Page 17 of 91 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 909

Thread: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

  1. #161
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Did you notice how no one pulled a gun on the car? I noticed.
    Good observation Jerry.

    When the car was "attacked" was AFTER that teen girl knocked down and her leg pinned in front of the wheel. Fortunately, the driver stopped. Fortunately, they got him to.

    He shouldn't have drove into those people as he was under no danger, could have backed up and could have gone to the open left lane. I think the driver decided he was NOT going to be forced to turn right when he didn't want to, wrongly pushed into the people - then realized someone was knocked down, he stopped, the people rightly did charge to stop the car too - and him right to then keep going after she was clear.

    He should not have pushed into the people. He should have backed up.

  2. #162
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    I don't think the video shows enough to determine how it started to be honest with you. There's no 'before bodies contacted the vehicle' to see so maybe they jumped on the hood - maybe he ran into them intentionally.
    In the the 2nd part of the video, starting at 0:51 you can see an overhead shot of what happened. The car was not being accosted as it pulled out from behind anothe car and approached the protesters. Then he starts plowing into the crowd, knocking some people over and almost running over that kids legs just before it stops. Then, and only then, do protesters start attacking him, so he takes off knocking some other people over.

    The driver should be charged with vehicular assault and thrown in jail
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #163
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Good observation Jerry.

    When the car was "attacked" was AFTER that teen girl knocked down and her leg pinned in front of the wheel. Fortunately, the driver stopped. Fortunately, they got him to.

    He shouldn't have drove into those people as he was under no danger, could have backed up and could have gone to the open left lane. I think the driver decided he was NOT going to be forced to turn right when he didn't want to, wrongly pushed into the people - then realized someone was knocked down, he stopped, the people rightly did charge to stop the car too - and him right to then keep going after she was clear.

    He should not have pushed into the people. He should have backed up.
    It'll be an interesting court case....on the one hand yeah he should have sat there instead of trying to roll through the crowd.....on the other hand he can't go a diferent direction safly, the crowd were occupying the intersection illegaly, and the cops did nothing to clear the road or control car traffic.

    I think everyone's in the wrong on this one.

  4. #164
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    First find a TP rally that is without permit actively trying to obstruct traffic by wandering in the roadway and I'll have your back.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    In the the 2nd part of the video, starting at 0:51 you can see an overhead shot of what happened. The car was not being accosted as it pulled out from behind anothe car and approached the protesters. Then he starts plowing into the crowd, knocking some people over and almost running over that kids legs just before it stops. Then, and only then, do protesters start attacking him, so he takes off knocking some other people over.

    The driver should be charged with vehicular assault and thrown in jail
    As should everyone in the intersection and the police Watch Commander.

  6. #166
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Wait... what? Do you even know what happened? Guy drives down street. People in way. He tries to slowly drive through.
    The video shows you are wrong. It shows that cars were able to avoid the crowd by turning left. Instead of waiting, he passes the car in front of him on the right (it's illegal to pass on the right) and plows into the crowd knocking people over and nearly running over someone's legs. Then, and only then does the crowd hit and surround his car. Before that, no one was even near his car.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #167
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Here's an interesting little bit about Mr Rice, the driver of the car
    Rice’s driving history in Minnesota includes three drunken driving convictions, with the most recent coming in 2003, according to court records. He’s also been convicted of driving with an open liquor bottle, and driving after his license was canceled and in violation of restrictions placed on his license. The most recent of these convictions came in early 2008.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #168
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Just sort of bumped into a few people?

    If a black man did that most conservatives would support the shooting of the driver and claim self defense
    You were able to discern the race of the driver? To this very moment I don't know it.

    And who cares about what conservatives would support anyway?

  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Here's an interesting little bit about Mr Rice, the driver of the car
    And still the State gave him another driver's license.

    Those protesters should thank this guy because if it wasn't for this incident the nation wouldn't care at all that some random people in an unrelated town were protesting lawful self-defense by a cop with an illegal protest.

  10. #170
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    re: Car plows through protesters during Ferguson rally in south Minneapolis [W:349]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You have to wonder what would be the response of the usual crowd here if the people in Ferguson insisted on their right to keep and bear arms as they protested?

    Okay - I was being an obvious smartass as we don't have to wonder at all what their reaction would be.
    There were armed protesters.

    There just isn't anything to talk about because nothing really happened with guns. I don't even know that business owners protected their property with firearms at all.

Page 17 of 91 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •