96
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,824

    Re: Ferguson officer who shot Michael Brown resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I can't think of any reason why anyone would want to stay in Ferguson.
    To riot and loot some more?
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  7. #97
    Jokes Are a Cry For Help.
    CMPancake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,961
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ferguson officer who shot Michael Brown resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    He is talking about going forward from here.

    If it worked here, it will work in other places, so watch out now.
    You can't honestly be that dense...

  8. #98
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,444

    Re: Ferguson officer who shot Michael Brown resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Let's start with the idea that in your mind he committed robbery, which is a felony. Actually, the description of the event is much more of a shoplift, which is a petty offense. How is it that you get to decide it was a felony, by you looking at just one piece of evidence? I bet you or your son or someone else you loved has shoplifted once..... you thug! He never had a day in court to determine what really went on in the store. Fortunately, we have you to stand in judgement. Thank you for helping us shift through the complications.

    You don't know, but you claim to know. These things are all true in your mind because you do stand in judgement, all knowing one. Modesty and humility are not your strong suit, as getting here requires many leaps of faith. Thank you God (who you must be since you seem to know exactly what happened), for posting to DP and straightening us all out.

    That is one way to look at it. The other way to look at it is as complete Conservative BS where people disregard facts (we really don't know the facts, because they really haven't been presented) and just put things in boxes and those boxes labeled as good guys (angels) and bad guys (evil beings). In your world, people that are good are wholesome and people that are bad are pure evil and worthy of death. Sorry, but life really doesn't work that neatly. There is nuance in almost everything; there is good and evil at play in all of us. In this case, there seems to be more evil than anything; there are just a lot of bad actors involved.

    From the Governor to the DA to the Chief of Ferguson Police to the leadership of the St Louis County Police to Officer Wilson to Michael Brown there is enough blame to go around for the killing, the investigation of the events, the "prosecution" and the crowd control. The whole thing is one huge tragedy of incompetence, including all the people that post here thinking this is just all about Brown being "a thug" and therefore his killing is just good riddance.
    Should we just excuse the attempted murder of a police officer by Brown? I am referring to Brown attacking Wilson in his truck and getting a hold of the gun and firing off a couple of rounds.

    Is that not a felony in your mind?

  9. #99
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,444

    Re: Ferguson officer who shot Michael Brown resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Yes, its shoplifting, which is a petty offense. People have escalated it to robbery, which is a felony. Again, there were never charges on this, nor a trial..... Moreover, it was not said to be a factor in the altercation, so its completely irrelevant to the events that occurred after.
    OK let's forget completely what happened at the store. Brown was walking in traffic and would not leave the street, then he attacked the officer in his truck.

    Was that OK for him to do, or did that show his mindset that he would kill the officer given the chance?

    Wilson did not give him a second chance to do that. You cannot blame him for that.

  10. #100
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,444

    Re: Ferguson officer who shot Michael Brown resigns

    Quote Originally Posted by CMPancake View Post
    You can't honestly be that dense...
    I could say the same to you.

    If it worked this time, it will work again. Do you really not see that, or do you just not want to?

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •