Page 62 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 909

Thread: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

  1. #611
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,933

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Because it's an example? You could be laying on the ground and be run over the by the tires. You didn't get knocked down, but you still got run over. That's how language works, man. I'm sorry that it's difficult for you to understand, but it literally says:

    "to collide with, knock down, and often drive over <ran over a dog>"

    Definition of often:
    Often - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    : many times : on many occasions

    Many times or on many occasions. It can be either. So what makes more sense?

    1) Dogs get run over many times
    2) Dogs get run over on many occasions

    I can only lead the horse to the water.
    I am playing Devils' Advocate to make you prove your point... not because, as I assume you think, I am ignorant. I have self-represented in Court 3 times and won all. Your arguments are easy to tear apart and no Judge would rule that you have won your argument at this point. To win you slam dunk that ****... you don't makes points that the other has to attempt to figure out.

    So, if it is an example and you are laying down and not collided with or knocked down and the car drives over you for a foot or two so you are under it but you are not struck by the tire are you being run over?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  2. #612
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    You're just making stuff up at this point. Take it up with Merriam. Call them. I'm sure there's a number. It's not my fault the English language disagrees with that thing you call your brain.
    That's a cute straw-man but it doesn't work.

  3. #613
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Here's what plowing looks like:



    Compare and contrast that with OP. Clearly this car did not 'plow' through a crowd. More emotive language.
    Plow - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    : to move through, over, or across (something) in a forceful and steady way

    You're having a tough day.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  4. #614
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I am playing Devils' Advocate to make you prove your point... not because, as I assume you think, I am ignorant. I have self-represented in Court 3 times and won all. Your arguments are easy to tear apart and no Judge would rule that you have won your argument at this point. To win you slam dunk that ****... you don't makes points that the other has to attempt to figure out.

    So, if it is an example and you are laying down and not collided with or knocked down and the car drives over you for a foot or two so you are under it but you are not struck by the tire are you being run over?
    Your defense to the dictionary definition is that you have supposedly won a few court cases and think that judges would side with you? Good one. You didn't answer the question. Which one makes more sense:

    1) Dogs get driven over many times
    2) Dogs get driven over on many occasions
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  5. #615
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,933

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I'm not a lawyer -.
    No ****?

    I have no idea what they could charge him with for running over multiple people on purpose. I'd assume the first two would be most applicable, since attempted murder would have to imply some intent to kill
    Prove it was on purpose? PLEASE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  6. #616
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,933

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Your defense to the dictionary definition is that you have supposedly won a few court cases and think that judges would side with you? Good one.
    You have yet to prove ****... good for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  7. #617
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Agreed - a lot of things in life happen to be partisan. However, I am not being biased in support of my party on this issue. I don't think it's okay to hit anyone with your car on purpose - ever. And I don't think Darren Wilson should be charged based on the evidence.

    1) Because he drove into a group of people standing directly in front of him? Look at the gif on this page (you won't).
    Car plows through crowd protesting Ferguson decision | New York Post

    2) No, it isn't. It even says as in a dog right afterward. Unless you are suggesting they think people run over dogs repeatedly?
    I don't think anyone in this thread thinks that's ok.

    Prove striking the girl to the ground was on purpose.

    You can prove trying to crawl through the crowd was on purpose, but that only shows that the driver wanted to get by the crowed, not that he wanted to hurt anyone. And he was blaring his horn as a warning. You can also prove that he likely panicked when people climbed on his car.

    Proving intent is hard, good luck.

  8. #618
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    No ****?



    Prove it was on purpose? PLEASE!
    The video evidence shows a car slowly accelerating through a group of people. What proof am I supposed to provide? He either:

    1) Did it on purpose
    2) Suffers from narcolepsy and fell asleep at the wheel
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  9. #619
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    You have yet to prove ****... good for you.
    I cited a dictionary definition. You tried to semantically pick it apart and use the wrong definition of the word often. It was embarrassing and it didn't work. Now you are saying you have judges on your side.

    Buddy, it's not working. Walk away.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  10. #620
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I'm not a lawyer - I have no idea what they could charge him with for running over multiple people on purpose. I'd assume the first two would be most applicable, since attempted murder would have to imply some intent to kill.
    Nobody was "run over". ONe person was knocked down- treated for minor injuries in the ER, then released. Two people (that I saw) were on the hood of the driver's car when he ran into the one who was knocked down. I seriously doubt he could even see her.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

Page 62 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •