Page 57 of 91 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 909

Thread: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

  1. #561
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    No, they don't. It even says the ****ing word "often". If you want to debate semantics on whether it's okay to run someone down with your car, at least be right about it.

    *Edit:

    Do you know how to read? Have you ever read a definition? This seems like an easy thing to concede, but you're going to keep arguing this point for what?
    You're defending the use of emotive language, of course it's going to turn into semantics.

    Don't use emotive language and we won't go down the semantics road.

    It's fair to say 2 people were hit by the car. No one, however, was ran over.

  2. #562
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,785

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    So it's your thesis that a "reasonable person" is the kind of person who would drive into a crowd, and therefore would have seen the exit? Have you seen his driving record? He doesn't exactly have a history of using sound judgment.
    I'm pretty sure that I said that no reasonable person would ever do such a thing. How did you extract that from my post?

    He seems to be a person with anger issues, and people with anger issues get tunnel-vision, and tunnel-vision cuts off the view of the escape rout. He probably couldn't even see his steering wheel, literally. Ask me how I know about anger issues The same thing happens to regular people under stress.

    It makes perfect sense that a person with anger issues would not have ever seen that alternate rout....it also makes perfect sense that a person with anger issues would drive into a crowd.
    Keep in mind that simply being angry is almost never a defense in a court of law. About all that can do is show that the act was not necessarily premeditated.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  3. #563
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    That's the definition of the word. It's getting embarrassing for you at this point.
    "Your Honor, I didn't run her over. I merely knocked her down with my car and she fell under it"
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #564
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    "Drove over" is not a legal term; It's a figure of speech.
    It's emotive language and you shouldn't be using it if you want to act honestly.

  5. #565
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    You're defending the use of emotive language, of course it's going to turn into semantics.

    Don't use emotive language and we won't go down the semantics road.

    It's fair to say 2 people were hit by the car. No one, however, was ran over.
    No, it's not. I posted the god damn definition of the phrase. You have not done that. In fact, you haven't done anything because you're wrong - as usual. Here's a pro tip, Jerry:

    When you think you know the definition of something, and you look it up and it's not the same, it's because you were wrong. The dictionary wasn't wrong. You were. We're all adults here, right?

    walter sobchak - am i the only one.jpg
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  6. #566
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    It doesn't. They are being ridiculous.

    I gotta be honest, I would have never guessed people who be so partisan as to argue that it's okay to run people over because they are in the way and you want through. Moreover, that they would argue that it's not technically being run over unless the tires go over you.

    Holy ****. That's some next level insanity right there.
    Who was ran over? The video clearly shows 2 people being struck. Are you accusing the media of editing out someone being ran over? What is your evidence of the media's deception?

  7. #567
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,096

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    No, they don't. It even says the ****ing word "often". If you want to debate semantics on whether it's okay to run someone down with your car, at least be right about it.

    *Edit:

    This seems like an easy thing to concede, but you're going to keep arguing this point for what?
    You attempting superiority and your rudeness aside, both of which are retarded... the definition is idiotic and contradictory. What context is "often" being used? As in some times or many times?

    Do you know how to read?
    No, I am incapable of reading. Why do you ask?

    Have you ever read a definition?
    Like the one that you just posted? Ummm... yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  8. #568
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,096

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    "Drove over" is not a legal term; It's a figure of speech




    because her legs belong to someone else.
    Right... a figure of speech and as such open to interpretation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  9. #569
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Who was ran over? The video clearly shows 2 people being struck. Are you accusing the media of editing out someone being ran over? What is your evidence of the media's deception?
    Again, that's the definition of the phrase.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  10. #570
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    You attempting superiority and your rudeness aside, both of which are retarded... the definition is idiotic and contradictory. What context is "often" being used? As in some times or many times?
    I'm not the guy arguing with a dictionary. Good luck with that, buddy.

    Oh, and it was used as in: "much of the time" (as in the dog). It doesn't say anything about tires.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

Page 57 of 91 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •