Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 194

Thread: Oil at $75 Means Patches of Texas Shale Turn Unprofitable

  1. #161
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Oil at $75 Means Patches of Texas Shale Turn Unprofitable

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    I grow tired of endlessly demonstrating that your claims are incorrect, and so you can keep your zombie posts.
    I bet you are tired because it must be taxing on your over inflated ego to openly demonstrate an inability to properly read sixth grade level material and to make a dementia like display of your inability to recall properly what has been said in this thread. Life must be tough for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    That your own list of those you pathetically attempted to bring to bear A) didn't agree with you B) were twisted out of context or C) were laughable in that you had to reach so low in order to find concurrence
    I would say that what is low is that after you have openly demonstrated a profound problem reading with comprehension AND a profound lack of the ability to follow properly what others and yourself have said in this thread, that you have the nerve to make a pathetic attempt to ascend to the the elevated seat of a pontiff and pontificate down an edict concerning what has transpired in this thread. It is rather disgusting, distasteful, and is befitting the standard of deceit that you constantly practice so much that it has become a habit and is likely why you are victimized by self-deception.

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    is as telling as your refusal to now address the obvious fact that Saudi oil price reductions were not part of some kind of grand scheme with the U.S. to bring additional pressure to bear against Russia in return for our counter-ISIL strikes (which is why you are desperately attempting to pivot instead to the Ukraine).
    Your choice of the words "obvious fact" makes it clear to the discerning eye that indeed, as I said earlier, you are no more than a false pontiff who is bewildered by your own ego, envy and malice, because quite frankly there is nothing that is obviously factual about your claim.

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    In the meantime, Cognitive Dissonance is rough, MS; it's going to help if you just go ahead and acknowledge even along with the growing number of Democrats who agree that the President is just weak on foreign policy and that's okay. It's who he is. He just doesn't care.
    I would say this, you are right cognitive dissonance is rather rough. You should know it because it must be rough to feel, as you have said, that you have excellent reading skills, but at the same time commit blatant errors in reading that even a person with sixth grade reading skills would not make. That must really hurt that big ego of yours. Cognitive dissonance indeed!

  2. #162
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Oil at $75 Means Patches of Texas Shale Turn Unprofitable

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    I bet you are tired because it must be taxing on your over inflated ego to openly demonstrate an inability to properly read sixth grade level material and to make a dementia like display of your inability to recall properly what has been said in this thread. Life must be tough for you.

    I would say that what is low is that after you have openly demonstrated a profound problem reading with comprehension AND a profound lack of the ability to follow properly what others and yourself have said in this thread, that you have the nerve to make a pathetic attempt to ascend to the the elevated seat of a pontiff and pontificate down an edict concerning what has transpired in this thread. It is rather disgusting, distasteful, and is befitting the standard of deceit that you constantly practice so much that it has become a habit and is likely why you are victimized by self-deception.

    Your choice of the words "obvious fact" makes it clear to the discerning eye that indeed, as I said earlier, you are no more than a false pontiff who is bewildered by your own ego, envy and malice, because quite frankly there is nothing that is obviously factual about your claim.

    I would say this, you are right cognitive dissonance is rather rough. You should know it because it must be rough to feel, as you have said, that you have excellent reading skills, but at the same time commit blatant errors in reading that even a person with sixth grade reading skills would not make. That must really hurt that big ego of yours. Cognitive dissonance indeed!


    In the meantime, your dependence on trying to insult me (only really demonstrating your own incapability) only further highlights the fact that you were wrong. The Saudi's aren't part of any grand conspiracy to screw over Russia in order to get the U.S. into the anti-ISIL fight.

    Kudos, however, on managing to accept critique and shift to a higher class of ad hominem. You're welcome for that correction.

  3. #163
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,074

    Re: Oil at $75 Means Patches of Texas Shale Turn Unprofitable

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    Since when can you use natural gas or wind/solar energy to power a motor vehicle?
    Umm welll... cities have large fleets of buses that they are converting to CNG. That's compressed natural gas vehicles. Some cities also require taxi fleets that go to certain parts of the city to be CNG vehicles or zero emission vehicles. Or the assloads of school bus fleets going to CNG. Then of course there is United Parcel Service who is flipping a lot of their fleet. Then there is the United States Post Office which is pushing their fleet towards more and more alternative fuels which includes CNG and electric vehicles. Then there's the fact that full on electric or plug in hybrids are starting to become an option with almost every major car manufacturer.

    Pretty much any company with large fleets is either running CNG and/or electric vehicles or are in the process of going to it.

    I dunno man... do some googleing.

    FedEx CEO: Truck Fleets to Shift to Natural Gas From Diesel

    Procter & Gamble, General Mills And Frito-Lay Transition To Natural Gas Fleets

    UPS, GE, and Waste Management: The 3 Most Important Companies in Natural Gas Vehicle Development?

    UPS To Benefit From Fleet Running On Alternative Fuel

    FedEx Express to Add Electric Vehicles to its Fleet in Brazil

    100 Electric Vehicles Begin Their Journey to Save (United Parcel Service) 126,000 Gallons of Fuel Per Year

    So I guess the answer to your question of "since when?"... would be... quite a while ago if you want to look at its beginning.
    Last edited by poweRob; 01-01-15 at 10:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  4. #164
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,898

    Re: Oil at $75 Means Patches of Texas Shale Turn Unprofitable

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Do you object to companies keeping more of their money?
    If they are making a profit then they dont need subsidies. "Subsidies" are not "their money."
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #165
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Oil at $75 Means Patches of Texas Shale Turn Unprofitable

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    'With crude at $75 a barrel, the price Goldman Sachs Group Inc. says will be the average in the first three months of next year, 19 U.S. shale regions are no longer profitable, according to data compiled by Bloomberg New Energy Finance.'

    Oil at $75 Means Patches of Texas Shale Turn Unprofitable - Bloomberg

    Shale Profits at Risk - Bloomberg


    I (and others) have said for a while that shale oil is not the dream solution that the media is making it out to be.
    Only when oil is this low. Do you believe oil will stay this low indefinitely? I sure don't.

  6. #166
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Oil at $75 Means Patches of Texas Shale Turn Unprofitable

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Part of the reason the Saudi's are selling their product so cheap is to target the Russian economy.

    Put Putin back in his place I suppose.

    And yes, it would seem they're trying to put shale out of Bussinesses too.
    Why would the Saudi's care about Putin?

  7. #167
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,961
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Oil at $75 Means Patches of Texas Shale Turn Unprofitable

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Part of the reason the Saudi's are selling their product so cheap is to target the Russian economy.

    Put Putin back in his place I suppose.

    And yes, it would seem they're trying to put shale out of Bussinesses too.

    Why would they want to target the Russians?

    This really has much more to do with US domestic shale production. This is a pretty good, well-sourced article. (Guess What Happened The Last Time The Price Of Oil Crashed Like This?...)
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  8. #168
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,566
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Oil at $75 Means Patches of Texas Shale Turn Unprofitable

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Of course it's a dream solution. The cost of crude will return to levels that will allow shale derived oil to return to profitability.
    Indeed. They will just stop producing until the price comes back up. It will tend to put a ceiling on the price of oil. In any case, peak oil as a concept is dead for the foreseeable future.

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

  9. #169
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,074

    Re: Oil at $75 Means Patches of Texas Shale Turn Unprofitable

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Why would the Saudi's care about Putin?
    Well conspiratorially thinking... perhaps at our request?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  10. #170
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Oil at $75 Means Patches of Texas Shale Turn Unprofitable

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    Why would they want to target the Russians?

    This really has much more to do with US domestic shale production. This is a pretty good, well-sourced article. (Guess What Happened The Last Time The Price Of Oil Crashed Like This?...)

    I'm skepical of websites that are out to sell you something.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •