Page 51 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 909

Thread: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

  1. #501
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    So what?



    False Dilemma: Logical Fallacies» False Dilemma / Bifurcation Fallacy



    I never once said that they deserved it. Do not distort what I said. I said to counter your point, essentially, "What do you expect when you are in the road?"



    I countered with the fact that nobody was in danger of being hit by a car until *after* they stepped into the raod
    Well you did certainly implied they deserve it in post #100 with this little gem
    What the **** is wrong with these pieces of ****? **** them... the Army should roll through there with a couple of tanks at 60 mph. clear the ****s out quick.

  2. #502
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,818

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Well you did certainly implied they deserve it in post #100 with this little gem
    Right... Because sarcastically saying that they are morons... you know what? You are really reaching to make a point instead of owning up to your contradiction. I am not saying that people deserve to be hit by cars. Only trolls and the intellectually inept would reach that conclusion. I AM saying that whining about being hit when you are standing in the road is STUPID and people defending standing in the road and blocking traffic and people's lives have serious ****ing issues.

    Nobody would have been hit if they were not standing in the road... admit this or I am done with you...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #503
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Right... Because sarcastically saying that they are morons... you know what? You are really reaching to make a point instead of owning up to your contradiction. I am not saying that people deserve to be hit by cars. Only trolls and the intellectually inept would reach that conclusion. I AM saying that whining about being hit when you are standing in the road is STUPID and people defending standing in the road and blocking traffic and people's lives have serious ****ing issues.

    Nobody would have been hit if they were not standing in the road... admit this or I am done with you...
    Naturally, they would not have been hit if they were not in the road, but your sarcastic post read loud and clear that you felt they deserved it. You were not the only poster that let that message come through. Just own it.

  4. #504
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,818

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Naturally, they would not have been hit if they were not in the road, but your sarcastic post read loud and clear that you felt they deserved it. You were not the only poster that let that message come through. Just own it.
    They deserve it if they do not vacate the intersection. They placed themselves in that situation. I ask my daughters... "what can happen if you cross the road away from a crosswalk or stand in the road for any reason?" They answered, "you can get hit by a car papa... duh!" They were maybe 6 or 7 years old at the time. If these protestors or you can't figure that out then that is your problem.... Those protestors need to own their behaviour and you need to stop trying to justify it... own that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #505
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    They deserve it if they do not vacate the intersection. They placed themselves in that situation. I ask my daughters... "what can happen if you cross the road away from a crosswalk or stand in the road for any reason?" They answered, "you can get hit by a car papa... duh!" They were maybe 6 or 7 years old at the time. Those protestors need to own their behaviour and you need to stop trying to justify it... own that.
    He plowed through them deliberately. You try to justify him hitting them with his car.

  6. #506
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,818

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    He plowed through them deliberately. You try to justify him hitting them with his car.
    He plowed through them deliberately AFTER he slowed to a stop right in front of them... what transpired that ended in him moving forward slowly and then faster we do not know. But to you it is all his fault... them standing in the road, blocking traffic, disrupting peoples' lives and perhaps doing something to him to make him speed up. You do notice that he stopped when he realized that there was somebody under his car and that brought him MORE wrath. Only after she is pulled out does he move on again... but that doesn't matter, right? Just use some logic... if he was really going to plow he would have just done so instead of stopping in front of them and he would not have stopped when the girl was under his car.

    I am not justifying him hitting them I am saying that it is their fault for getting hit in the first place... but my children seem to know what you don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #507
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    That has nothing to do with the post you responded to, so now you are just being dishonest.
    Ad-homs get you no where.

    Care to explain how burning down Micheal Brown's church solves anything?

  8. #508
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Ad-homs get you no where.

    Care to explain how burning down Micheal Brown's church solves anything?
    What does Michael Brown's church have to do with the price of tea in China?

  9. #509
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    CPC alert!
    I don't understand....what does the Climate Prediction Center have to do with anything?

    Or were you referring to the home security outfit?

  10. #510
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    I clearly refuted this idea multiple times. There is no way in hell that a reasonable person could possibly conclude that there was no viable exit route; other cars were slowly moving through that route. All that Rice had to do was wait a couple minutes, assess the situation, and use that escape route. Or better yet, be an alert driver, notice the blockade ahead, and turn off of Lake Street onto Snelling Avenue, which is less than 500 feet from Minnehaha and (Don't take my word for it; go to Google maps to verify this for yourself.)

    Two words: White entitlement.
    So it's your thesis that a "reasonable person" is the kind of person who would drive into a crowd, and therefore would have seen the exit? Have you seen his driving record? He doesn't exactly have a history of using sound judgment.

    He seems to be a person with anger issues, and people with anger issues get tunnel-vision, and tunnel-vision cuts off the view of the escape rout. He probably couldn't even see his steering wheel, literally. Ask me how I know about anger issues The same thing happens to regular people under stress.

    It makes perfect sense that a person with anger issues would not have ever seen that alternate rout....it also makes perfect sense that a person with anger issues would drive into a crowd.
    Last edited by Jerry; 11-30-14 at 08:17 PM.

Page 51 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •