Page 34 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 909

Thread: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

  1. #331
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,784

    re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Yes, a colossal waste of time because they are flat out denying what happened in order to defend the indefensible.
    Still, they have to be engaged, because attitudes such as their are what cause injustice in the first place.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  2. #332
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    I watched the video and it does not show the speed of the approach. I can see a far less sinister scenario where the driver, distracted by the assholes is going too fast and doesn't notice the car in front of him until he's right on it's tail and then turns to avoid hitting the car in front.
    The very beginning of the video shows the car going at a speed commonly referred to as "stopped"
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #333
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,784

    re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    I watched the video and it does not show the speed of the approach. I can see a far less sinister scenario where the driver, distracted by the assholes is going too fast and doesn't notice the car in front of him until he's right on it's tail and then turns to avoid hitting the car in front. As soon as he does that he hits someone and the crowd instantly swarms his vehicle. In imminent danger at that point he continues on seeking to drive through the crowd that stupidly does not yield before him.

    The cause of this accident is fully upon those who were swarming the roadway. Without their idiotic actions it just would not have happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You all's retreat from an untenable situation is noted.
    Okay. Let's try this again. This time, let us look at the video and witnessed what actually happened, not what we believed happened. Let us restart this discussion by focusing not on speculation, but on facts. Pure, honest facts.


    0:00--The car in question is near the top of the screen. Based on the description from the local paper and Google street view, the suspect, Jeffrey Patrick Rice, was driving eastbound on Lake Street, attempting to cross the blocked intersection at Minnehaha Street. (Pause for the obligatory giggle.) There are two important things to note here before we roll the tape.

    (1) There is a white car stopped in the left eastbound lane on Lake. Its significance will become clear when we roll the tape.

    (2) There is a small gap that some cars are using to turn northbound onto Minnehaha. Normally cutting across lanes like this is not allowed, but when there is an obstruction in the roadway, such as was definitely the case here, said cutting can be legally justifiable if it does endanger anyone else.

    Roll the tape, but don't focus on Rice's car on the first go-around; focus on the car mentioned in (1). Notice, as Rice begins to plow into the crowd, at no point does the crowd ever attempt to surround the stopped white car. From the start of the video to about the 0:14 mark, when the camera zooms in to show Rice's plowing through the crowd, and the white car disappears from view, at no point does the car or the crowd pose an imminent hazard to the other.

    Now back it up and follow Rice's black car. Notice that instead of choosing to turn left onto Minnehaha as described above, as the cars (2) did, he chose to pass the white car to the right, where there was clearly no exit. At no point before plowing into the crowd does anyone swarm Rice's car.

    Finally, apdst, to refute your horrifically absurd claim that Rice somehow didn't see the escape route, I refer you to an on-the-ground video of the incident. A simple analysis will show that these two videos describe the exact same incident from two different vantage points.


    The first few seconds outright proves what I said in post #312: It is physically impossible for Rice to not have been able to notice the escape route to the left. Further, this up-close video shows that there was no sensible reason to expect that by passing the silver car (previously referred to as the white car) on the right, Rice could have expected to quickly drive away.

    The retaliatory actions of the protesters on Rice's car are a separate issue and will not be addressed here.

    Please, Minneapolis police. Do the right thing and lock this man away until he rots.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  4. #334
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,518

    re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Okay. Let's try this again. This time, let us look at the video and witnessed what actually happened, not what we believed happened. Let us restart this discussion by focusing not on speculation, but on facts. Pure, honest facts.


    0:00--The car in question is near the top of the screen. Based on the description from the local paper and Google street view, the suspect, Jeffrey Patrick Rice, was driving eastbound on Lake Street, attempting to cross the blocked intersection at Minnehaha Street. (Pause for the obligatory giggle.) There are two important things to note here before we roll the tape.

    (1) There is a white car stopped in the left eastbound lane on Lake. Its significance will become clear when we roll the tape.

    (2) There is a small gap that some cars are using to turn northbound onto Minnehaha. Normally cutting across lanes like this is not allowed, but when there is an obstruction in the roadway, such as was definitely the case here, said cutting can be legally justifiable if it does endanger anyone else.

    Roll the tape, but don't focus on Rice's car on the first go-around; focus on the car mentioned in (1). Notice, as Rice begins to plow into the crowd, at no point does the crowd ever attempt to surround the stopped white car. From the start of the video to about the 0:14 mark, when the camera zooms in to show Rice's plowing through the crowd, and the white car disappears from view, at no point does the car or the crowd pose an imminent hazard to the other.

    Now back it up and follow Rice's black car. Notice that instead of choosing to turn left onto Minnehaha as described above, as the cars (2) did, he chose to pass the white car to the right, where there was clearly no exit. At no point before plowing into the crowd does anyone swarm Rice's car.

    Finally, apdst, to refute your horrifically absurd claim that Rice somehow didn't see the escape route, I refer you to an on-the-ground video of the incident. A simple analysis will show that these two videos describe the exact same incident from two different vantage points.


    The first few seconds outright proves what I said in post #312: It is physically impossible for Rice to not have been able to notice the escape route to the left. Further, this up-close video shows that there was no sensible reason to expect that by passing the silver car (previously referred to as the white car) on the right, Rice could have expected to quickly drive away.

    The retaliatory actions of the protesters on Rice's car are a separate issue and will not be addressed here.

    Please, Minneapolis police. Do the right thing and lock this man away until he rots.
    Oh, so you're a mind reader? You know exactly what the driver could see and was thinking?

    Right!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #335
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,784

    re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Oh, so you're a mind reader? You know exactly what the driver could see and was thinking?

    Right!
    Go back and read my post. Show me exactly which FACTS were wrong. I will be waiting.

    You are flailing, hard.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  6. #336
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,784

    re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    BTW, I want to give a shout-out to local channel KSTP for covering this incident in real time. When Rice is charged--and he had better be--this video or some version thereof will almost certainly be used as evidence against him. It is much, much more difficult to get away with a crime when it is caught on tape.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  7. #337
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,518

    re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Go back and read my post. Show me exactly which FACTS were wrong. I will be waiting.

    You are flailing, hard.
    I'm not the one claiming to know exactly what the guy was thinking and was visually aware of. Are you prepared to explain how you know all that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #338
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,784

    re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I'm not the one claiming to know exactly what the guy was thinking and was visually aware of. Are you prepared to explain how you know all that?
    Stop dodging my questions. The evidence against Rice is clear. I am asking you, for the third time: Which FACTS that I documented in post #333 are wrong? What FACTS are in error?
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  9. #339
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,870

    re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Stop dodging my questions. The evidence against Rice is clear. I am asking you, for the third time: Which FACTS that I documented in post #333 are wrong? What FACTS are in error?
    Be careful - he will try and hold you accountable for what he does not know.

    Good luck.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  10. #340
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,518

    re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Stop dodging my questions. The evidence against Rice is clear. I am asking you, for the third time: Which FACTS that I documented in post #333 are wrong? What FACTS are in error?
    Your claim that you know exactly what he was thinking isn't a fact. It's an opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 34 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •