Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 194

Thread: Oil at $75 Means Patches of Texas Shale Turn Unprofitable

  1. #181
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,026

    Re: Oil at $75 Means Patches of Texas Shale Turn Unprofitable

    Here is the link that projects possibly oil dropping to $30.00 per barrel.

    How low will oil fall? $30 is possible - Dec. 31, 2014

  2. #182
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,310

    Re: Oil at $75 Means Patches of Texas Shale Turn Unprofitable

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Here is the link that projects possibly oil dropping to $30.00 per barrel.

    How low will oil fall? $30 is possible - Dec. 31, 2014
    30 years ago,(the last time I worked in the oil Industry) The break even price point was $18 a barrel.
    Below that things starting shutting down. I have heard that number is now around $50 a barrel,
    but many of the new extraction technologies are more expensive, and so will drop out faster.
    Some of this depends on if the extraction enhancement was a one time cost (fracking) prorated
    over the life of the well, vs ongoing cost like steam extraction.

  3. #183
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,647

    Re: Oil at $75 Means Patches of Texas Shale Turn Unprofitable

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    If only that Obama had allowed more drilling.
    You guys need to come to some sort of agreement. Half of the President Hater's Club says Obama has nothing to do with the falling gas prices and your half is blaming him for not allowing more drilling? Get it together guys!

    BTW, the USA just recently became the world's #1 oil producer. (You know, then there's that. )

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  4. #184
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,026

    Re: Oil at $75 Means Patches of Texas Shale Turn Unprofitable

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    You guys need to come to some sort of agreement. Half of the President Hater's Club says Obama has nothing to do with the falling gas prices and your half is blaming him for not allowing more drilling? Get it together guys!

    BTW, the USA just recently became the world's #1 oil producer. (You know, then there's that. )
    I believe Deuce was being sarcastic.

  5. #185
    Sage
    RDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Last Seen
    10-10-17 @ 05:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,398

    Re: Oil at $75 Means Patches of Texas Shale Turn Unprofitable

    Shale oil can take a back seat for now. Once the price reaches $100 (10 years down the road) that time frame would be too expensive again to extract shale oil.

  6. #186
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,026

    Re: Oil at $75 Means Patches of Texas Shale Turn Unprofitable

    Quote Originally Posted by RDS View Post
    Shale oil can take a back seat for now. Once the price reaches $100 (10 years down the road) that time frame would be too expensive again to extract shale oil.
    It won't be 10 years. Someone will do something in the middle east out of desperation -- either Iran or Russia -- that will drive up the price of oil again. My guess is it's already in the planning stages.

    Or Israel could attack Iran's nuclear facilities and have the same effect.

  7. #187
    Educator Uncensored2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    06-02-15 @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    655

    Re: Oil at $75 Means Patches of Texas Shale Turn Unprofitable

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    You guys need to come to some sort of agreement. Half of the President Hater's Club says Obama has nothing to do with the falling gas prices and your half is blaming him for not allowing more drilling? Get it together guys!

    BTW, the USA just recently became the world's #1 oil producer. (You know, then there's that. )
    Your little tin god blocked virtually every application to drill on public lands. He was not able to block the drilling on private lands, nor the advances in fracking and slant drilling.

    Clear?

  8. #188
    Educator Uncensored2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    06-02-15 @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    655

    Re: Oil at $75 Means Patches of Texas Shale Turn Unprofitable

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    It won't be 10 years. Someone will do something in the middle east out of desperation -- either Iran or Russia -- that will drive up the price of oil again. My guess is it's already in the planning stages.

    Or Israel could attack Iran's nuclear facilities and have the same effect.
    The problem is that oil will not exceed $60-65 a bbl in the foreseeable future, because the ME simply doesn't have enough impact. Domestic production alone would see a rise in price, but not beyond what I listed.

  9. #189
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,941

    Re: Oil at $75 Means Patches of Texas Shale Turn Unprofitable

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncensored2008 View Post
    Your little tin god blocked virtually every application to drill on public lands. He was not able to block the drilling on private lands, nor the advances in fracking and slant drilling.

    Clear?
    According to Fact check there were over 5,000 permits for drilling on federal lands during the first 3 years of Obama's first term.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  10. #190
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,829

    Re: Oil at $75 Means Patches of Texas Shale Turn Unprofitable

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    According to Fact check there were over 5,000 permits for drilling on federal lands during the first 3 years of Obama's first term.
    I guess he wasn't so "clear" about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •