Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 90

Thread: Arkansas, Mississippi overturn gay marriage bans

  1. #11
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,833

    Re: Arkansas, Mississippi overturn gay marriage bans

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    1.)You are right that it is certainly a gay old mob that wants to act as though gay matrimony were the same as matrimony of two sexes.
    2.) But the gout de jour is irrational and so we will act as though they were the same.
    1.) based on legality and rights it is.
    anyways that you, me or anybody feels its different doesnt matter one bit
    2.) again you are free to have the opinion that its not the same and thats its irrational to consider them the same but that opinion has no rational, accurate or legal backing that matters to equal rights . . . . . none

    eventhough you are losing good luck in your quest to stop equal rights though
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #12
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:56 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,415

    Re: Arkansas, Mississippi overturn gay marriage bans

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) based on legality and rights it is.
    anyways that you, me or anybody feels its different doesnt matter one bit
    2.) again you are free to have the opinion that its not the same and thats its irrational to consider them the same but that opinion has no rational, accurate or legal backing that matters to equal rights . . . . . none

    eventhough you are losing good luck in your quest to stop equal rights though
    oh. I am all for equal rights. But I find people odd that cannot tell the differences. That makes for bad laws and queer outcomes like with some of the equal rights legislation for women some of which has lead to lower wages and poorer advancement for them, which again has to be compensated by further legislation that becomes increasingly unfair. But there are a lot of you guys out there and it is too late to hope that they will learn that differences remain even when you make believe they are not there.

  3. #13
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,833

    Re: Arkansas, Mississippi overturn gay marriage bans

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    1.)oh. I am all for equal rights.
    2.) But I find people odd that cannot tell the differences.
    3.) That makes for bad laws and queer outcomes like with some of the equal rights legislation for women some of which has lead to lower wages and poorer advancement for them, which again has to be compensated by further legislation that becomes increasingly unfair.
    5.) But there are a lot of you guys out there and it is too late to hope that they will learn that differences remain even when you make believe they are not there.
    1.) i am also for equal rights
    2.) I also find them odd. Its amazing in 2014 that peoples ignorance or bigotry is that large to cloud them from the facts.
    3.) agreed at times it does make for bad laws but what is extra sweet about equal rights winning right now is that those bad laws were a HUGE help in achieving equal rights for gays.
    4.) as for womans equal rights, equal rights itself has nothing to do with the pay disparity or advancement or any other additional legislation thats just silly.
    5.) again you can feel you are on the right side but you have nothing that supports you. Facts, logic, laws, rights, the constitution, court precedences and around 50 judges all prove your opinion to be false.

    but if you disagree please feel free to present your case, in your next post please post these facts you think you have that trumps all those things above, we'd love to read them. I bet you dodge this request and post some more fails deflections and strawmen.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #14
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:56 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,415

    Re: Arkansas, Mississippi overturn gay marriage bans

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) i am also for equal rights
    2.) I also find them odd. Its amazing in 2014 that peoples ignorance or bigotry is that large to cloud them from the facts.
    3.) agreed at times it does make for bad laws but what is extra sweet about equal rights winning right now is that those bad laws were a HUGE help in achieving equal rights for gays.
    4.) as for womans equal rights, equal rights itself has nothing to do with the pay disparity or advancement or any other additional legislation thats just silly.
    5.) again you can feel you are on the right side but you have nothing that supports you. Facts, logic, laws, rights, the constitution, court precedences and around 50 judges all prove your opinion to be false.

    but if you disagree please feel free to present your case, in your next post please post these facts you think you have that trumps all those things above, we'd love to read them. I bet you dodge this request and post some more fails deflections and strawmen.
    It is always odd to see people stand on their opinion against the facts.
    I will just mention your faulty assumption that equal rights legislation for women does not bear negatively on their position in the labor market. It is so bad, in fact, that we had a board level discussion as to whether I could employ further women or advance them. The final desicion was not in the protocol, but they were too expensive and risky for legal reasons in comparison to men. It was preferable to use men for equal rights reasons.

  5. #15
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,833

    Re: Arkansas, Mississippi overturn gay marriage bans

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    1.)It is always odd to see people stand on their opinion against the facts.
    2.) I will just mention your faulty assumption that equal rights legislation for women does not bear negatively on their position in the labor market. It is so bad, in fact, that we had a board level discussion as to whether I could employ further women or advance them. The final desicion was not in the protocol, but they were too expensive and risky for legal reasons in comparison to men.
    3.)It was preferable to use men for equal rights reasons.
    1.) i agree so why do you do it?
    2.) its not faulty at all, its a fact that "equal rights" itself doesn't do what you claim, if you disagree simply use facts and prove YOUR claim. You will fail majorily.
    3.) Being one of my responsibilities is hiring and recruiting this easily one of the most inane and funniest things thing i have ever read, and anybody and everybody who thought that has no place in the workforce. Its completely illogical lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #16
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:56 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,415

    Re: Arkansas, Mississippi overturn gay marriage bans

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) i agree so why do you do it?
    2.) its not faulty at all, its a fact that "equal rights" itself doesn't do what you claim, if you disagree simply use facts and prove YOUR claim. You will fail majorily.
    3.) this easily one of the most inane and funniest things thing i have ever read, and anybody and everybody who thought that has no place in the work force.
    To prove what? That boys banging boys don't get kids? I think you will find that to be true all around. But Girls and boys, that is another story. That is why matrimony worked so well as a social tool. If you set it up, so that they slept in one bed, there was reproduction. If they had to stay together, that gave the kids security of upbringing. As easy as that.

    Of course, technology has progressed, so that the social instrument no longer works as well as it did. So it would probably be a good idea to drop it altogether. Dis-involving the state in this would seem a good idea. That would put a now mostly useless public good into the private sector, where it belongs.

    PS: That you do not know how legislation works in business was interesting.
    Last edited by joG; 11-26-14 at 07:43 AM.

  7. #17
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,833

    Re: Arkansas, Mississippi overturn gay marriage bans

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    1.)To prove what? That boys banging boys don't get kids? I think you will find that to be true all around. But Girls and boys, that is another story. That is why matrimony worked so well as a social tool. If you set it up, so that they slept in one bed, there was reproduction. If they had to stay together, that gave the kids security of upbringing. As easy as that.

    2.)Of course, technology has progressed, so that the social instrument no longer works as well as it did. So it would probably be a good idea to drop it altogether. Dis-involving the state in this would seem a good idea. That would put a now mostly useless public good into the private sector, where it belongs.
    3.)PS: That you do not know how legislation works in business was interesting.
    boom and there you have a odge and complete failure of a post you made

    1.) whats that have to do with legal marriage or equal rights? oh thats right absolutely nothing, no one thing
    2.) another thing/opinion that has nothing to do with legal marriage and equal rights
    3.) another claim you cant back up just another desperate deflection because none of your claims can be supported with any facts or anything based on legality and rights.

    Please stay on topic and let me know when you can support your failed claims that you made with facts . . .thank you
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #18
    Educator
    Dayton3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    07-20-17 @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,153

    Re: Arkansas, Mississippi overturn gay marriage bans

    Classic misapplication of the 14th Amendment which in no way was related to gay marriage.

    Maybe we should pass an amendment overturning the 14th.

  9. #19
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,833

    Re: Arkansas, Mississippi overturn gay marriage bans

    Quote Originally Posted by Dayton3 View Post
    Classic misapplication of the 14th Amendment which in no way was related to gay marriage.

    Maybe we should pass an amendment overturning the 14th.
    classic misapplication, really?
    since the 14 is about equal rights/protection in relationship to LAWS what facts do you base your claim on?

    what do you have that goes against many of the approx 50 judges/ around 35 cases that have ruled this way and referenced the 14 and equal rights that says they all got it wrong. Id love to read it. Thanks
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #20
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Arkansas, Mississippi overturn gay marriage bans

    Quote Originally Posted by Dayton3 View Post
    Classic misapplication of the 14th Amendment which in no way was related to gay marriage.

    Maybe we should pass an amendment overturning the 14th.
    What is the 14th amendment related to? And what exactly is your problem with equal protection under the law, other than your disapproval of homosexuality?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •