Page 66 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 660 of 909

Thread: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

  1. #651
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Ah, true (see how I am willing to admit when I am wrong?).
    Not like you had any choice. Lol.

    But the protests were in relation to the events of Ferguson, which is the only reason I can garner that people would think it's okay that these people were hit by a car.
    So now your argument about how this is just so intrinsically connected to Fersguson is that it was protest "in relation to to the events in Ferguson"?

    I have a feeling your whole PoV would change if that had been a group of Tea partiers. You're as transparent as you accuse others of being.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  2. #652
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I'm not a lawyer - I have no idea what they could charge him with for running over multiple people on purpose. I'd assume the first two would be most applicable, since attempted murder would have to imply some intent to kill.
    I'm not a lawyer either, but I am a licensed driver and that necessarily means I have a basic understanding of driving laws.

    No one was ran over. What the driver can be charged with is some level of negligence or lesser assault, but there's also a real possibility he won't be charged with anything at all since the pedestrians meant to create that situation and the driver took precautions.

  3. #653
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Not like you had any choice. Lol.



    So now your argument about how this is just so intrinsically connected to Fersguson is that it was protest "in relation to to the events in Ferguson"?

    I have a feeling your whole PoV would change if that had been a group of Tea partiers. You're as transparent as you accuse others of being.
    That's my point, it wouldn't. The guy is wrong no matter who the protests were for, and he should be charged. I would think most would agree, but that apparently isn't the case.

    And it's not "now". That's been my point. I've stated it from the beginning that this is a partisan issue and that's the only reason people on here arguing that this guy wasn't wrong for intentionally running over a group of people.

    *Edit:

    Not that I had a choice? Agreed. But then again, if these guys can argue with a dictionary, then I guess everything is up for grabs.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  4. #654
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:53 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,918

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Why else would you all try to soften the language? If you all are not arguing that he shouldn't be charged - then fine. We agree on that. But I am pretty sure Jerry disagrees.
    I am sticking to facts, not softening the language.

    These are cars "plowing through crowds" and running over, and dragging people... from the onset, not after the crowd surrounded the car and we don't know what happened there.

    cars plowing through croweds - Bing Videos

    cars plowing through croweds - Bing Videos
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  5. #655
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Plow - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    : to move through, over, or across (something) in a forceful and steady way
    And that car stopped twice, all the while honking it's horn for people to move. This definition doesn't work for you either.

  6. #656
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I don't have a problem with lizzy as an individual. Just pointing out how partisan the whole Ferguson issue has become.

    Do you disagree with that?
    It isn't a partisan issue for me. It's an issue of people being stupid, and blocking traffic, just because they have their panties in a wad. They weren't pedestrians who were crossing the street, thus had some sort of right-of-way that was violated by the driver. They were blocking the entire intersection, except for a small lane area that drivers could turn left from. What in the **** they think they were proving, besides how childish and obstinate they could be, is beyond me. Wanna go protest? Do it at the city hall, the courthouse, or in some place where your point can be salient, and stay out of the way of people just living their lives. The protesters in question just made themselves look like the assess that they were acting like, then managed to have something else to be outraged about, besides what the real issue was. As far as parties, I couldn't care less what party you, or anyone else is a member of. It means nothing, unless it's a major identity factor for you, but for me, it isn't. The girl who was hit wasn't injured in any significant manner. Nobody else was hit that I am aware of, and it doesn't appear to be the case in the vid.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  7. #657
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I am sticking to facts, not softening the language.

    These are cars "plowing through crowds" and running over, and dragging people... from the onset, not after the crowd surrounded the car and we don't know what happened there.

    cars plowing through croweds - Bing Videos

    cars plowing through croweds - Bing Videos
    "Running over" and "plowing" are both perfectly acceptable uses by their definitions.

    But again, what's your point? Take a stance already.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  8. #658
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:53 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,918

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Ah, true (see how I am willing to admit when I am wrong?). But the protests were in relation to the events of Ferguson, which is the only reason I can garner that people would think it's okay that these people were hit by a car.
    Oh my God... these are protestors and could have been protesting that Michael Jackson was really an extra-terrestrial for all I care... the issue is the car and the crowd, not what the crowd was protesting... The driver could be al-quada for all I care too... if he was not out to kill people, but to drive peaceably through the crowd... the issue is the incident, not some attached political thing.

    ...and yes, I see that you are admitting error. Good. Now admit to the rest and we can move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  9. #659
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    That's my point, it wouldn't. The guy is wrong no matter who the protests were for, and he should be charged. I would think most would agree, but that apparently isn't the case.
    Your panties wouldn't be nearly so tightly knotted about it and we both know it.

    And it's not "now". That's been my point. I've stated it from the beginning that this is a partisan issue and that's the only reason people on here arguing that this guy wasn't wrong for intentionally running over a group of people.
    It's also whay you're trying to repeatedly overstate what happened here. "OMG he intentionally ran over people with a ****ing tank."
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  10. #660
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:53 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,918

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    "Running over" and "plowing" are both perfectly acceptable uses by their definitions.

    But again, what's your point? Take a stance already.
    If you don't know my stance by now then what hope is there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

Page 66 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •