Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 181

Thread: Wilson Leaves Lawn Half Mowed

  1. #111
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Wilson Leaves Lawn Half Mowed

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrabaholic View Post
    Wilson hasn't cost them anything. Brown has. Wilson was just defending his life, and it's a shame that that thug has now ruined the officer's career.
    Ruined his life is more like it - where's the guy going to get a job? He'll have to move to some remote island or live in seclusion in Alaska for the next few years as well as change his name and appearance. His family will have to follow suit as well.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  2. #112
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,340

    Re: Wilson Leaves Lawn Half Mowed

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Do you think there should be some sort of "five-second rule" wherein any course of actions made entirely within that time frame should be immune from legal scrutiny?
    I haven't thought much about it. Primarily because that was not the point of my post. Second guessing Wilson was.

  3. #113
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,160

    Re: Wilson Leaves Lawn Half Mowed

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Wilson left lawn half mowed, went into hiding


    Darren Wilson: Attorneys discuss his time in hiding - CNN.com

    This is a joke. The guy cannot live a normal life because he did the RIGHT thing. What a joke. I wish we could prosecute those who posted his address. Even if it was redacted.
    There wasn't anyway for him to continue on no matter what happened.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #114
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,160

    Re: Wilson Leaves Lawn Half Mowed

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Do you think there should be some sort of "five-second rule" wherein any course of actions made entirely within that time frame should be immune from legal scrutiny?
    If what I've read on these forums over time is correct, if a white guy uses a gun it should be immune from prosecution.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #115
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Wilson Leaves Lawn Half Mowed

    Also, if a black guy was killed by a white guy, the white guy is a racist and the community needs his blood.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  6. #116
    Educator
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    916

    Re: Wilson Leaves Lawn Half Mowed

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Wilson left lawn half mowed, went into hiding


    Darren Wilson: Attorneys discuss his time in hiding - CNN.com

    This is a joke. The guy cannot live a normal life because he did the RIGHT thing. What a joke. I wish we could prosecute those who posted his address. Even if it was redacted.
    I hope you say the same thing about pro-life activists that publicize the home addresses of abortion providers.

    The big joke here is not what is happening to Darren Wilson. The big joke is that a man can shoot an unarmed man from a distance and people still argue he was doing the "right" thing.

  7. #117
    Sage

    Scrabaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,561

    Re: Wilson Leaves Lawn Half Mowed

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Ruined his life is more like it - where's the guy going to get a job? He'll have to move to some remote island or live in seclusion in Alaska for the next few years as well as change his name and appearance. His family will have to follow suit as well.
    Touche.

  8. #118
    Sage

    Scrabaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,561

    Re: Wilson Leaves Lawn Half Mowed

    Quote Originally Posted by smb View Post
    The big joke here is not what is happening to Darren Wilson. The big joke is that a man can shoot an unarmed man from a distance and people still argue he was doing the "right" thing.
    He was not shot from a distance. He was coming at Wilson and about 8 to 10 feet away when he was killed. Wilson did not know Brown was unarmed. He had one hand up his shirt and in the waistband of his pants, so for all Wilson knew, he could have hand that hand on a gun, ready to pull it out. He had ignored repeated requests for him to get on the ground. You do NOT run toward a cop acting like you are going to assault him or worse, ignore repeated requests to stop and expect not to get shot.

  9. #119
    Educator
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    916

    Re: Wilson Leaves Lawn Half Mowed

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrabaholic View Post
    He was not shot from a distance. He was coming at Wilson and about 8 to 10 feet away when he was killed. Wilson did not know Brown was unarmed. He had one hand up his shirt and in the waistband of his pants, so for all Wilson knew, he could have hand that hand on a gun, ready to pull it out. He had ignored repeated requests for him to get on the ground. You do NOT run toward a cop acting like you are going to assault him or worse, ignore repeated requests to stop and expect not to get shot.
    First off, your assumption that he was coming at Wilson and about 8 to 10 feet away is based off of Wilson's own testimony (not exactly objective), and one eyewitness whom was 50 - 100 yards away from the incident. The eyewitnesses that were close to the event state he was not moving toward Wilson and he was not reaching for anything.

    Second, the kid had basketball shorts on. This is indisputable fact. There is no way he could have anything heavier than a wallet in his shorts without them falling down. Much less a weapon of any kind.

    Third, the kid was already shot at least twice and probably 4 times when the fatal shots were fired in the second part of the shooting. This means that Wilson not only shot an unarmed man but a wounded bleeding unarmed man.

    Fourth, even if the wounded kid was "charging" Wilson and was 8 - 10 feet away from him the idea that killing him was right thing to do in that situation is still a joke.

    On this occasion there infinite number of possible points when Wilson could have de-escalated the situation and prevented the death of an unarmed kid. Whether or not his actions were criminal or not I am not sure but to say they were the "right" thing to do. That is is joke given the evidence in this case.

  10. #120
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,853

    Re: Wilson Leaves Lawn Half Mowed

    Quote Originally Posted by smb View Post
    First off, your assumption that he was coming at Wilson and about 8 to 10 feet away is based off of Wilson's own testimony (not exactly objective), and one eyewitness whom was 50 - 100 yards away from the incident. The eyewitnesses that were close to the event state he was not moving toward Wilson and he was not reaching for anything.

    Second, the kid had basketball shorts on. This is indisputable fact. There is no way he could have anything heavier than a wallet in his shorts without them falling down. Much less a weapon of any kind.

    Third, the kid was already shot at least twice and probably 4 times when the fatal shots were fired in the second part of the shooting. This means that Wilson not only shot an unarmed man but a wounded bleeding unarmed man.

    Fourth, even if the wounded kid was "charging" Wilson and was 8 - 10 feet away from him the idea that killing him was right thing to do in that situation is still a joke.

    On this occasion there infinite number of possible points when Wilson could have de-escalated the situation and prevented the death of an unarmed kid. Whether or not his actions were criminal or not I am not sure but to say they were the "right" thing to do. That is is joke given the evidence in this case.
    Bwaahaahaahaa!

    You might want to re-read the evidence again to correct those distances.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •