Page 67 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 909

Thread: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

  1. #661
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    It isn't a partisan issue for me. It's an issue of people being stupid, and blocking traffic, just because they have their panties in a wad. They weren't pedestrians who were crossing the street, thus had some sort of right-of-way that was violated by the driver. They were blocking the entire intersection, except for a small lane area that drivers could turn left from. What in the **** they think they were proving, besides how childish and obstinate they could be, is beyond me. Wanna go protest? Do it at the city hall, the courthouse, or in some place where your point can be salient, and stay out of the way of people just living their lives. The protesters in question just made themselves look like the assess that they were acting like, then managed to have something else to be outraged about, besides what the real issue was. As far as parties, I couldn't care less what party you, or anyone else is a member of. It means nothing, unless it's a major identity factor for you, but for me, it isn't. The girl who was hit wasn't injured in any significant manner. Nobody else was hit that I am aware of, and it doesn't appear to be the case in the vid.
    That doesn't change the fact that it "run over" is literally defined as what happened. It doesn't change the fact that you can't hit people because they are in your way. It doesn't change the fact that just because she wasn't hurt, doesn't mean a legal wrong wasn't committed.

    The girl was underage and at a peaceful rally for Christ's sake. That could have turned out a lot worse and thankfully it didn't.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  2. #662
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I don't have a problem with lizzy as an individual. Just pointing out how partisan the whole Ferguson issue has become.

    Do you disagree with that?
    Ummm. no. You called me a "republican, siding with a maniac", and said it was no surprise. Try again.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  3. #663
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Your panties wouldn't be nearly so tightly knotted about it and we both know it.
    How would you know anything about my panties? Weirdo.

    It's also whay you're trying to repeatedly overstate what happened here. "OMG he intentionally ran over people with a ****ing tank."
    The guy ran over a group of people with his car because they wouldn't move. I'm stating what happened. I guess we know where you stand on this.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  4. #664
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    This occurred in the city of Ferguson during protests related to a shooting in Ferguson (and nationwide shootings as well). What does this not have to do with Ferguson?
    Umm...no it didn't.

    Ferguson is in Missouri, this incident occurred in Minneapolis. You'll learn more about the different states as the school years go by, don't worry.

  5. #665
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,083

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Let's all forget the part where he and Jerry through a temper tantrum because they can't define the English language.
    "Threw" a temper tantrum Mr English... "threw".

    Instead of being passive aggressive, why don't you just come out and say what you want to say?
    That you are ignorant of facts and relying on one dictionary term to make your case...

    You would. Yeah, he really got me by me being wrong about the city.
    Actually, this goes to show that you were playing politics instead of focusing on this specific incident. You were thinking that we thought that crowds being plowed was OK since it related to our bias of M Brown. So yeah, SNAP. It was more than just the city...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  6. #666
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    If you don't know my stance by now then what hope is there?
    That Merriam-Webster dictionary is too advanced for you? I seriously don't know. Is your stance too convoluted for you to express?

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Ummm. no. You called me a "republican, siding with a maniac", and said it was no surprise. Try again.
    Which part was wrong?
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  7. #667
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,083

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Umm...no it didn't.

    Ferguson is in Missouri, this incident occurred in Minneapolis. You'll learn more about the different states as the school years go by, don't worry.
    I already owned him on this one... got a "Snap" from X too! I feel elated...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  8. #668
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Ah, true (see how I am willing to admit when I am wrong?). But the protests were in relation to the events of Ferguson, which is the only reason I can garner that people would think it's okay that these people were hit by a car.
    Who on this thread said it's ok to hit people with your car?

  9. #669
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,083

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    That Merriam-Webster dictionary is too advanced for you? I seriously don't know. Is your stance too convoluted for you to express?
    This is just getting pathetic... I have repeatedly pointed out flaws in your argument and you come back to this definition?

    Which part was wrong?
    All of it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  10. #670
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I'll concede that I shouldn't have responded so aggressively. I guess I was just hoping that some of the people who I usually disagree with would prove me wrong and not think that it's okay to use your car to move people out of your way.
    Gotta tell you, if an angry crowd surrounded my car, leaving me no other way out, they'd better move themselves or you bet I'd move them.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


Page 67 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •